Skip to content

DANIEL SUÁREZ – 2019 Kansas I Race Advance

This weekend, Daniel Suárez and the No. 41 Haas Automation Ford team journey to Kansas Speedway in Kansas City for Saturday night’s 400-mile Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race. Suárez will pilot the red-and-black Haas Automation Demo Day livery for his fifth career Cup Series start at the 1.5-mile intermediate oval.

Kansas is the fourth mile-and-a-half track of the season and the second night race in 12 events thus far. In Suárez’s three mile-and-a-half starts this season, the 27-year-old has earned one top-five finish and two top-10s, as well as two top-five qualifying efforts.

The Mexico native has made four Cup Series starts at Kansas with his best finish of seventh coming in his first start in May 2017. Overall, he has an average Kansas starting position of 10.5 and an average finishing position of 23.8.

In addition to his Cup Series starts, the Ford driver has two starts in the NASCAR Xfinity Series with top-10 finishes in both. He’s also made one NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series start in May 2015 and earned a sixth-place finish along with leading one lap. Finally, he made an ARCA Racing Series start from the pole position in October 2015 and led 15 laps before an accident ended his day prematurely.

At mile-and-a-half tracks this season, the four-car SHR contingent has an average starting position of 12.6 and an average finishing position of 7.4. At Kansas, SHR has three wins with Kevin Harvick earning two – May 2018 and October 2016 –  and team co-owner Tony Stewart winning in October 2009. SHR is still looking for their first win this year.

In the rain-delayed event last weekend Dover (Del.) International Speedway, Suárez finished 11th, narrowly missing his fifth consecutive top-10 finish in five career Cup Series starts at the concrete mile oval.

The No. 41 machine will sport a different look this weekend with Haas Automation’s Demo Day displayed on the hood of Suárez’s Ford Mustang. The hood design is a reminder that Haas Automation’s Demo Day is quickly approaching, and Haas Automation wants everyone to get automated. It’s in the company’s name. It’s in the company’s DNA. Haas Automation has been helping machine shops around the world automate their processes and boost their productivity since 1983, when it introduced the machine tool industry’s first fully programmable 5C collet indexer – the innovative Haas HA5C.

The tradition of innovation continues today and, on June 12, Haas Automation will present its latest automation solutions worldwide, during a “Get Automated” demo day event at local Haas Factory Outlets (HFOs).

At Demo Day 2019, HFOs around the world will be demonstrating Haas Automation’s newest innovations for automating part production and machining, including the new Automatic Parts Loader for lathes; Pallet Pool systems for the EC-400 HMC and UMC-1000 Universal Machining Center; and robotic integrations on a wide variety of Haas machines. There also will be free food and refreshment, limited-edition Haas T-shirts, and a chance to register to win a race weekend getaway. The machine too industry is welcome to visit Haas Demo Day 2019 at any local Haas Factory Outlet and Get Automated – taking production to the next level. Demonstrations will vary by location. Contact a local HFO for details.

Meanwhile, Ford has seven all-time Cup Series victories at Kansas. The manufacturer has captured three victories so far this year and the solid start to the season has earned Ford drivers five spots in the top-10 in points.

DANIEL SUÁREZ, Driver of the No. 41 Haas Automation Demo Day Mustang for Stewart-Haas Racing:

With Sunday being Mother’s Day, how would describe your mom (Rosalinda) growing up?

“She’s the cool mom. When you’re in elementary or middle school, you always have a couple of friends that you know as a group you can go to their house and hang out. She was that mom. Everybody was welcome and she liked having a bunch of us at the house for parties and things like that.”

How supportive has your mom been during your career?

“She’s very supportive of my career. She doesn’t come from racing, so when I first started racing go-karts and things like that, she wasn’t that into it, but now she likes it because she knows that I love it. She’s been there for me during the good and bad days. Even though she can’t really speak English, when she comes to races here in the United States, people can still always tell that she’s a very sweet person and that she’s supportive of me.”