Post Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:18 pm

Re: Press Conference Tuesday

Loved your post HiddenHollow!!
NASCAR Nan
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:33 am

That graphic has been around a long time. I have no idea who to give credit to for creating it.

I felt this was an appropriate time to dust it off and bring it back out (before Tuesday). ;) :lol: :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:20 pm

It was created by nascarcasm from Twitter.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:49 pm

Smoke14TS wrote:It was created by nascarcasm from Twitter.

Figures. That sounds like something he would come up with. :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

tlmerk

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:34 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Bel14 wrote:I maybe the odd person out, but I do not think this press confernece is going to be what people are expecting or want to hear. After reading this in an article

"Busch, who spent Sunday with Stewart watching the IndyCar race at Sonoma on television, said Stewart got a kick out of the financials.

"Tony was slapping me a high-five, he says, 'We're tapping into Gene's wallet the way I wanted to,'" Busch said."

I just do not see Tony saying anything negative. Now he may turn around and blame on the media for making it a bigger issue then it is. Then again I could be totally wrong.

nice to finally see a reasonable Tony fan on this subject.
Like I said he will play nice. He will be the corporate guy (not the tony everyone wants) when it comes to Haas. Then he will try & spin it on the media & mess with them for making a big thing out of what Haas said. In other words he will lie & try to cover it up.

Had you written this post 5 years ago, Schmoop, I would have strongly disagreed with you, but ever since his backpedaling on the Goodyear issue a few years back, I can no longer believe what Tony says. That sucks too because I always loved how he told it "like it is" and screw you if you don't respect his honesty. Now... he's no better than the rest of the drivers and owners. They all CTA or Cover someone else's a....

Can't wait to see him back driving though. Wishing him a quick recovery and at the same time, hoping Ryan makes it to the Chase, wins the Chase and then Ryan and Darian can go have a drink to celebrate they're no longer bound to SHR. (Ouch... quit throwing tomatoes at me!) HAHA
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:22 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:
dirt93 wrote:I hope they replay it. Im at work....

It will probably be available on NASCAR.com, but sometime later. It may even get posted to YouTube eventually.

I'm going to attempt to record the video stream, but depending on the length of the press conference, it could end up being a VERY BIG file. :shock: We'll see if it works. I've been practicing. ;)

HH that would be great.....wish you much success in your attempt. If it works out can you give us rookies an idea of how you did it?! :lol: :lol:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

MountainGypsy50

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:05 pm

Good thing opinions are like butt cracks, I just want to know if it's going to be on TV, Radio, or the internet. This is the first I have heard about this. Oh I guess the time would also be useful. Anyone know the wherefores on this conference.
<<

Im4Smoke14

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:43 pm

The press conference will be streamed live on NASCAR.com - Press Pass - and will also be on Sirius XM Channel 90. It is supposed to start at 2:00 Eastern time. Tony will be at SHR headquarters. Can't wait to hear what he has to say!
I'm not a 10.....I'm a 14!
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:17 pm

Im4Smoke14 wrote:The press conference will be streamed live on NASCAR.com - Press Pass - and will also be on Sirius XM Channel 90. It is supposed to start at 2:00 Eastern time. Tony will be at SHR headquarters. Can't wait to hear what he has to say!

you mean to say he is gonna be in the building!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
ImageImageImage
<<

housesandhogans

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:44 pm

I think a couple of things about this press conference.

First, after the disaster publicity-wise that Haas created last week, I think Tony & Tony's people decided that they needed to get him back out in the public eye as soon as possible. Since this company started Tony has been the face of it and he has done a great job at that. He always talks in terms of "we" - meaning his whole company/team (whether he means it or not). Did you notice everything in Haas' talk was about I?

Second, yes, he will at this time talk the company line. And I think he should. It really doesn't do the company any good to be showing any split. If there is any kind of rift going on, it makes everyone look better if they are not airing their dirty laundry in public. Even if in private Tony is trying to work something out for leaving Haas, until it is all worked out, he won't talk about it in public.

Third, it will be great to see and hear him again, no matter what he says .
<<

kim92164

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:30 pm

Dag nab it! I will be at work tomorrow, suppose to work 1:30pm - 10pm, but will be more like 12pm - 10pm. 2 days down and 6 more to go.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:34 pm

I'm off tomorrow so I will be tuning in. Kim, I will post the gist of what he says on FB for you.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

kim92164

Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:15 am

onerockindoc wrote:I'm off tomorrow so I will be tuning in. Kim, I will post the gist of what he says on FB for you.

Thank you!
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:47 am

Yesterday on RACEHUB, they said they will carry it, not live, but at their scheduled time of 4:30 EST.....it is on our new :roll: Fox Sports 1 channel.... For those of us who can get the channel! :( I know it will be on u tube, look how fast "the slap" went viral! Also ESPN will carry it on NASCAR Now, it comes on at 2:30am EST.....for the night owls :lol: Hopefully this will help!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
PreviousNext

Return to Tony