FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Will there be a 2014?

<<

cslonewolf

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:53 pm

Will there be a 2014?

WOW what an odd turn of events here as of late. Yea the rumors were going around for a couple of weeks, but I never thought they were true. Kurt Busch to drive for SHR. Tony said they couldn't afford to run a 4th team, so the rumors had to be untrue. Turns out they were after all. I gotta tell ya all I was rather upset when I first heard the rumor. Then yesterday when it was announced that the deal was signed and Kurt would be in the 4th SHR car with 100% funding from HAAS AUTOMATION I was really fired up. I was #### that Tony could do his friend this way. He lied to him. I was #### Gene would #### and moan when he had to shell out a lil cash to sponsor Ryan, but is willing to shell out truckloads of cash to give 100% funding to Busch. SHR was now a bunch of backstabbing A$$HOLES.

Fast forward to today, and to Gene's lil press conference. As it turns out Tony was completely out of the loop on this, and is not at all happy about it. Gene's comment about it.... "Well get happy about it, or get out of the building."
So when I read that Kurt had signed my first thought was Smoke, Kevin, and Kurt all on the same team. Three of the biggest hotheads in the game trying to co-exist in the same shop. This team is gonna implode. there is no way this is going to work out. WAY TOO MANY ALPHA DOGS.

Now however after seeing what Gene had to say, and the way he had to say it. I have to wonder if there will even be an SHR for 2014. I don't believe this is going to sit well with Tony. Not only did Gene ignore Tony's wishes about Kurt (Tony thought they needed to wait) then he turns around and basically tells Tony he too is expendable. "Yea Tony you took my crappy lil team out of the basement, made it a championship team, but if you don't like this then pack your #### and get out." Not an ounce of gratitude or loyalty in this man.

On a side note I still think Tony is an A$$. .Gonna miss this site but after Homestead SHR can suck it
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

im4tony

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:00 pm

Re: Will there be a 2014?

It really is hard to know if what we hear is the truth. If this is true, there is nothing like getting a person when he is down and out and making this decision without including Tony in on the decision making. Maybe Tony and Ryan should set up their own team. They may be more changes before this is all over. It wouldn't surprise me at all. I will stand by Tony and follow him whatever happens and wherever he ends up
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:52 am

I have never heard anything from Ryan that sounded like he would even be remotely interested in owning/running a team. I think he just wants to drive.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:22 am

HiddenHollow wrote:I have never heard anything from Ryan that sounded like he would even be remotely interested in owning/running a team. I think he just wants to drive.

actually a couple years ago he said he will never want to own a team. Once he leaves racing. He said he wants to be done with racing. No team owning, commentating or anything. (at the major levels anyways)
ImageImageImage
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:25 am

There ya go. :D Thanks, Schmoop. ;)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:52 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
HiddenHollow wrote:I have never heard anything from Ryan that sounded like he would even be remotely interested in owning/running a team. I think he just wants to drive.

actually a couple years ago he said he will never want to own a team. Once he leaves racing. He said he wants to be done with racing. No team owning, commentating or anything. (at the major levels anyways)

Ryan said his interest would be in the farm he and Krissie have and also do things that included her. They both have non racing interests so it seems he doesn't need to be in racing forever.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:38 pm

They have more than enough to do......they have Rescue Ranch......and as all of you know who own fur babies, it can be a 24-7 job..

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

cslonewolf

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:40 pm

I hope Tony pulls out and leaves Gene with the choice he made. Don't see it happening though. Sucks tony is going to have to deal with the sh! storm that Kurt is going to end up causing. It's just a matter of time before it happens. It'll be Smoke who is left holding the bag while Gene goes back to hiding in the shadows.
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:16 pm

Things don't work out at RCR for Ryan,he may be on the farm sooner than we realize.
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:54 am

I'm more than confused with Mr. Haas. I don't want to think he's trying to edge Tony out but if that is what he wants why not just come out and say so. The Mickey Mouse games stink. He may not think so but there has to be a large amount of the big players who wonder what kind of DUDE he really is. There has been a couple of things about him that he really didn't think through. I read a quote from way back when he said "it would have been cheaper to pay the taxes as it cost alot of money plus he still had to pay the original amount. Maybe the dumb so and so just can't stand having things run smoothly. Does anyone remember he was sued in Florida over a condo a couple of years back?
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:33 pm

Another thought that many might not being paying attention too right now.
Even if all this grandstanding by Haas is BS & Him & Tony were on the same page. Perception is a powerful thing. What happens with the other cars that need sponsors at SHR. Haas might be affecting those three from getting future sponsors, if they think Haas & Tony are at odds. Or if they (the sponsors) think Haas's driver & team would get preferential treatment over the others. Or a civil war wouldn't be good for any of the teams. This kinda raises many red flags for potential future sponsors, while SHR looks in disarray.
ImageImageImage
<<

onerockindoc

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:57 pm

Schmoop is correct....all the more reason Tony needs to reach out publicly.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

cslonewolf

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:18 pm

You bring up a great point there schmoop..... it is no secret that most sponsors will not touch Kurt with a ten foot pole. Most teams share all sponsorship. They all have primary sponsorship, and other members share those sponsors as accosiate sponsors. So how are say Mobil 1, budwieser, and go daddy gonna feel about being on Kurt.'s car? Will they pull their sponsorship of Tony Kevin and Danica because of Kurt? A lot of crap is going to go down because of this decision by Mr. Haas.

So happy Ryan will not be a part of it.
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

muskrat

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:18 am

I like everyone was floored at the initial anouncement, but then I was So angry by Haas's attitude at the press conference, I am no expert but maybe the reason we haven't heard from Tony is that he is talking with lawyers about the leaglity of what Haas did, It Seems a little dirty that the big anouncement was made WHILE Tony was unable to legally consent to anything and could not be reached for comment. It is still 5 months until Daytona Lets see if Kurt Bush is really Driving SHR car or just a Haas car
Or Maybe I just want to believe the best of Tony
I would rather be hated for who I am than Loved for what I ain't
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:42 am

All I gotta say is, after seeing the restart with about what, 25 - 30 left, Kurt went from 10th to 2nd in about 6 seconds and about 3/4 of a turn in MID-PACK equipment, I'm kinda l@@kin' forward to next year EVEN IF HAAS is a DOOSH NOZZLE. I still say if Kurt gets into GOOD equipment, he'll be happy and won't have too much room to b*tch.....
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
Next

Return to The Lobby