FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kurt Busch to SHR

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:33 pm

Re: Kurt Busch to SHR

well mid I have been asking for good equipment for Ryan since I found this board. If Haas ever gave Ryan a good team he might have been pleasantly surprised. of course Ryan wasn't Hass pick, it was Tony's. I imagine if Haas get Kurt he will throw everything he can at making Kurt successful. it is easy to say Kurt in the 22 cars was better than ryans, Kurt in the 78 is better than ryans (I would say better than all of SHR) yet he hasn't won in a couple years. I give you he was never gonna win in the 51. not on speed anyways.
If Kurt gets a great car he will do good in it. If Kurt gets a good car he will overdrive it & damage it. As he has done with the 78, 51, & the 22. if you gave the cars the 48 has to him, this would remain the same. This is who he is as a driver.
ImageImageImage
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:38 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:well mid I have been asking for good equipment for Ryan since I found this board. If Haas ever gave Ryan a good team he might have been pleasantly surprised. of course Ryan wasn't Hass pick, it was Tony's. I imagine if Haas get Kurt he will throw everything he can at making Kurt successful. it is easy to say Kurt in the 22 cars was better than ryans, Kurt in the 78 is better than ryans (I would say better than all of SHR) yet he hasn't won in a couple years. I give you he was never gonna win in the 51. not on speed anyways.
If Kurt gets a great car he will do good in it. If Kurt gets a good car he will overdrive it & damage it. As he has done with the 78, 51, & the 22. if you gave the cars the 48 has to him, this would remain the same. This is who he is as a driver.

Hey Schmoop....Go to driveraverages.com and open separate tabs and do a side by side comparison. I don't wanna be the bad guy here, I did a comparison before I typed this post. I was surprised by what the numbers said. I had no idea there was as much of a disparity between the 2 as there is. I'm NOT doggin' anybody, NOR am I putting Kurt on a pedestal, I'm not a Kurt, the person fan, BUUUUT, I think Kurt, the DRIVER might be a diamond in the rough AGAIN if Gene Haas can keep his mouth in check. I still think that when 2014 is done, what's her face will go away, and Ryan will come back. Why would Tony work so closely with RCR to get Austin Dillon some seat time in Cup in good equipment? I still think after next season, Ty Dillon gets promoted to Cup, Ryan is out at RCR, what's her face is gone at SHR and lo and behold, Ryan comes back over to SHR to occupy the seat vacated by what's her face. We as fans are truly in the dark as to the WHOLE TRUTH, all we can do is sit back and wait for the WHOLE TRUTH to hit the airwaves. :D
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:18 am

midwesternsmoke wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:well mid I have been asking for good equipment for Ryan since I found this board. If Haas ever gave Ryan a good team he might have been pleasantly surprised. of course Ryan wasn't Hass pick, it was Tony's. I imagine if Haas get Kurt he will throw everything he can at making Kurt successful. it is easy to say Kurt in the 22 cars was better than ryans, Kurt in the 78 is better than ryans (I would say better than all of SHR) yet he hasn't won in a couple years. I give you he was never gonna win in the 51. not on speed anyways.

Hey Schmoop....Go to driveraverages.com and open separate tabs and do a side by side comparison. I don't wanna be the bad guy here, I did a comparison before I typed this post. I was surprised by what the numbers said. I had no idea there was as much of a disparity between the 2 as there is. I'm NOT doggin' anybody, NOR am I putting Kurt on a pedestal, I'm not a Kurt, the person fan, BUUUUT, I think Kurt, the DRIVER might be a diamond in the rough AGAIN if Gene Haas can keep his mouth in check. I still think that when 2014 is done, what's her face will go away, and Ryan will come back. Why would Tony work so closely with RCR to get Austin Dillon some seat time in Cup in good equipment? I still think after next season, Ty Dillon gets promoted to Cup, Ryan is out at RCR, what's her face is gone at SHR and lo and behold, Ryan comes back over to SHR to occupy the seat vacated by what's her face. We as fans are truly in the dark as to the WHOLE TRUTH, all we can do is sit back and wait for the WHOLE TRUTH to hit the airwaves. :D

I don't look at you as a bad guy Mid. Just a conversationalist. Again I don't look at stats to paint a whole picture. Only those that either don't know better do, or those to lazy to look at everything does. A. Ryan has been taken out of races not of his doing at all (horrible luck) way more than kurt has. B. Kurt & ryan had similar not so hot cars when they were both with Penske when they switched makes & were basically crap. other than that & one year with the 51. Ryan has had a way worse team than Kurt since being in the 39 team. That is actually how I found this site. Was to ask why they wouldn't fix Ryans team way back in early 09. If Kurt had Ryans team in the 39 they would have fitted him for a straightjacket. So averages, wins & all that doesn't tell a person who can drive race cars. Now a days success is made by teams & drivers are pretty much a tool to use just like equipment. They can make a difference in a lap or two, but for the most part, aero, motor, & how smart your CC is. Plus reliable pit crew trumps the drivers on about 90% of the tracks.
To be honest with you. Kurt can wheel a car dam well. He just has a tendency to get impatient & over drive when his blood pressure goes up. I don't hate Kurt for coming (if he does) to SHR. Drivers are just chess pieces. I personally have been wanting Ryan to leave SHR long before this year started. They were never gonna worry about his team. believe if Kurt comes they will do what they are gonna do for Harvick. Completely revamp a team. Doubt either of them will get the 39s crew, that will be rebuilt for them. They will go hunt for the best CC money can buy that isn't under contract (although for revenge on TG I really wish Kurt got TG LOL) The only people I have a problem is the owners of SHR for being such d!cks to Ryan. Then saying the lack of wins is because of the driver, who drives for a team that loses 8 spots on 4 tire stops like clock work. You know this last race the fastest 4 tire stop ryans team had was a 13.7. anything under a 13.6 is considered fast to that team. typically they are over 14 seconds. I saw a 12.6 stop & thought holy Sh!t but then quickly realized I was looking at Edwards pit crew. to them that isn't even a fast stop sub 12's to a decent team is a fast stop. Yet on TV they will report if Kurt loses one spot on pit road. So the masses will never know how fImageed up Ryans team really is when making their opinions. so as you can see, I don't give a sh!t about averages. Give Kurt TG for three years & come back to me about who has what averages.

I agree with you, if kurt can keep his head together he can drive race cars to good finishes. That just hasn't happened for long periods of time yet. I do think him having his girlfriends kid around will help keep him more balanced. Again the Sh!tty thing is the owners not improving the other race team until after ryan leaves. Just think how many more wins ryan could have had for Haas if they worried about this team back in 09' ;)
ImageImageImage
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:09 am

Here's somethin' I'm puzzlin' about..... Gene Haas brings in Kurt, Keeps what's her name, EVEN THOUGH he has more money than GODADDY, and could bring in international sponsors, Is there a possibilty that he and Ryan were secretly on the outs and nobody knew?? Crazier $hit has happened. We may NEVER know all the details as to why/where/what.... so all we can believe is what the media tells us unless any of us here have an insider...... I am becoming more and more disgusted with the business world as a whole. There is ABSOLUTELY no loyalty to people anymore, JUST THE LOVE OF MONEY. I spent quite a few years in restaurant management, NO MATTER WHAT you did financially, the "powers that be" ALWAYS wanted MORE, MORE, MORE. That's the primary reason I'm not in that side of the service business anymore. We'll just have to wait until all the details shake out on this thing. Speculation will drive one into a rubber closet. I prefer to just throw random twists and not put tooooo much stock in anything until all the cards fall.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
color]
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:27 am

midwesternsmoke wrote:Here's somethin' I'm puzzlin' about..... Gene Haas brings in Kurt, Keeps what's her name, EVEN THOUGH he has more money than GODADDY, and could bring in international sponsors, Is there a possibilty that he and Ryan were secretly on the outs and nobody knew?? Crazier $hit has happened. We may NEVER know all the details as to why/where/what.... so all we can believe is what the media tells us unless any of us here have an insider...... I am becoming more and more disgusted with the business world as a whole. There is ABSOLUTELY no loyalty to people anymore, JUST THE LOVE OF MONEY. I spent quite a few years in restaurant management, NO MATTER WHAT you did financially, the "powers that be" ALWAYS wanted MORE, MORE, MORE. That's the primary reason I'm not in that side of the service business anymore. We'll just have to wait until all the details shake out on this thing. Speculation will drive one into a rubber closet. I prefer to just throw random twists and not put tooooo much stock in anything until all the cards fall.

I never felt like Haas cared much for ryan. & if there is anything to the thought of Haas being jealous of all Tonys popularity as an owner of SHR. We all know Tony picked Ryan to be in the 39. So look at it how you want, but obviously there is more than meets the eye. Like I said earlier. Drivers are just Chess pieces. If I don't like a driver it is for stuff on the track, not over what ride they take. they take what they can get.
There is a definite lack of loyalty somewhere in SHR. but I agree with you as a whole. The business world sucks. You do something successful, they want you to do it even better the next time. Its never enough.
ImageImageImage
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:48 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
midwesternsmoke wrote:Here's somethin' I'm puzzlin' about..... Gene Haas brings in Kurt, Keeps what's her name, EVEN THOUGH he has more money than GODADDY, and could bring in international sponsors, Is there a possibilty that he and Ryan were secretly on the outs and nobody knew?? Crazier $hit has happened. We may NEVER know all the details as to why/where/what.... so all we can believe is what the media tells us unless any of us here have an insider...... I am becoming more and more disgusted with the business world as a whole. There is ABSOLUTELY no loyalty to people anymore, JUST THE LOVE OF MONEY. I spent quite a few years in restaurant management, NO MATTER WHAT you did financially, the "powers that be" ALWAYS wanted MORE, MORE, MORE. That's the primary reason I'm not in that side of the service business anymore. We'll just have to wait until all the details shake out on this thing. Speculation will drive one into a rubber closet. I prefer to just throw random twists and not put tooooo much stock in anything until all the cards fall.

I never felt like Haas cared much for ryan. & if there is anything to the thought of Haas being jealous of all Tonys popularity as an owner of SHR. We all know Tony picked Ryan to be in the 39. So look at it how you want, but obviously there is more than meets the eye. Like I said earlier. Drivers are just Chess pieces. If I don't like a driver it is for stuff on the track, not over what ride they take. they take what they can get.
There is a definite lack of loyalty somewhere in SHR. but I agree with you as a whole. The business world sucks. You do something successful, they want you to do it even better the next time. Its never enough.

I told MJ the other day that IF the "Newman/Borland as a package" thing happens, wherever they end up will be a 10x better race team.....Kinda hard to beat the collective knowledge in that pair.
I got a feelin' Gene Haas is gonna start to f%ck things up now that he's become (in his own mind) more prevalent ..... We'll see I suppose. 8-) :?
color]
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:50 am

Ink is on the paper, according to Lee Spencer and Marty Smith (who heard it from Kurt).
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Smoke_14

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:52 am

Kurt signed multi-year deal. Details to follow this week. Wow what a coup for SHR. first Kevin now Kurt.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:08 pm

Presser set for 2 p.m. Tuesday.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:27 pm

Oh, crap! :( :cry: :x

Kurt Busch joining Stewart-Haas

By Marty Smith | ESPN.com

Kurt Busch has signed a multiyear contract to drive for Stewart-Haas Racing, beginning with the 2014 season, Busch told ESPN.com Monday.

"I'm going to Stewart-Haas," Busch told ESPN.com Monday morning. "I've signed my deal."

The SHR organization will announce the arrangement formally Monday afternoon and hold a news conference Tuesday afternoon introducing Busch as a Stewart-Haas driver.

Busch received the offer to drive for Stewart-Haas a week ago and received a subsequent offer from his current team, Furniture Row Racing, last week.

Busch is one of several drivers on the bubble to qualify for NASCAR's Chase for the Sprint Cup. With two races remaining to determine the Chase field, Busch ranks 12th in the standings, six points behind 10th-place Joey Logano.

Busch said Monday he appreciates greatly the opportunity afforded him at FRR. Asked if he can maintain focus and help get the No. 78 team into the Chase, he said, "Come Wednesday, that's all I'm going to think about."
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:53 pm

They want the 00 (Gene's Nationwide number before he moved that team up to Cup in 2007) and Haas will be on the hood and quarter panels. Good chance the car will resemble Jason Leffler's Busch car from '04.

http://www.jayski.com/schemes/2004/busch/00haas.jpg

<<

TishR

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:00 pm

HH Oh Crap is not exactly the words I just used when I read that the (ugh) elf inked his deal.

Does anybody besides me starting to hear creaking and cracking going at SHR about now.

I do not like how this whole thing went down. Business is one thing but just because you like somebody all of a sudden you are willing to open your own wallet just to grab someone. Maybe Gene Haas likes Kurt so much because they are two of a kind living in a fantasy world. He wants publicity for his company well now he will get it.
Tish
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:05 pm

TishR wrote:HH Oh Crap is not exactly the words I just used when I read that the (ugh) elf inked his deal.

Does anybody besides me starting to hear creaking and cracking going at SHR about now.

I do not like how this whole thing went down. Business is one thing but just because you like somebody all of a sudden you are willing to open your own wallet just to grab someone. Maybe Gene Haas likes Kurt so much because they are two of a kind living in a fantasy world. He wants publicity for his company well now he will get it.

Those weren't the first words I uttered either, but as I posted in another topic about Kurt, the forum's bad word filter wouldn't let me use it. ;) :lol:

I am not at all happy about this move either. I'll just have to cheer for Tony and try to ignore the others, although I don't really have a problem with Kevin. It really ticks me off that they let Ryan go the way they did.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:19 pm

Instead of acting like a bunch of Chicken Littles and declaring that the sky is falling and Stewart-Haas Racing is disintegrating before our very eyes I have a novel idea: why don't we just wait and see what happens? Look at the positives, all the business decisions aside, we will now have two champions and a third championship caliber driver in the first three SHR cars. When Kurt has a car that can stay under him (and his head on his shoulders right) he has proven himself a top talent. Having that trio of drivers together is reason for optimism, with what they all bring to the table. If they work together like teammates and have that chemistry (Kurt and Kevin being the question mark, if they can co-exist) next year has the prospect to be exciting.

<<

Taskforce14

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:38 pm

Couldn't agree more Smoke14TS. I think everyone is getting a little carried away with all the speculation about this whole thing. It's kind of started playing out like a soap opera on here.
PreviousNext

Return to Tony