FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kurt Busch to SHR

<<

TishR

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:47 pm

Re: Kurt Busch to SHR

HH I have to agree with you.

I wonder what excuse Gene is going to use when Kurt and Tony get into it and the implosion begins.
Tish
<<

housesandhogans

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:28 pm

Do you really think Tony and Bush would get into it? Why? If either of them does something stupid to the other one, then yes, I agree they might for a while. Then, when they get off the track, Tony puts his owner's hat back on and it gets ignored or talked away. I do think Tony has matured to that point for off the track. Kurt, while I am not a lover or a hater, has appeared to be more stable off the track this year. Was silently applauding him for that and why I think the smaller, 78 team was good for him. They say he and brother Kyle have been, for the past year, clients of True Speed, Tony's pr firm. So, there is some connection again between Tony and Kut off the track.

What I do find funny is how, all of a sudden Haas is speaking up about Tony seeing it as a businessman. I have a feeling Tony's "people" have brought to Haas' attention how he was making Tony look and now he has to try and salvage that. And what a crock - get a championship with his name on it. What another slap to Tony. Wasn't Tony's championship in '11 for SHR? Isn't Haas name on that??? And who says Bush would bring another championship? He's had good cars and run well this year - but can't get one win. Is he really still a champion? It also crosses my mind that Haas does not like Tony's dirt racing and Haas thinks this is a way of challenging Tony. Like -" you, Tony, aren't interested enough to get a championship, so I am going to go out and get me a driver who will". The whole thing is such a circus. Still find it interesting that its all happening while Tony is away.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:37 pm

This one quote -

"The deal with Kurt Busch ... it's all on me. I'd like to have a dog in the fight, and I'm highly qualified."

and this one -

"...he [Gene] wants the 2004 Sprint Cup champion [Kurt] in one of his [Gene's] cars because he wants to take his non-racing company's name to Victory Lane. 'I'd be happy to have a driver like that on our team," Haas said before the Sprint Cup race at Bristol Motor Speedway. "You'd win a lot of races. I'd really be happy for my company Haas to be in the winner's circle. I've never been there. I want to be there with that name."'

tells me that Gene looks at the teams as yours (Tony's) and mine (Gene's) and right now the 3 teams are "Tony's." Gene wants a "dog in the fight" which sounds to me like he wants a driver and team of his own choosing with Haas Automation on the hood. He wants to see a car with Haas Autmation on the hood in the winner's circle. He believes Kurt is that driver and he has the money to fully sponsor him.

However, I'm not quite sure what he means by, "...I'm highly qualified." Sounds rather egotistical to me. "Qualified" to what or for what? :?
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

kim92164

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:45 pm

Sometimes you have to give someone just enough rope to hang themselves. Maybe that's what Tony is doing and sitting back waiting. Then again I could be wrong too.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:48 pm

It will all depend on if Kurt gets signed and how he performs in 2014. What if Gene spends all this money and Kurt doesn't get Haas Automation to Victory Lane? How much time will Gene give Kurt before he kicks him to the curb?

So, if Ryan had gone to Victory Lane at one, or more, of the races that had Haas Automation on the hood, would Ryan still have a job at SHR? Hmmmm!?! :| Would that have made Ryan, Gene's favorite driver? We can only ponder the possibilities.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

TishR

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:58 pm

Do I really think Tony and Kurt will get into it? Yes. It may not be in public but it will happen. If you listen to Kurt's radio chatter you will realize he has improved some but as of the last few races he has started to revert back to his old ways. He can put on a good public persona when he has to. It is contract time.

As to Gene wanting his companies name in victory lane, I think he is referring to Haas Automation because I don't think any of the races he actually sponsored made it there. As to being highly qualified I guess it means boat loads of money.
Tish
<<

housesandhogans

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:13 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:This one quote -

"The deal with Kurt Busch ... it's all on me. I'd like to have a dog in the fight, and I'm highly qualified."

and this one -

"...he [Gene] wants the 2004 Sprint Cup champion [Kurt] in one of his [Gene's] cars because he wants to take his non-racing company's name to Victory Lane. 'I'd be happy to have a driver like that on our team," Haas said before the Sprint Cup race at Bristol Motor Speedway. "You'd win a lot of races. I'd really be happy for my company Haas to be in the winner's circle. I've never been there. I want to be there with that name."'

tells me that Gene looks at the teams as yours (Tony's) and mine (Gene's) and right now the 3 teams are "Tony's." Gene wants a "dog in the fight" which sounds to me like he wants a driver and team of his own choosing with Haas Automation on the hood. He wants to see a car with Haas Autmation on the hood in the winner's circle. He believes Kurt is that driver and he has the money to fully sponsor him.

However, I'm not quite sure what he means by, "...I'm highly qualified." Sounds rather egotistical to me. "Qualified" to what or for what? :?

I agree. The other sentence you didn't underline "I'd be happy to have a driver like that on our team. You'd win a lot of races". Seriously? Both Tony (with only half a season this year) and Ryan have won a race. When was the last time Kurt won a race? (I actually have no clue)
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:15 pm

TishR wrote:Do I really think Tony and Kurt will get into it? Yes. It may not be in public but it will happen. If you listen to Kurt's radio chatter you will realize he has improved some but as of the last few races he has started to revert back to his old ways. He can put on a good public persona when he has to. It is contract time.

As to Gene wanting his companies name in victory lane, I think he is referring to Haas Automation because I don't think any of the races he actually sponsored made it there. As to being highly qualified I guess it means boat loads of money.

That is EXACTLY what he is referring to!

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:36 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:
TishR wrote:Do I really think Tony and Kurt will get into it? Yes. It may not be in public but it will happen. If you listen to Kurt's radio chatter you will realize he has improved some but as of the last few races he has started to revert back to his old ways. He can put on a good public persona when he has to. It is contract time.

well if he was as dedicated to Ryan as he wants to be to Kurt, he would have had Haas Automation in victory lane several times.
ImageImageImage
<<

Rachael J

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:53 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:
Rachael J wrote:
Smoke_14 wrote:Hearing deal is done. Kurt will be at SHR in 2014. Expect announcement once Chase begins unless the 78 makes the chase.

I hope not! :roll: I'm going close my eyes and hope this was all a bad dream! ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh........Darn it, didn't work!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

@TheOrangeCone (if you believe him) tweeted yesterday that the deal was done and would be announced early this week.

I guess next year I'll just have to cheer for Tony and ignore the other 3 drivers, although I don't really have anything against Kevin. But the other two!?!... :( :cry: Sad state of affairs.

Yep, me too!
<<

housesandhogans

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:05 pm

I guess next year I'll just have to cheer for Tony and ignore the other 3 drivers, although I don't really have anything against Kevin. But the other two!?!... :( :cry: Sad state of affairs.[/quote]
Yep, me too![/quote]

Kinda how I am with Danica this year. Not a lover, not a hater - just an ignorer. So next year will watch Tony & Harvick and ignore the rest.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:34 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
HiddenHollow wrote:

well if he was as dedicated to Ryan as he wants to be to Kurt, he would have had Haas Automation in victory lane several times.

I never realized that 4 is considered "several". 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

eve

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:47 pm

Tony is a businessman and a very successful one. Gene Haas is a businessman that is tainted by his conviction for tax evasion and time spent in jail. I think this whole thing is Gene trying to flex a muscle that he doesn't have to flex. He's got money, and poor taste in drivers and no real knowledge of what it takes to have a successful team. Kurt is reverting back to his old ways. His radio conversation from Bristol tell that tale. He berated his pit crew and crew chief for a bad pit stop and the problem with the wheel that put him laps down. It seems that as long as Kurt is the only driver and everything goes his way, he's fine. The least little problem and he goes off.

I can't see Tony allowing someone with Kurt's rep for abusing his team to come to SHR. Sure Tony knew Gene was interested in Kurt, but it never went any further than interest. Now that Tony is sidelined, Gene takes advantage of it and tries to get his own way. Well, I bet both Gene and Tony have to sign off on this contract. I can't see Tony doing that. He has a successful organization without drama, why allow someone like Kurt to mess with that.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:50 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:well if he was as dedicated to Ryan as he wants to be to Kurt, he would have had Haas Automation in victory lane several times.

2 is a couple
3 is a few
4 is several 8-)

much better than comparison of a lot of victories from Haas. (when was the last time Kurt won even 1 race?) :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:02 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
midwesternsmoke wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:well if he was as dedicated to Ryan as he wants to be to Kurt, he would have had Haas Automation in victory lane several times.

2 is a couple
3 is a few
4 is several 8-)

much better than comparison of a lot of victories from Haas. (when was the last time Kurt won even 1 race?) :mrgreen:

2 in '09
2 in '10
2 in '11......... in good equipment of course. What he's been stuck in since be blew a gasket has been mid-pack AT BEST. Put him back in some GOOD equipment and duct-tape his yapper shut, we might be pleasantly surprised. 8-) ;)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
PreviousNext

Return to Tony