FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kurt Busch to SHR

<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:04 pm

Re: Kurt Busch to SHR

Smoke14TS wrote:
8Ballin wrote:
Sorry, I've about had it with this group and how they've decided to operate themselves. Feel free to flame, but Tony fans better get used to more negativity.

We've been plenty used to it for a long time. Ryan's fans better get used to the fact that this is what happens when better drivers are available.

your so full of crap, if you didnt like ryan so much how comes you never let it be known until he got his release? your what they call chicken poop, your a jinx, every driver you like, which seems to be many ( i guess you need to keep your bases covered, or maybe tony isnt what you build him up to be so u have to bandwagon on other drivers.) any dreams of drivers lately?
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:14 pm

ndunn wrote:
I've only heard of one racer who was sexually different and he died of aids.

If you mean Tim Richmond it wasn't a case of being "sexually different." He wasn't gay, he just, by all accounts, slept with just about any attractive woman he could get his hands on with reckless abandon.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:19 pm

<<

ndunn

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:53 pm

Smoke14TS wrote:
ndunn wrote:
I've only heard of one racer who was sexually different and he died of aids.

If you mean Tim Richmond it wasn't a case of being "sexually different." He wasn't gay, he just, by all accounts, slept with just about any attractive woman he could get his hands on with reckless abandon.

Thank you for that post. I was totally wrong on that and I appreciate the fact the correct info was presented.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:14 am

@JennaFryer 4m
Zippy says Gene Haas wants Kurt. If no Kurt Busch, he doesn't want a 4th team.

@ESPNNASCAR 6m
"Gene Haas has always liked Kurt, we talked last year about putting him in the 39," Zippy says. "This kind of got sprung on us 14 days ago."

@Noble_Jim 5m
@GZipadelli says Gene Haas "in last 14 days" brought up idea of adding 4th car at @StewartHaasRcng and that Kurt Busch was high on his list
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:16 am

Smoke14TS wrote:@JennaFryer 4m
Zippy says Gene Haas wants Kurt. If no Kurt Busch, he doesn't want a 4th team.

@ESPNNASCAR 6m
"Gene Haas has always liked Kurt, we talked last year about putting him in the 39," Zippy says. "This kind of got sprung on us 14 days ago."

@Noble_Jim 5m
@GZipadelli says Gene Haas "in last 14 days" brought up idea of adding 4th car at @StewartHaasRcng and that Kurt Busch was high on his list

You & I are reading & re-posting some of the same tweets. ;) :lol: Just putting them in different threads.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

racegrrl

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:12 pm

It is Haas. Period. Not Smoke.

WHAT ESSENTIALLY TRANSPIRED IN THE MONTHS SINCE THE ANNOUNCEMENT IN NEW HAMPSHIRE THAT RYAN (NEWMAN) WOULDN’T BE COMING BACK AND TONY’S STATEMENT AT THE TIME THAT HE DIDN’T THINK YOU WERE READY FOR FOUR CARS? HAS THERE BEEN A QUANTUM CHANGE IN PHILOSOPHY SINCE THEN THAT’S MAYBE ALLOWED YOU TO GO FORWARD WITH THAT FOURTH CAR AS MUCH AS YOU CAN GET INTO THAT WHAT HAS CHANGED?

GREG ZIPADELLI: “I mean obviously something has changed. Gene Haas is obviously a partner and started this many years ago. He just came the other day, he is always liked Kurt (Busch). We had talked about Kurt last year of putting him in the No. 39 things just didn’t work out. It’s really nothing that Ryan (Newman) did wrong I mean he’s done a great job, he’s a good guy, heck of a driver. This just kind of got sprung on us 14 days ago or less. It’s kind of all come down. Gene just showed some interest and having the ability to put something together. Without getting into a ton more details that is really all it is. It’s something we are working on. I don’t know that it will all come together. It’s going to take an awful lot. It is kind of late. We didn’t think that we would have all the pieces to get put together at Loudon and felt like it was the best thing for Ryan to give him a fair shot at securing something for himself. I mean which is the most important thing.”
<<

kim92164

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:10 pm

I've always felt that Mr. Haas never liked Ryan. If you ever look back at any of the times, except the Brickyard, you very rarely see him in Victory Lane. When Tony wins he is ALWAYS there. So I don't think it was Tony's idea to can Ryan, it was the one with the money. I haven't said a whole lot on Ryan being let go because I've been hoping that something would happen so that he could stay. Maybe I'm stupid. I also feel that it was Mr. Haas who was behind getting rid of Darian Grubb, but Tony made it look as though it was a team decision. Tony's name may be on the building, butt Haas' money is in it. Sorry for my rant, I'll probably get black balled from the site now.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:23 pm

Tony was dissatisfied with Darian as a crew chief, that was his move. He's the one that got Addington. Otherwise, everything you said is pretty valid. Don't see why you'd be blackballed.

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:36 pm

Naw, no blackballing here. :D :D Rant away!
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

kim92164

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:26 pm

Thanks y'all. It's just that and maybe Mr. Haas is an alright person, but it seems to me as though he looks down on those who would be considered "common" folks.
<<

KMOAutobahn

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:31 pm

kim92164 wrote:Thanks y'all. It's just that and maybe Mr. Haas is an alright person, but it seems to me as though he looks down on those who would be considered "common" folks.

I don't know where you would have a basis for that insinuation. It would seem like a pretty #### poor way to run his business with such a personal agenda when you consider how much money he doles out for SHR.

What makes more sense to me is that Gene Haas saw that there was another championship caliber driver out there and decided to hire him to give his organization the best chance to collect more championships in the future.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:43 pm

Kim, while I disagree with your assumption that Mr Haas would look down on the common folk I would never call for your ouster from this esteemed group! We need you and your crazy ideas on race day.

I met Gene Haas in 2011 when I was lucky enough to be invited to Tony's victory lane celebration. Well, maybe I wasn't so much invited as I talked my way in.....oh well....it doesn't matter. I talked at length to him...he was chatty, somewhat charming and knew I was just a fan. I took his picture in the cowboy hat and if I am not mistaken he posed for a picture with me and my friend. If I can find it I will post it.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

kim92164

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:35 pm

Ok, I can be wrong and I'll admit it. I hear some at work talk and I look at their point of view as well. After all when it comes to racing I'm stupid, lol. And I'll admit that too. I mean when y'all say something about a wedge or whatever the heck it is I instantly think a wedgy isn't comfortable (No I'm not blond either) lol. Sorry if I upset anyone.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:11 pm

kurt will never contend for a championship the rest of his career, tho he won one, he got lucky in inning it, he hasnt done nothing in 2 plus years except make JF go bankrupt
PreviousNext

Return to Tony