racegrrl

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: Kurt Busch to SHR

Stand by my statement, silly or not.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:13 pm

racegrrl wrote:Stand by my statement, silly or not.

Do you have anything to back up your statement? A quote from the involved parties?
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Taskforce14

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:22 pm

I think everyone out there knows that Kurt is a heck of a driver. SHR fans should be thrilled that they are going for it by attempting to sign a top driver. SHR wants results and I think Kurt can get them results. Ryan Newman is a nice guy but he has not performed. What has he really done since Indy? It has been a return to mediocre again. And I still think Danica is gone after next year if there isn't a huge amount of improvement out of her. And while I'm thinking about it, what has Tony Gibson really done with Danica and Newman? Not much. I often thought he should have been dumped while Newman's crew chief. Heck maybe Addington goes to Busch (if signed) and Zippy returns to Stewart? I would imagine the possibilities are endless. SHR is trying to run a competitive race team here. I don't think they are really worried about the fans personal connections to the drivers.
<<

maggie2940

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:28 pm

No way why don't they keep Ryan
<<

housesandhogans

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:28 pm

Smoke_14 wrote:Any evidence to Tony not knowing of the deal. It may not have been Tony's idea but I highly doubt Gene would hire a driver without at least Tony knowing about it.

The only reason I might disagree with this is because of the Press Pass interview with Zippy last Friday. When I watched the whole thing, somewhere in the middle, Zippy said that the two sides (Tony's people and Haas's people) were all of a sudden talking to one another. He made it sound like these two groups really never got together before Tony's accident. If so, Haas may have not said anything to Tony until they were closer to a real deal with Bush. So, Tony may not have known about. We'll probably never know for sure. I still dislike it though.
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:30 pm

I have read all this thread and have read several news articles. I do agree that it would be weird to leave Tony out of it. However, they are talking about CNC HAAS as the sponsor. The one thing that has not been mentioned here that I have seen is this, do you remember where the pit crew came from for Front Row Motor Sports in 2012...yup, SHR...hired and trained. Then the pit crew was hired by RCR this year for FR. I mention this because I have to wonder if the sponsorship was only a one year deal and that maybe they will bring the whole nine yards back to SHR. Now I realize there is nothing that says they will do this, but there is nothing that says they won't either.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:21 pm

Smoke14TS wrote:
racegrrl wrote:Stand by my statement, silly or not.

Do you have anything to back up your statement? A quote from the involved parties?

I would like to know the source of that information as well.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:39 pm

beaverpond wrote:I have read all this thread and have read several news articles. I do agree that it would be weird to leave Tony out of it. However, they are talking about CNC HAAS as the sponsor. The one thing that has not been mentioned here that I have seen is this, do you remember where the pit crew came from for Front Row Motor Sports in 2012...yup, SHR...hired and trained. Then the pit crew was hired by RCR this year for FR. I mention this because I have to wonder if the sponsorship was only a one year deal and that maybe they will bring the whole nine yards back to SHR. Now I realize there is nothing that says they will do this, but there is nothing that says they won't either.

Beav is on to something, plus they hired a complete pit crew team to do additional testing for the Gen 6 car......What happened to them?!?.... I also think "race girl" could be on to something too!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Taskforce14

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:44 pm

There is no way that Stewart was left out of any decision to offer Kurt Busch a ride next year. Absolutely no way.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:47 pm

Taskforce14 wrote:There is no way that Stewart was left out of any decision to offer Kurt Busch a ride next year. Absolutely no way.

I agree. #SMOKEWillRise
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:12 pm

I'm trying to picture JJ & Kurt in the same team meetings LOL.
Hey wait a minute, while we are talking silly season & Black helicopters.

Lets connect some dots.
Harvick (RCR) goes to SHR. Ryan (SHR) goes to RCR. Kurt who is a satalite team for RCR. RCR has a deal not to pursue. Pass him off to SHR.(RCR doesn't break agreement) SHR switched to the ECR motor, all drivers stay in the family, with different owners. RCR said last year when EGR left the engine program they weren't worried they had big future plans for ECR engines. While we are throwing out a bunch of stuff for fun. Why not this :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:14 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:I'm trying to picture JJ & Kurt in the same team meetings LOL.

It's already gonna be entertaining enough with Kevin rummaging around while they're trying to talk, hunting for horseshoes.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:20 pm

Smoke14TS wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:I'm trying to picture JJ & Kurt in the same team meetings LOL.

It's already gonna be entertaining enough with Kevin rummaging around while they're trying to talk, hunting for horseshoes.

LOL
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:44 pm

Hey wait a minute, while we are talking silly season & Black helicopters.

Lets connect some dots.
Harvick (RCR) goes to SHR. Ryan (SHR) goes to RCR. Kurt who is a satalite team for RCR. RCR has a deal not to pursue. Pass him off to SHR.(RCR doesn't break agreement) SHR switched to the ECR motor, all drivers stay in the family, with different owners. RCR said last year when EGR left the engine program they weren't worried they had big future plans for ECR engines. While we are throwing out a bunch of stuff for fun. Why not this :mrgreen:

thanks for messin up my night SCH........somehow i dont see JJ or chad bein talkative when that weasel is around...
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:04 pm

Okay....... I will throw this in the drama... On the way home my husband was listening to a local radio station, kinda call in program. Some one called in and said that Furniture Row was bought out by Gene Haas.....that is why the director of competition is going to RCR because SHR has that covered and Kurt Busch wasn't offered a job for 2014 from Furniture Row, because they were in negotiations with the buy out.... Don't know who this person with the info was cause DH didn't catch the name and didn't start really listening until they mentioned SHR.....take it for what it's worth.....I know BLACK HELICOPTERS.... :shock: it's a little far fetched but who knows ?? I just find it interesting!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
PreviousNext

Return to Tony