FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kurt Busch to SHR

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:41 am

Re: Kurt Busch to SHR

I don't know, Annalee. I hope you are right that this is just a rumor, but... "multiple NASCAR sources have confirmed..." :|
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Jellikit

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:44 am

HiddenHollow wrote:I don't know, Annalee. I hope you are right that this is just a rumor, but... "multiple NASCAR sources have confirmed..." :|

It's on NASCAR's site too.
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2013/08/19/nascar-kurt-busch-stewart-haas-racing-offer-sprint-cup-series.html
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:47 am

Yeah, I think it is more than rumor. :(

The best we can hope for is Kurt responding, "thanks, but no thanks." :?
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smoke_14

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:10 pm

Doubt Kurt would turn it down. Sounds like the best deal out there tbh.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

TonyFan

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:37 pm

I would have to think that if a "formal" offer has been submitted, then an agreement for Kurt to join has already been made. It's just a matter of finalizing the details at this point.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:11 pm

I just picked up on a subtle detail about this story. Maybe it was posted here and I just missed it.

Apparently, the offer to Kurt was made BEFORE Tony was injured and is just leaking out now. I thought the offer was made more recently, like maybe over this past weekend, and just started to leak last night.

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:24 pm

one thing i will give SHR credit in doing and that is becoming the 2nd top Chevy team out there, to take it from its days of running in the back to having a championship and now bein a 3 maybe 4 car team is a feet, and the only good thing haas did was give control to tony.....
whether these reports are true or not, i cant fathom tony wanting kurt as a teammate, kurt is a DICK, he didnt change around FR, they were homecoming a good team, kurt brings a negative cloud anywhere he goes he doesnt respect the sport and not that i condone it, but i can see tony revisiting 2008 and punching kurt if he gets out of line, it will be a dark day if he got signed to SHR, it will turn many people off..........
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:34 pm

I am one that will be turned off for certain, MJ!

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:58 pm

SHR is a business, run by two individuals, to make money ... and will probably do whatever they need to, to accomplish that goal.

I'm sure SHR has probably made tons of 'other offers' to 'others' we don't know or hear about.

I seriously don't think Kurt will ever be at SHR. He and Tony have too much troubled water under the bridge ... plus Kurt tossed Steve away... I think it would be too awkward for a lot of people, to make feasible. Last thing a race team needs in the organization is extra, unnecessary stress.

If Ryan leaves and they do take a 4th car ... then I'm gonna be #### off at them.... and it's not the first time and probably won't be the last. If that ever happens ... then I'll have to put SHR in the Coors beer "box." Love the company Coors... but don't like the beer. Here... I'll love the driver ( Tony ) but not like the Management of the team.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:00 pm

smokieonefour wrote:If Ryan leaves and they do take a 4th car ... then I'm gonna be #### off at them.... and it's not the first time and probably won't be the last. If that ever happens ... then I'll have to put SHR in the Coors beer "box." Love the company Coors... but don't like the beer. Here... I'll love the driver ( Tony ) but not like the Management of the team.

AMEN!

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:13 pm

Smoke14TS wrote:Tony Stewart, Kevin Harvick, and Kurt Busch? Now that is a helluva race team...if they can keep from killing one another. I hope this comes together.

Get the sense that Gene wasn't interested in continuing to fund Ryan out of his company pocket anymore but would be interested in funding Kurt. Based on what Kurt's been able to do with FRR and what he was able to do at Roush when he didn't have his head stuck up his butt, seems a good investment if he can keep his head on straight.

^^^^...this. The fact that Hass Automation(as I've heard) would be the full sponsor makes me believe that it's more Gene than Tony here. Hass sponsorship money is GENE'S ONLY to do with as he pleases, so why wasn't this offer made to Ryan? Ryan fans need to put aside their emotions and think about it rationally before all the "Tony's the devil" B.S. ... ;)
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

racegrrl

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:47 pm

Haas made the offer. Tony was not told beforehand.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:54 pm

all i see SHR added was a driver who complains and has 4 wins more than ryan, not much of a upgrade there, not to mention the dumbest nickname in the the sport " closer" use that means someone who is dominant at his or her sport, and then ya got kurt, i dont need to say anything, just this idiot says it for himself,

i do resent tony for the newman thing, im glad he didnt resign ryan
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Smoke_14

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:56 pm

Any evidence to Tony not knowing of the deal. It may not have been Tony's idea but I highly doubt Gene would hire a driver without at least Tony knowing about it.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:02 pm

Smoke_14 wrote:Any evidence to Tony not knowing of the deal. It may not have been Tony's idea but I highly doubt Gene would hire a driver without at least Tony knowing about it.

It is silly for anyone to even insinuate that. Gene may not have a sterling history - remember, that All-Star race victory was his first time back at the track after getting out of prison, Joe Custer actually handled the whole arrangement with Tony in 2008 - but he wouldn't make a decision like that without his co-owner knowing it.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
PreviousNext

Return to Tony