FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kurt Busch to SHR

<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:03 am

Re: Kurt Busch to SHR

michaeljohn wrote:people wanna knock newman and his talent, go for it, now SHR will be known as crybaby city and well newman has class to be part of that

I wasn't knockin' Newman OR his talent.....I was just saying that if he and Borland go as a package, wherever they land will be better off with all of their collective knowledge and understanding of how stuff works in the chassis. PERSONALLY....I HATE the decision to keep "Sparkle Pony" but do understand the philosophy in it since its ALL ABOUT MONEY now instead of dedication and respect of LOYALTY. EVERY sport has come to that anymore and I simply can't stand it but what is a person gonna do???? Just makes me SICK that the marketing world AS A WHOLE is SOOOOOOO wrapped up in IMAGE that TALENT has taken a 3rd or 4th row seat in the last 10 or so years. :roll: :shock: 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:56 am

i did not say you, i said "people." and they know who they are, they been knocking him ever since they found out, thinking harvick will be the savior for SHR, he isnt that great, now those people will fall in love with kurt, i never seen some people blindly follow a driver and can only have an opinion based on what tony said or does, im sure i will hit a nerve with that statement, and they know who they are, but thats what im here for :D
<<

Smoke_14

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:39 am

I'm ok with Kurt coming over to SHR. I don't like his personality but I never once knocked his ability. I think Harvick is an upgrade over Newman and said so when the deal occured. And if I was running SHR and had my own $ invested in the organization, I would be doing the same thing Gene is doing. If I had to fund one ride out of my own pocket, I would much rather fund Kurt then Ryan. Just business wise a better return on your investment when it comes to performance. I think Ryan is a good driver, but never a championship contender. Can't say the same for Harvick and Kurt. I'm just looking forward to 2015 when Danica is no longer around and SHR would hopefully consist of Smoke, Happy and Kurt. That is one #### of a team.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:02 am

The Elf?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :!: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bend over, Ryan... you're about to REALLY get screwed if this is true. :x :x

I like Tony the driver, but I'm beginning to not like Tony the owner. :| Yes, I realize that Gene Haas still has a say in these kinds of decisions.
Last edited by HiddenHollow on Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:56 am

Tony Stewart, Kevin Harvick, and Kurt Busch? Now that is a helluva race team...if they can keep from killing one another. I hope this comes together.

Get the sense that Gene wasn't interested in continuing to fund Ryan out of his company pocket anymore but would be interested in funding Kurt. Based on what Kurt's been able to do with FRR and what he was able to do at Roush when he didn't have his head stuck up his butt, seems a good investment if he can keep his head on straight.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

TishR

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:11 am

I think this was a Gene Haas decision. If he wants to invest "his" money in him so be it. I wonder what the personalities in this equation are going to be like.

I guess we will all just have to wait and see if this deal comes about. The offer was made but who knows if it will be accepted.
Tish
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:14 am

TishR wrote:I think this was a Gene Haas decision. If he wants to invest "his" money in him so be it. I wonder what the personalities in this equation are going to be like.

I guess we will all just have to wait and see if this deal comes about. The offer was made but who knows if it will be accepted.

Even if Kurt doesn't accept the offer, it says a lot about SHR's mindset to even make the offer and I'm not liking it.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:15 am

The way Tony and Ryan have talked about still being friends and Ryan has said at the same time he wanted to be where he was wanted, leads me to believe it's a Gene vs Ryan deal.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

<<

Annalee

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:15 am

onerockindoc wrote:Is this why they are waiting to re-do the site?

I need to sit down. I think I'm going to be sick.

ME TOO!! Any more I am afraid to come on the website!! I wake up to maybe Mark Martin :( announcement to Kurt Busch :shock: .....I need to sit down!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: This is more than I can handle!?! Is this April fools....Now having collected my thoughts I bet there is a clause .........no garbage mouth!! At least I hope soo! Tony is still on pain meds.....I need to sit down again!! I need coffee........lots of it!! Maybe Irish coffee!...
"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:31 am

Annalee wrote:
onerockindoc wrote:Is this why they are waiting to re-do the site?

I need to sit down. I think I'm going to be sick.

ME TOO!! Any more I am afraid to come on the website!! I wake up to maybe Mark Martin :( announcement to Kurt Busch :shock: .....I need to sit down!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: This is more than I can handle!?! Is this April fools....Now having collected my thoughts I bet there is a clause .........no garbage mouth!! At least I hope soo! Tony is still on pain meds.....I need to sit down again!! I need coffee........lots of it!! Maybe Irish coffee!...

We can all be sick together.

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:35 am

*dispenses barf bags*

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:10 am

Smoke14TS wrote:*dispenses barf bags*

Two please.

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Jellikit

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:24 am

Make it 3.
Personally, I can't see why Kurt would want to move from his current ride to SHR. It's obvious that he has a better ride where he is at now.
He consistently has one of the fastest cars, and SHR has only shown speed at a couple venues this year.
Whatever..I'm hoping Ryan gets to go race with Clint Boyer, who I've come to just love over the last couple of years. That would be the funnest team in NASCAR imo.
Over it. :evil: :roll:
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:35 am

I hope Kurt stays where he is. BUT... that still doesn't get me past the fact that SHR made him an offer in the first place. :x

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:35 am

Kurt Busch headed to Stewart-Haas? UPDATE Busch's comments Stewart Haas Racing has submitted a formal offer to #78-Kurt Busch to drive a fourth Sprint Cup entry beginning in 2014, multiple NASCAR sources have confirmed to ESPN.com. The proposed deal would team Busch with team owner Tony Stewart, Kevin Harvick and Danica Patrick in the SHR stable. Asked for confirmation Sunday, SHR spokesman Mike Arning submitted the following statement via email: "Stewart-Haas Racing constantly strives to improve itself, and expansion is something that is often discussed. If the right opportunity presents itself, it's something the team will certainly consider." Busch was unavailable for comment Sunday night. Sources said Haas/CNC would sponsor Busch's car, should he choose to sign with SHR. Busch has performed quite well this season in the #78 Chevy from Furniture Row Racing, but team sources say FRR has yet to offer him a contract extension.(ESPN)
AND Sources tell FOXSports.com that Kurt Busch has been made a formal, multiyear offer to join Stewart-Haas Racing next season. The offer was made before Stewart's sprint-car accident on Aug. 5. Neither Stewart, who is recovering from a broken leg sustained in that sprint-car accident, nor Gene Haas was at the track this weekend. SHR competition director Greg Zipadelli, meanwhile, laughed at the notion. We still have to fill the 14, Zipadelli said. However, he did not
dispute that SHR has room to expand at its Concord, N.C., campus.(FoxSports)

UPDATE: Responding to reports that he has a formal contract offer from Stewart Haas Racing to drive a fourth Sprint Cup entry for the organization in 2014, Busch told ESPN.com that he has multiple opportunities for next season. He did not address Stewart Haas Racing specifically though he did say nothing was signed as of Monday morning. "I've received offers from multiple teams," Busch said. "This isn't a decision I'm taking lightly. I'm looking at what teams have planned long term and want to be in a place where my opinion and input is valued. I like to be involved in the
process like I have been here at Furniture Row. At the same time, I was hoping to not have this distraction while working with my guys to get us in the Chase."(ESPN)(8-19-2013)

I say this is a rumor........Kurt could be hoping this could come true....Zippy laughing, leads me to believe .....it is not so. He didn't even snicker when Harvicks news was leaked......ESPN vs FOX
SPORTS 1 news sensationalism...... Tony surrounds himself and his businesses with people he knows and trusts......
"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
PreviousNext

Return to Tony