FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

KURT BUSCH MAY BE FOURTH CAR FOR SHR

<<

4-Bud

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:12 pm

KURT BUSCH MAY BE FOURTH CAR FOR SHR

THIS IS INTERESTING IF TRUE

HTTP://MSN.FOXSPORTS.COM/NASCAR/STORY/K ... ER-STEWA...

BROOKLYN, MICH.

When Tony Stewart made the announcement last month that Ryan Newman would not be returning to Stewart-Haas Racing in 2014, he added “we are not ready to expand to a fourth team.”

Kurt Busch has been on the fast track from the start. Check out his topracing accomplishments.
Maybe that’s about to change. Sources tell FOXSports.com that Kurt Busch has been made a formal offer to join SHR next season.

While neither Stewart, who is recovering from a broken leg sustained in a sprint-car accident on Aug. 5, or Gene Haas was at the track this weekend, SHR competition director Greg Zipadelli laughed at the notion.

“We still have to fill the 14,” Zipadelli said. However, he did not dispute that SHR has room to expand at its Concord, N.C., campus. SHR already fields teams for Stewart and Danica Patrick. Kevin Harvick is replacing Newman in the No. 4 Chevy next year with Budweiser as his primary sponsor.

Busch has enjoyed a solid year in the No. 78 Furniture Row Chevy but has not received an offer for a renewal since the start of the season.

Busch won the 2004 Sprint Cup title with Roush Fenway Racing. Two years later he moved to Penske Racing, where he qualified for the Chase in four of his six seasons. After a mutual parting, he drove for James Finch in 2012 until the final six races of the season when Busch joined Furniture Row.

In 13 Cup seasons, Busch has amassed 24 career wins. He is currently ninth in the point standings with three races to decide the Chase for the Sprint Cup.

With the news that Juan Pablo Montoya was vacating the No. 42 at season’s end, Busch name was also mentioned as a possible candidate at Earnhardt Ganassi Racing. That’s when the topic arose of his future plans.

On Saturday, Busch told FOXSports.com that he “still has time” before making any decision about 2014.

“There are unique opportunities and none of them have made a timeline on anything,” Busch said on Saturday. “So, I can be patient moving forward.

“We have a solid team (Furniture Row) here. Barney Visser (team owner) has invested in it over the years. He’s going into his eighth season at a rate that is comparable to top teams. With it not having the full marketing machine behind it and other subsidiaries, it doesn’t compare to a big, top team in some areas. I’m just worried about how fast the car is when it hits the track and what it’s handling like at Lap 30 of a run. That’s where this has been such a unique situation – and right now we’re posting results.”
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:47 am

Re: KURT BUSCH MAY BE FOURTH CAR FOR SHR

MY GOD I hope this isn't true :!: :shock: If SHR is looking to add a 4th team for 2014 and they let Ryan go, then Ryan really got screwed by his "friend."

Kurt Busch headed to Stewart-Haas? Stewart Haas Racing has submitted a formal offer to #78-Kurt Busch to drive a fourth Sprint Cup entry beginning in 2014, multiple NASCAR sources have confirmed to ESPN.com. The proposed deal would team Busch with team owner Tony Stewart, Kevin Harvick and Danica Patrick in the SHR stable. Asked for confirmation Sunday, SHR spokesman Mike Arning submitted the following statement via email: "Stewart-Haas Racing constantly strives to improve itself, and expansion is something that is often discussed. If the right opportunity presents itself, it's something the team will certainly consider." Busch was unavailable for comment Sunday night. Sources said Haas/CNC would sponsor Busch's car, should he choose to sign with SHR. Busch has performed quite well this season in the #78 Chevy from Furniture Row Racing, but team sources say FRR has yet to offer him a contract extension.(ESPN)(8-19-2013)

From Jayski :arrow: http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20130819a
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:51 am

this goes for anybody in the sport, when they start to over use the word friend as both sides were a couple weeks ago, something tells me they may not have been friendly, i could be wrong....... but i said to myself, "you tryin to convince me or yourselves that you are friends?"
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:58 am

I guess this supports the practice of not mixing friendship with business. :(

Or borrowing money from your relatives. ;)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:00 am

HiddenHollow wrote:MY GOD I hope this isn't true :!: :shock: If SHR is looking to add a 4th team for 2014 and they let Ryan go, then Ryan really got screwed by his "friend."

The 39 car hasn't said "Stewart" on the side in a good portion of his races for the team. It has said Haas. Don't be so sure it's Tony that is "screwing" him. If Gene doesn't want to back Ryan any longer but would back Kurt, that's his own prerogative.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:12 am

Smoke14TS wrote:
HiddenHollow wrote:MY GOD I hope this isn't true :!: :shock: If SHR is looking to add a 4th team for 2014 and they let Ryan go, then Ryan really got screwed by his "friend."

The 39 car hasn't said "Stewart" on the side in a good portion of his races for the team. It has said Haas. Don't be so sure it's Tony that is "screwing" him. If Gene doesn't want to back Ryan any longer but would back Kurt, that's his own prerogative.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall... I sure would like to know who/which SHR powers-to-be are making these decisions.

I understand that SHR is making business decisions and I am an emotional fan. Our choices won't always mesh. I've never been a fan of what's-her-name but decided to ignore her as much as possible rather than continuing to make negative comments. I liked the idea of bringing Kevin over, but was sad to see them release Ryan rather than build a 4th team. SHR said they weren't in a position to start a 4th team. OK, then, 3 teams. Now this rumor/story starts about adding the Elf as a 4th team and I'm thinking, wait...what? :shock:

That would be 2 drivers, half the SHR stable, that I would have to try to ignore?!? Not sure I can do that. :|

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:17 am

HiddenHollow wrote:
Smoke14TS wrote:
HiddenHollow wrote:
That would be 2 drivers, half the SHR stable, that I would have to try to ignore?!? Not sure I can do that. :|

Ignoring 2/3rds of the team has been easy for me this year, you can handle half. :P
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:20 am

I'm not so sure, but I'll give you credit for sticking it out. :D

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:54 am

to think tony had no idea about this is a lame excuse, that or he is a moron, he knows whats going on and has major influence on what goes on
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:47 am

Since this has been "silly season" most of the season I wouldn't believe one thing ESPN.com would have to say. Tony wouldn't let an irritating bunch be the first ones to know this kind of information. He is not fond of ESPN period. This is the problem with todays kind of news. Start a rumor and half the people will believe it. It's a nasty way of continuing a grudge ESPN has. I can't believe Gene Haas would sabatage the team either. He gave Tony half the team to make it to the top which Tony has done and the championship came in just 2 years. If I'm completely wrong I'll take a bite out of those big ole cowboy hats the young guys wear.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:50 am

ndunn wrote:Since this has been "silly season" most of the season I wouldn't believe one thing ESPN.com would have to say. Tony wouldn't let an irritating bunch be the first ones to know this kind of information. He is not fond of ESPN period. This is the problem with todays kind of news. Start a rumor and half the people will believe it. It's a nasty way of continuing a grudge ESPN has. I can't believe Gene Haas would sabatage the team either. He gave Tony half the team to make it to the top which Tony has done and the championship came in just 2 years. If I'm completely wrong I'll take a bite out of those big ole cowboy hats the young guys wear.

Fox Sports reported it first. And Tony actually likes Marty Smith anyway.

How is it sabotage if Gene brings in Kurt? Yes he is a lunatic now and then but he's also tremendously talented. If they can get along that will be a terrific three-car team.

<<

Annalee

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:02 am

Kurt Busch headed to Stewart-Haas? UPDATE Busch's comments Stewart Haas Racing has submitted a formal offer to #78-Kurt Busch to drive a fourth Sprint Cup entry beginning in 2014, multiple NASCAR sources have confirmed to ESPN.com. The proposed deal would team Busch with team owner Tony Stewart, Kevin Harvick and Danica Patrick in the SHR stable. Asked for confirmation Sunday, SHR spokesman Mike Arning submitted the following statement via email: "Stewart-Haas Racing constantly strives to improve itself, and expansion is something that is often discussed. If the right opportunity presents itself, it's something the team will certainly consider." Busch was unavailable for comment Sunday night. Sources said Haas/CNC would sponsor Busch's car, should he choose to sign with SHR. Busch has performed quite well this season in the #78 Chevy from Furniture Row Racing, but team sources say FRR has yet to offer him a contract extension.(ESPN)
AND Sources tell FOXSports.com that Kurt Busch has been made a formal, multiyear offer to join Stewart-Haas Racing next season. The offer was made before Stewart's sprint-car accident on Aug. 5. Neither Stewart, who is recovering from a broken leg sustained in that sprint-car accident, nor Gene Haas was at the track this weekend. SHR competition director Greg Zipadelli, meanwhile, laughed at the notion. We still have to fill the 14, Zipadelli said. However, he did not dispute that SHR has room to expand at its Concord, N.C., campus.(FoxSports)
UPDATE: Responding to reports that he has a formal contract offer from Stewart Haas Racing to drive a fourth Sprint Cup entry for the organization in 2014, Busch told ESPN.com that he has multiple opportunities for next season. He did not address Stewart Haas Racing specifically though he did say nothing was signed as of Monday morning. "I've received offers from multiple teams," Busch said. "This isn't a decision I'm taking lightly. I'm looking at what teams have planned long term and want to be in a place where my opinion and input is valued. I like to be involved in the
process like I have been here at Furniture Row. At the same time, I was hoping to not have this
distraction while working with my guys to get us in the Chase."(ESPN)(8-19-2013)

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched!............. :roll: This could be Kurt fishing, with out a pole..

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:59 pm

I'll be watching RaceHub today at 4:30pm on FS1 to see if they have any new info on this.

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:26 pm

This is all making my head spin...I have no comment at this time.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:41 pm

its gonna get worse doc if the story is true.......SHR will be negative energy, kurt has done nothing in years, except belittle ccs and pit crews, no class what so ever....
Next

Return to The Lobby