FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kurt Busch to SHR

<<

Smoke_14

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:07 pm

Kurt Busch to SHR

People on twitter stating that sources at Fox Sports have reported that SHR has made an offer to Kurt Busch for 2014 expanding the operation to 4 cars.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

kevinmboots77

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:41 pm

Re: Kurt Busch to SHR

That would be a slap to Newman's face.
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it."-Voltaire
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so as well." Voltaire
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:47 pm

Maybe Kurt has sponsorship he could bring. Monster Energy perhaps.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

housesandhogans

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:53 pm

kevinmboots77 wrote:That would be a slap to Newman's face.

That's what I said when I heard. And would mean that Tony came right out and lied at the press conference when it was announced that they were not extending Ryan's contract. They can certainly do what they want - but why not tell the truth? Say they didn't extend Ryan's contract and they have made an offer to someone else? Why lie and say they are not ready for a 4th team? This is one I'll believe when it is officially announced, not before.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:55 pm

Stewart-Haas statement on @CandiceSpencer report that team has made formal offer to Kurt Busch for 2014: "Stewart-Haas Racing constantly strives to improve itself, and expansion is something that is often discussed. If the right opportunity presents itself, it's something the team will certainly consider."
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

<<

HTower

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:01 pm

I saw someone on twitter post pictures of Obama's lovechild with Megan Fox. :)
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:07 pm

I'd trust Lee Spencer as far as I could throw her but Marty Smith (best in the business) says it's accurate, at least that they have made an offer.

There has to be some major cash in this somewhere. I can't see them bringing Kurt in if it would be for the same patchwork-style sponsorship they have had to use to fund Newman the last five years. Monster could probably work even with Bud being on Kevin's car, since Earnhardt Jr. had his development team with Jeremy McGrath driving and Monster as the sponsor when he was driving the Bud car in Cup.

<<

Rachael J

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:12 pm

:shock: Oh no!!! :x
<<

Paige31460

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:17 pm

I saw this. I think Kurt probably does bring a little sponsorship with Monster (one of my favorite paint schemes in the Nationwide series BTW). Also saw that Haas Automations would also be on the car. We'll see.

I feel bad for Ryan but my brother (who's very into the whole NASCAR silly season talk) says that Ryan is the hottest free agent in the series and he'll land somewhere.

That would be quite an interesting group with Tony, Kevin, Danica, and Kurt.
Racing Super Fan

Favorite Drivers: Tony Stewart, A.J. Allmendinger, Kyle Busch, Kurt Busch, Helio Castroneves, Simon Pagenaud, Ozz Negri, John Pew, Jenson Button, Kimi Raikkonen
Favorite Teams: Stewart-Haas Racing, Michael Shank Racing, Joe Gibbs Racing
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:30 pm

Is this why they are waiting to re-do the site?

I need to sit down. I think I'm going to be sick.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:49 pm

<<

housesandhogans

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:17 am

On one of the Twitter feeds I read that someone said that Gene Haas made this decision. I don't know if its true, but I wonder if now that Tony is down, Haas is going to try and run things. Zippy did say in his press pass interview on Friday that "our" side (Tony's) and Gene Haas's side had been having talks. He said that it was good. But he really did make it sound like they never talked to Gene Haas's people much before. If its true (and right now I'm just thinking out loud), I wonder what Tony will think if Haas tries to tell him what he can and can't do and that Haas is going to try and run it now. Maybe the lack of sponsors has Haas tired of having to spend his own money. Guess I couldn't blame him for that.
<<

Taskforce14

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:32 am

This really doesn't surprise me. Busch is a great talent. Newman hasn't done much over the last several years. This isn't a slap in the face to Newman, it's business. I don't understand why so many people are taking it so personal. In cases like this, I think it's better that conversations between Ryan and SHR remain private. We don't need to know why he was let go and I doubt Ryan wants the world to know why. If I was given the opportunity to choose between Newman and Busch based on driving talent I would pick Busch. Now personality wise, would be a different story.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:17 am

I kinda like it....... People bust on Kurt for his attitude problems, point taken. If you think about it, some of his antics have been ALOT less severe than some of the stuff the "good 'ol boys" got away with in the 70's and 80's. Personally I think he's done quite the job over the last couple o' seasons. I hope he can bring a DEDICATED sponsor to the stable. I hate it for Newman especially since alot of the last three seasons fell on the pit crew and their lack of whatever it was. Now that MB is back downstairs, things look pretty good. That being said, if the package deal (Newman + Borland) does come to fruition, given their recent successes, it may mean REALLY BIG things for wherever they land.
.......REMEMBER, KNOWLEDGE is POWER. 8-) 2 degrees in mechanical engineering with fresh teammates and a different focus may just push their new team to an unexpected level 8-) 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:33 am

people wanna knock newman and his talent, go for it, now SHR will be known as crybaby city and well newman has class to be part of that
I will miss you Frehley........
Next

Return to Tony