FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hello

<<

Paige31460

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:14 pm

Hello

Not sure why I didn't join sooner but I'm here now.

To start off, my name is Paige and I'm from Texas. I'm 21 years old and a student at a local university (it's close enough that I'm a commuter student) I'm currently a senior working on a Communications degree with an emphasis in journalism.

I grew up watching NASCAR and still do but not at the level I used to. Actually haven't watched a ton since the Chase races in 2011 (still beam when I think of Tony's championship run).

In the last several years, I've been watching a lot of INDYCAR and Grand-Am (and will be following United Sportscar Racing) and I'll try and catch a little Formula 1 from time to time (I just can't get up early on any days except Christmas morning and the Sunday of the Rolex 24 weekend)

In NASCAR, I'm a Tony fan through it all. I started cheering for him in 2005. Before that, I wasn't the biggest fan but then something clicked and I was a Tony girl. He's edgy. He's not all clean-cut like some of the others. He speaks his mind. Plus, I think he's good looking.

I also love Kurt and Kyle Busch. I've recently grown to love them. I know not everyone likes them but they can drive.

In INDYCAR, my heart is with Helio Castroneves and Simon Pagenaud. Helio's been my #1 guy since 2008. I just love him. My feelings about Simon are similar. He's going to one day be my #1 when Helio retires (which I hope is a LONG way off).

In F1, I love Jenson Button (he's the only reason my mom's even interested in the series) and Kimi Raikkonen. I've liked Jenson for a long time. His world title in '09 was awesome. Not to mention he's cute. I like Kimi because he's nothing like his fellow world champions (even Jenson).

In Grand-Am, I am a Michael Shank Racing girl always. Absolutely love this little team. I love all of the drivers but I have a special place in my heart for Ozz Negri and his co-driver John Pew.

Looking forward to being on the SHR forums and chatting about racing.
Racing Super Fan

Favorite Drivers: Tony Stewart, A.J. Allmendinger, Kyle Busch, Kurt Busch, Helio Castroneves, Simon Pagenaud, Ozz Negri, John Pew, Jenson Button, Kimi Raikkonen
Favorite Teams: Stewart-Haas Racing, Michael Shank Racing, Joe Gibbs Racing
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:05 pm

Re: Hello

Paige, welcome. I'm a Texas girl, in Houston. Us Texas girls have to stick together!! If you're a Texas girl. And a Smoke fan then you are OK in my book.

I love me some Kyle Busch but Kurt is not one of my faves.

I hope you'll jump right in....
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley

Return to Introduce Yourself