FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New SHR site coming soon!

<<

animink1

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:20 am

New SHR site coming soon!

Hi everyone! Great News, we are launching the new SHR website on Friday, August 23rd. The entire site will be down for the majority of the day on Thursday, August 22nd. VIP Garage login points will not count for that day. Points will resume the following day!
<<

HTower

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:36 pm

Re: New SHR site coming soon!

What new features can we expect? Will we be getting a Harvick forum already? How about a SHR forum for communications from SHR to fans?
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:46 pm

Not sure if I should be excited or worried. :|
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:05 pm

Think they will drop some of us...notice it does not say update or upgrade, it says new site. :shock:
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:27 pm

Lets hope they can keep things in working order. Annalee and I would like the race points they have failed to give us over the season. I won't get too fired up about anything new until I see it. Strange time of year to change the site. If they have the problems this one cost we'll probably have about 6 people posting. Maybe just maybe I'll beable to use the PM system or a few other things I'm missing. One gets what they pay for.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:38 pm

ndunn wrote:Lets hope they can keep things in working order. Annalee and I would like the race points they have failed to give us over the season. I won't get too fired up about anything new until I see it. Strange time of year to change the site. If they have the problems this one cost we'll probably have about 6 people posting. Maybe just maybe I'll be able to use the PM system or a few other things I'm missing. One gets what they pay for.

I was thinking the same thing - mid-season. :?
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:41 pm

NDunn, I know they started the website just for us and all the points we have lost!! :lol: :lol: :lol: but I have hope maybe some things will change.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:10 am

Something else has occurred to me when looking at this site. Take a look at the Topics...Introduce Yourself, Tony, Ryan, Danica, NASCAR & Racing, The Lobby, ect... when you look at all the threads on each topic and then how many pages it stacks up to, then how many pages are on some of these threads...we are talking about some serious server space.

This could be causing some of the issues on lots of levels from overall website error problems to individual member problems with their personal accounts. By starting from scratch and deleting some of the older threads, if they do, it could create some server space. Of course they could be going with a total different type of software and depending on the type depends on how much memory is needed and used.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Jellikit

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:20 am

beaverpond wrote:Something else has occurred to me when looking at this site. Take a look at the Topics...Introduce Yourself, Tony, Ryan, Danica, NASCAR & Racing, The Lobby, ect... when you look at all the threads on each topic and then how many pages it stacks up to, then how many pages are on some of these threads...we are talking about some serious server space.

This could be causing some of the issues on lots of levels from overall website error problems to individual member problems with their personal accounts. By starting from scratch and deleting some of the older threads, if they do, it could create some server space. Of course they could be going with a total different type of software and depending on the type depends on how much memory is needed and used.

Good point beave. Part of the problem of space is simply due to the fact that they don't have a moderator here. As a former one, I have to laugh at how many duplicate threads there are. Many people start one on the same subject, rather than look for one on their subject that already may exist, and then add to that one. You couple that with how many posts there are "derailing" threads, and it's probably very true that they are running out of space. (Derailing is posting a comment that really doesn't relate to the Original Poster's.)
As conscientious contributors to a forum, people really should stay on the OP's subject, and make sure that there isn't a thread already started on something you wish to talk about. It's not only good for conserving space, but it is also considerate to others. If you use the "view unread posts" link-option from the Board Index (you should if you don't...it saves major time), you'll cut down your searches and reading time if people follow these steps of not duplicating threads and not derailing. It's a win-win. Both for the site, and for all of us. ;)

Return to VIP Garage Gang News