FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kvapil not happy with Patrick after accident

<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:22 am

Kvapil not happy with Patrick after accident

Just when it looked like #10-Danica Patrick had figured out NASCAR's big superspeedways, she was involved in another wreck at Pocono Raceway. Patrick was running 18th and racing #93-Travis Kvapil when she appeared to get loose and drift into Kvapil's car on Lap 110. Patrick said she simply got loose and lost control of her car. This wasn't the first time Patrick and Kvapil have gotten together on the track as she took the blame for a wreck at New Hampshire last month. Patrick grimaced and nodded her head in agreement when asked if she and Kvapil seemed to be having a lot of contact on the track. Kvapil was obviously frustrated. "I'm done just getting run over and wrecked and racing her clean," Kvapil said. "I don't know. It's pretty frustrating. She's one of the best cars out there. We're a middle-of-the-pack car running in the top 20 and get wrecked again. It is just really frustrating. & When you're in vulnerable situations, you have to guard yourself and take care of your stuff. She is a rookie and you've got to learn that, but that's a couple of weeks in a row for me." Kvapil said he felt he deserved an apology after New Hampshire and never got one. He expects one after Pocono.(Sporting News)(8-5-2013)
<<

kim92164

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:07 am

Re: Kvapil not happy with Patrick after accident

Some times old habits are hard to break.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:14 am

i think if she stayed in NW for another full year, that could have helped her.........
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:37 pm

Can't believe I'm saying this but she did just get loose, happens to everyone. It ruined her day too but she does owe him an apology. She was running pretty good but so was he with lesser equipment. I think that was part of his point. What seemed strange to me was that she needed a hug from the tuna. Really? You wanted to be in this sport so don't go running to your crew chief for a frigging hug. I too think another year in NW would have benefited her but like with Joey, everyone else knows best.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:03 pm

yes i do know best, thank you for noticing :P
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:07 pm

Rochelle wrote:Can't believe I'm saying this but she did just get loose, happens to everyone. It ruined her day too but she does owe him an apology. She was running pretty good but so was he with lesser equipment. I think that was part of his point. What seemed strange to me was that she needed a hug from the tuna. Really? You wanted to be in this sport so don't go running to your crew chief for a frigging hug. I too think another year in NW would have benefited her but like with Joey, everyone else knows best.

I think it was more TG kissing up trying to keep a job, not her looking for a hug. Now I don't think she will ever be a good Stock car driver, but I also think we will never know as long as TG stays her CC.
Ryan says she isn't the hugging type LOL.
TG just wants to show the boss how much he cares & please don't fire me. I don't think she wanted the hug.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:47 pm

I'm sure Kvapil isn't the only one or the last,just ask the mayor! ;)
<<

futura64

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:58 am

No need for her to apologize to anyone. She had the inside line on him, trying to make a clean pass. It was obvious he kept pinching, pinching, pinching her down till he got enough air off her spoiler to make her loose. He knows what he did.
BudmaninTx
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:14 pm

she did have some flashes of good laps, i personally didnt see the crash, thats why i never commented on it
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:48 pm

Why the long face mj... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:07 pm

She was doing good for her. She was running in the top 20 (think she was 18th at time of wreck) but she just lost it under Kvapil. He wasn't pinching her down she had room. She just looped it. I think Kvapil has a reason to be upset. Not so much because of this particular incident, but because he & her have wrecked with each other so much this year. Kinda like Kahne & Kyle. I would expect her to call & say sorry. Don't think she drove in any harder than she had been. I believe she is correct about that. But they did just loosen up her car for that run because she said she had been running tight. Don't take much for these cars to step over the edge of grip & no grip. (especially when passing)
I think it was cool that she wasn't just riding around (like Petty says she does) & was actually trying to improve her spots. On a track that is hard to pass.
ImageImageImage

Return to Danica