FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can we talk?

<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:24 pm

Can we talk?

Seriously.

This Danica part of the forum is and has gotten out of hand. So much so... that I'm forced to agree with Racer1 when he says "

How bout this add--"come visit the SHR site and see our merchandise and btw you get to look in on our nasty forum to see all those trashing our own drivers, CC and personnel and others". Yeh that'll attract more fans & sales--when pigs fly.

Folks... I hate to say this ... but I think he is dead on right. Now I'm not trying to imply that there are limits on speech here ... but really... the Danica bashing is getting so old it now needs a cane. The fighting is ridiculous & childish.... and B O R I N G.

MW - When you used this same bully mentality on Allison from NY, last July ... I showed it to a few of my active marine friends. Their reply was "If he starts this nonsense again, tell the woman to call a REAL Marine and he will come to her aid... and when he acts this way, tell him to not mention that he's a marine as his actions & words disgrace the branch." THEIR words - not mine... and yet here you are, another year later, trying to bully Racer. It's ugly and people see it. Please stop it. You have EVERY RIGHT to continue it ... I'm just asking you to look at your words and see what they are showing people about you. Many do not know your surpurb sense of witty humor. They do not know you have a heart as big as Texas. They do not know that you ARE a good man. They see your bully BS and think...well.... I'll leave that blank for now. Please show the readers that you are a better man, than you are a bully.

To The Jokesters - Y'all know who you are. You stir the pot and peoples emotions. Not cool by now. Stirring the Danica posts is older than 'needs a cane' and is in an old folks home by now. Once again... not implying that anyone can't say anything ... just please give some of us a break every now and then ? ? ? Please ?

Racer - you have a lot of intelligence... don't blow it by acting superior. Say what you will about how you feel about your self ... but whenever anyone has to tell others how much smarter they are than the rest ... there's a person who does not believe in himself. Kindness, forgiveness, tolerance & wiggle room will bring you closer to believing in yourself. This site needs your perspective and information - not your hate-spewing & condescending attitude. "I" HEAR you... I really, really do ... but a lot of your messages get lost in hate... and that's what the readers will remember. Not your intelligent point... but your nasty way of expressing it. You too, need to look back at your words and "see" what they are showing us about you.

Before any of you ask or say it... yes, I have a million faults too.... but A) I try to learn from mine and not repeat them ... and 2) I am not the one ruining a post, either with hate, bully or jokes in bad taste.

I know that I have asked on more than one occasion.... "Yuk, yuk, yuk... that was funny... but please... give us fans a little place where we don't have to feel so defensive all the time." A lot of folks on here do not know or understand the "dynamics" of a group of us oldies who like to pop on each other. We know who the "friendly kidders" are ... but some may not .... and take it ( joke ) the wrong way. Some members have tried to start positive Danica blogs ... only to see them broke apart by the BS around here.

Racer is right about one thing ... what DO sponsors, prospective investors ( and such ) THINK when they read this Danica part ? ? They don't know the jokers & who is kidding. They read people trashing everything about Danica, from her team to her tattoo's ... and I'm just one, old, cranky Danica fan, who is sick to death of it and am NICELY asking everyone and anyone.... please.... stop the Danica bashing on an SHR site. I'm nobody here, no stripes on my sleeves, no reason for anyone to listen to me... except I'm brave enough to stand up and say -

Enough is enough already. Danica Bashers.... PLEASE give us some respectful room. I'm not asking for me... but for the site and for yourselves, as well.

PLEASE and THANK YOU. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:33 pm

Re: Can we talk?

smokieonefour wrote:Seriously.

This Danica part of the forum is and has gotten out of hand. So much so... that I'm forced to agree with Racer1 when he says "

How bout this add--"come visit the SHR site and see our merchandise and btw you get to look in on our nasty forum to see all those trashing our own drivers, CC and personnel and others". Yeh that'll attract more fans & sales--when pigs fly.

Folks... I hate to say this ... but I think he is dead on right. Now I'm not trying to imply that there are limits on speech here ... but really... the Danica bashing is getting so old it now needs a cane. The fighting is ridiculous & childish.... and B O R I N G.

MW - When you used this same bully mentality on Allison from NY, last July ... I showed it to a few of my active marine friends. Their reply was "If he starts this nonsense again, tell the woman to call a REAL Marine and he will come to her aid... and when he acts this way, tell him to not mention that he's a marine as his actions & words disgrace the branch." THEIR words - not mine... and yet here you are, another year later, trying to bully Racer. It's ugly and people see it. Please stop it. You have EVERY RIGHT to continue it ... I'm just asking you to look at your words and see what they are showing people about you. Many do not know your surpurb sense of witty humor. They do not know you have a heart as big as Texas. They do not know that you ARE a good man. They see your bully BS and think...well.... I'll leave that blank for now. Please show the readers that you are a better man, than you are a bully.

To The Jokesters - Y'all know who you are. You stir the pot and peoples emotions. Not cool by now. Stirring the Danica posts is older than 'needs a cane' and is in an old folks home by now. Once again... not implying that anyone can't say anything ... just please give some of us a break every now and then ? ? ? Please ?

Racer - you have a lot of intelligence... don't blow it by acting superior. Say what you will about how you feel about your self ... but whenever anyone has to tell others how much smarter they are than the rest ... there's a person who does not believe in himself. Kindness, forgiveness, tolerance & wiggle room will bring you closer to believing in yourself. This site needs your perspective and information - not your hate-spewing & condescending attitude. "I" HEAR you... I really, really do ... but a lot of your messages get lost in hate... and that's what the readers will remember. Not your intelligent point... but your nasty way of expressing it. You too, need to look back at your words and "see" what they are showing us about you.

Before any of you ask or say it... yes, I have a million faults too.... but A) I try to learn from mine and not repeat them ... and 2) I am not the one ruining a post, either with hate, bully or jokes in bad taste.

I know that I have asked on more than one occasion.... "Yuk, yuk, yuk... that was funny... but please... give us fans a little place where we don't have to feel so defensive all the time." A lot of folks on here do not know or understand the "dynamics" of a group of us oldies who like to pop on each other. We know who the "friendly kidders" are ... but some may not .... and take it ( joke ) the wrong way. Some members have tried to start positive Danica blogs ... only to see them broke apart by the BS around here.

Racer is right about one thing ... what DO sponsors, prospective investors ( and such ) THINK when they read this Danica part ? ? They don't know the jokers & who is kidding. They read people trashing everything about Danica, from her team to her tattoo's ... and I'm just one, old, cranky Danica fan, who is sick to death of it and am NICELY asking everyone and anyone.... please.... stop the Danica bashing on an SHR site. I'm nobody here, no stripes on my sleeves, no reason for anyone to listen to me... except I'm brave enough to stand up and say -

Enough is enough already. Danica Bashers.... PLEASE give us some respectful room. I'm not asking for me... but for the site and for yourselves, as well.

You're entitled to your opinion too. I didn't START the bull$hit, the person you've taken up for did, I'm just playing along. As for your "active" Marine friends, I don't really care what they think. If they wanna have a l@@k at the site, tell 'em to register and have some fun. I don't need ANYONE to tell me how to act, think, speak or feel. There IS a thing called the First Amendment. 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:39 pm

so are you asking posters to not be realistic?
or
Just ignore those that aren't being realistic?

BTW when any non Danica fan has posted something nice or positive about Danica on here, it is simply ignored by Danica fans. They are only looking for the venom to respond too. Just saying.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:19 pm

how quickly people forget i was called gay and homosexual when it was known i was a JJ fan, i disagree with you smokie on this because racer makes offensive remarks to people if no one agrees with him, and if that is the game to be played, i will play, no one is aloud to say they dont like danica, if they do it hits the fan, there are times MW, doc, SCH and i may not agree but we dont take it personal, reason bein?????? we respect what each other says, even if we dont agree, its funny a member that incites people and then play victim, i think danica is a lousy driver and her interview at NH was classic, because she finally realized she is in over her head, she is only there because she is one of godaddy's sexual objects, i guess they are sayin if your a 12 year old boy, you too can be a model (built like a 12 year ol boy, kenny wallace words, not mine) and i find it funny that the danicas are in a uproar over kyles comments, but never once defended her from kenny wallace comments about looking like a boy
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:55 pm

I'm a little offended by using Marine friends opinions on MW as he is still a Marine active duty or not.
Since i am also a veteran USAF,let me let you in on a little secret,they all talk the talk in all branches of service,but not all walk it.Since i don't know your friends i can't say either way,but i do know MW and regardless of anyones opinions we walk it and we're probly alot older than them.What i'm trying to say is using active dutys opinions doesn't amount to much more than anyone elses here.
The way i see it,milatary has nothing to do with the crap shelled out that was returned the same way.Most people i believe treat those the way they'd like to be treated until they prove differant and it comes back on them.The case i see here is exactly that,so i side with all the above comments here.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:35 pm

wolfgang wrote:I'm a little offended by using Marine friends opinions on MW as he is still a Marine active duty or not.
Since i am also a veteran USAF,let me let you in on a little secret,they all talk the talk in all branches of service,but not all walk it.Since i don't know your friends i can't say either way,but i do know MW and regardless of anyones opinions we walk it and we're probly alot older than them.What i'm trying to say is using active dutys opinions doesn't amount to much more than anyone elses here.
The way i see it,milatary has nothing to do with the crap shelled out that was returned the same way.Most people i believe treat those the way they'd like to be treated until they prove differant and it comes back on them.The case i see here is exactly that,so i side with all the above comments here.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 8-) 8-) 8-) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lemme just add a little to this too since it is my 1st Amendment right.......The Marine Corps NOW is QUITE a bit different than it was 30 yrs ago. Back in MY day, we were UNAFRAID to speak our minds AND were ACTUALLY encouraged to do so. Back then the world wasn't so SICKENINGLY "politically correct". As far as I'M concerned, that "phrase"........"POLITICALLY CORRECT" has turned the GREATEST country IN THE WORLD into a bunch of SOFT, SPINELESS, namby-pamby wussies. I'll NEVER and I mean NEVER stand down on my opinion on ANYTHING. If that's a bit too harsh, OOOPS,
sorry.......There is a "FOE LIST".....put me on it. 8-) 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:43 pm

Since I have found another soap box and have the same first amendment right as everyone else I think I'll use it. I've figured out who is kidding and who is bullying. I don't agree with everything posted here but hey that's my thing. Also I'm not a big fan of polically correct as I remember a line said in a movie that was as follows "a person who is politically correct all the time doesn't have an opinion of their own and doesn't think much." That is powerful as it takes alot of thinking. People don't have to be mean spirited or argue just for the sake of it. The easy part of this is try and look at the other side of something and perhaps you'll be surprised that maybe someone else can be right. Now here is where the word "opinion" comes in. It is just one word in the dictionary and it belongs to everyone. One may try to change ones mind or give a different view but it's still an opinion.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

jamo14

Post Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:15 pm

I would have to say racerone is at the top of the list in the being nasty/ personal attacks column.

racerone does it so much, that it actually gives him no merit whatsoever
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:00 pm

Smokie, love you sister but couldn't disagree with you more.

Most folks come here(and stay here, for years at a time) to have spirited discussions about racing, our favorite drivers, and those who chap out butts. We may not agree all the time but isn't it glorious that we have this forum?

Over the years we've had members who make it ugly and personal. This too shall pass. I encourage everyone here to be themselves. If you're here to cause problems I encourage you to take your pitiful existence elsewhere. Most of us are here for the long haul.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:31 pm

jamo14 wrote:I would have to say racerone is at the top of the list in the being nasty/ personal attacks column.

racerone does it so much, that it actually gives him no merit whatsoever

Hi Jamo haven't seen much of your posting. I miss your humor. Hope you and the family are doing fine.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:31 pm

Not that anyone asked for it, but here's my 5 cents (inflation)...

Discussing what Danica does and doesn't do is something we all have a right to do. The line that's crossed here in almost every post is personal attacks, mostly by racer1 and futura, when he bothers to show up. What shows their mettle is that they cannot contribute anything that doesn't include personal attacks. I have never once seen either one of them take the high road and to me that means they are morally lacking. They could be a genius and that would mean diddly squat because of the venom they spew. All that venom negates everything they say.

Another point is that the Danica bashers, or whatever you want to label them are on every site that I've ever seen that says anything about her. And I'm sorry, but I do not believe any of the SHR sponsors bother to visit this site. This is a fan site and all they care about is what happens on the tracks and how much their advertising is bringing in. Besides, if GoDaddy was listening to us here, she'd be kicked to the curb.

Something that I truly laughed about was the radio communications regarding Danica from other drivers in the last few weeks. I think that speaks volumes...

That's all I have to say and I don't give a rat's butt what anyone thinks about it.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:04 pm

rochelle your a L7 weenie :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :P :P
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:18 am

Would I be offended if I knew what that meant??? :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:21 am

smokieonefour wrote:Seriously.

I'm wit' Smokie...in MY own way. I've had a few, very few...convo's with Racer and haven't had an issue. But, then again... I'm not a Danica H8ER...so, there's no inherent bias...and no problem. I was gonna' post a POV on Danicas performance...as relates to the team, but...I figured...WTF's the point? It'll be just another "bone of contention"...so why bother? To what end..." I ask myself before I post(pretty much) anything at this point on here...even if I think it's a valid and unbiased opinion. That's why I have(possibly) the lowest post count of the "day one(rs)"...what's the point...at this point????
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:30 pm

Sorry but Danica bashers or doubters or whatever you want to call us have as much right to this site as anyone else. Just accept it or move on. Like you, we're not about to change who we are and shouldn't be expected to. Get over it, there's more to life than this petty crap that keeps going back and forth. You can say what you want but so can we. You can say she's the second coming but we can say she isn't. I'm sure that there's some driver out there that has inspired someone at one time or another. Good for all of them. I'm just sorry that she's the rallying point for the young women out there. She never earned her right to be in the Cup series but I'll applaud any young woman out there that earns her way up without selling herself. And sorry, but there's a word for women who do that.

We all think we're right so please try to accept the reality of that. No one is going to win here so if you can't move on, you've lost one of the most important lessons of life.
Next

Return to Danica