FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

McDonalds / Monopoly Game

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:56 pm

McDonalds / Monopoly Game

It's back again, it started yesterday & will run thru Aug 12th (or while supplies last).

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/home.html

Bought 3 med. Cokes (contains 2 game pieces each cup)
2 large fries (contains 4 game pieces per box)
10 piece McNuggets (contains 2 game pieces)

Got 1 free med fry game piece
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:05 pm

Re: McDonalds / Monopoly Game

We will have to get MRS B involved with this thread as she is in management for a McD franchise here. Anything we win we have to give away because employees and their immediate family can't collect. So we usually give to the neighbors.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Mrs B

Post Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:33 am

You can get game pieces on breakfast items:

Hashbrowns
Egg McMuffins
Sausage McMuffin with Egg

For Beverages:

Medium & Large Ice Coffee
Large Smoothie & Frappe'
Iced Mocha & Iced Latte'
Medium Soda

Meals:

Large Fry
10 Nugget
Big Mc

I think there are others, but I can't remember what else it is on.
There are two ways of doing things...the wrong way and my way.

What, don't want to do it my way, there is a fine for that.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:39 pm

I am SO angry at McDonalds, from last night... please allow me, and excuse me for, venting here. :-)

It was 8 pm, Sunday night and about 85 degrees. I had to mail something and thought I'd get a vanilla cone for a buck. Watching that darn Big Brother comp of eating yogurt started the mood for ice cream! LOL

So as the clock flipped over to 8:00, I started to wait in line thru the drive thru. At 8:24, I made it to the window. 24 minutes idling for 2 cars ahead of me. 24 MINUTES IDLING!

The worst part? "Our ice cream machine is not working." So approx 10 minute wait to get person to come on the speaker .... only to find out, no ice cream. Great. Now I'm stuck in line and can't get out! Another 10 minutes to the window ... AFTER seeing them hand McFlurry's to the other 2 cars... I was HEATED!!! I asked to speak to the manager and he was a real horses behind!! Didn't care about my complaint and why was I bothering him?

Sooooooo....... I let him have it. I called him every name that means INCOMPETENT before he slammed the window shut on me. No worries tho, as I was able to slice & dice him w/enough words before he had enough. As I pulled away and looked inside... the drive-thru girl and a few other employees were smiling EAR-TO-EAR & 1 even gave me the "thumbs up" LOL

I e-mailed a complaint to McDonalds & we shall see, what comes of it.

Does anyone happen to know... is the soft serve ice cream cone .... different from the soft serve in McFlurry's? Do they come out of separate machines ? ? Thx in advance for any answers... and for letting me vent. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:46 pm

Yikes smokie. I'd be mad too waiting that long to be told no ice cream then see ice cream being served out the window in other forms.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I would assume it's the same ice cream. I guess because the ice cream isn't in the ice cream for the cone, they can't serve cones. :? :roll: Maybe afraid of giving too much ice cream on a cone by using the other machine, or the workers can't handle a bunch of flowing ice cream as I would assume a larger flow for shakes to come out.

That's where the hubby is off to tonight. The boys just had their braces adjusted & need something soft to eat. Had thick crush pizza for lunch & McDonalds tonight. Hope we don't get burnt.

By the way, cones here are 49 cents, for a limited time for the summer.

I even missed getting the $1 key chain from Wendy's for frosties. You spend $1 on this coupon key chair that allows you to get 1 free small frosty all the rest of summer long, until Aug something. I goofed & didn't get one in time, now they're not selling them no more.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:48 pm

You can go to the link I gave up above & click to see what items you purchase to get the game pieceson. The orange juice is also included I do remember
Smoke
<<

Mrs B

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:39 pm

smokieonefour wrote:Does anyone happen to know... is the soft serve ice cream cone .... different from the soft serve in McFlurry's? Do they come out of separate machines ? ? Thx in advance for any answers... and for letting me vent. :-)

Actually, they come from the same machine, from the ones I know. Sometimes the ice cream becomes very soft and makes it hard to keep it from melting... If that was the case, they should have suggested a plain sundae (ice cream in a cup) instead. (Where we live, they're a penny difference.) I don't blame you for your angered feelings for this experience. The manager didn't sound like he was acting professional.

Maybe, I oughta get my rolling pin out!!!! :x
There are two ways of doing things...the wrong way and my way.

What, don't want to do it my way, there is a fine for that.
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:07 am

smokieonefour wrote:I am SO angry at McDonalds, from last night... please allow me, and excuse me for, venting here. :-)

It was 8 pm, Sunday night and about 85 degrees. I had to mail something and thought I'd get a vanilla cone for a buck. Watching that darn Big Brother comp of eating yogurt started the mood for ice cream! LOL

So as the clock flipped over to 8:00, I started to wait in line thru the drive thru. At 8:24, I made it to the window. 24 minutes idling for 2 cars ahead of me. 24 MINUTES IDLING!

The worst part? "Our ice cream machine is not working." So approx 10 minute wait to get person to come on the speaker .... only to find out, no ice cream. Great. Now I'm stuck in line and can't get out! Another 10 minutes to the window ... AFTER seeing them hand McFlurry's to the other 2 cars... I was HEATED!!! I asked to speak to the manager and he was a real horses behind!! Didn't care about my complaint and why was I bothering him?

Sooooooo....... I let him have it. I called him every name that means INCOMPETENT before he slammed the window shut on me. No worries tho, as I was able to slice & dice him w/enough words before he had enough. As I pulled away and looked inside... the drive-thru girl and a few other employees were smiling EAR-TO-EAR & 1 even gave me the "thumbs up" LOL

I e-mailed a complaint to McDonalds & we shall see, what comes of it.

Does anyone happen to know... is the soft serve ice cream cone .... different from the soft serve in McFlurry's? Do they come out of separate machines ? ? Thx in advance for any answers... and for letting me vent. :-)

Smokieonefour I had similar customer (service?) at McDonald regarding a potato cake with a breakfast meal. It was still frozen in the little baggie. I was furious but didn't mess with the local management but called the corporate office. The person I talked to was not happy with the local service since it is a company owned place. If your not pleased with management call corporate. They'll make a phone call to your local store. Hope you have better luck than what you had.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Jellikit

Post Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:55 am

Mrs B wrote:
smokieonefour wrote:Does anyone happen to know... is the soft serve ice cream cone .... different from the soft serve in McFlurry's? Do they come out of separate machines ? ? Thx in advance for any answers... and for letting me vent. :-)

Actually, they come from the same machine, from the ones I know. Sometimes the ice cream becomes very soft and makes it hard to keep it from melting... If that was the case, they should have suggested a plain sundae (ice cream in a cup) instead. (Where we live, they're a penny difference.) I don't blame you for your angered feelings for this experience. The manager didn't sound like he was acting professional.

Maybe, I oughta get my rolling pin out!!!! :x

It depends. If the flavor of the McFlurry is the same, they can use the soft-serve machine.
The thing is, they pour a specialized milk into a vat...usually holds a few gallons or less. Most machines have 2 vats, one for choc., one for vanilla.
If they were running through these cones on a promo that had people waiting in line, there's no way they could keep up. The milk just won't freeze that fast. The issue I have with this, is that any person designing the promotion would (should) know that. To me, it sounds like a bait and switch promo. :x
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:30 pm

Between the 4 of us here, we've won 3 med. fries & one breakfast sandwich.
Smoke

Return to The Lobby