Jellikit wrote:

Thanks Jellikit, I needed a good laugh today :lol: :lol:
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:53 pm

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Friday

Now that was funny... mostly because I can relate. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:57 pm

We didn't make it over to Tampa. Don't think we will either. Only have tomorrow left, have to leave out Sunday morning for the long haul home.

BUT........I'm trying to see if I can't get the hubby to at least drive to Daytona tomorrow so we can see what it's like since we're here in Kissamee, FL. & it's a little over an hr. away. I'd at least like to say I was there, even if I don't get to see a race.

Between KY. Speedway & this Florida vacation, we're broke. 700 something on a 3 day Universal Studio's tickets for 4 people. Then $70 per person for the speed pass. If you don't have that speed pass, you might was well not be there we found out.

We can see Disney's fireworks from our front balcony.

Beaver, I have some aloe spray in a can. I can't find the stuff in the stores anymore, not even down here. I got it last year as my second year & it's by Banana Boat. I guess they aren't going to make it anymore. I love that stuff since it's not sticky as that gel rub on aloe stuff. I can find it on line though.

The best for sun burns before they blister is taking a brown paper sack or paper towels & soaking them in white vinegar. That will help take the sting out & preserve the sunburn. But you have to leave it on a long time & keep it wet. Smells bad & the fumes burns the eyes. I used it once on a bad sunburn but not like I should. It helped some, but I blistered badly that I couldn't raise my arms up. That was many many yrs ago though.

The sun screen I have is 50. Usually I have 30 in cream, but to have fast applications while here, I got the spray can & in 50. Then youngins were only out 2 hrs about & still got burnt. Was in the pool playing volleyball & such. It is supposed to be water proof too. Guess water use is limited to less time as non water use. Anyway, their sunburn is doing better with the use of that Aloe spray.
;)
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

Jellikit

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:22 pm

awsum14 wrote:
Jellikit wrote:

Thanks Jellikit, I needed a good laugh today :lol: :lol:

You and HH are welcome. ;)

Smoke14Wins wrote:We didn't make it over to Tampa. Don't think we will either. Only have tomorrow left, have to leave out Sunday morning for the long haul home.

BUT........I'm trying to see if I can't get the hubby to at least drive to Daytona tomorrow so we can see what it's like since we're here in Kissamee, FL. & it's a little over an hr. away. I'd at least like to say I was there, even if I don't get to see a race.

Between KY. Speedway & this Florida vacation, we're broke. 700 something on a 3 day Universal Studio's tickets for 4 people. Then $70 per person for the speed pass. If you don't have that speed pass, you might was well not be there we found out.

Beaver, I have some aloe spray in a can. I can't find the stuff in the stores anymore, not even down here. I got it last year as my second year & it's by Banana Boat. I guess they aren't going to make it anymore. I love that stuff since it's not sticky as that gel rub on aloe stuff. I can find it on line though.

The best for sun burns before they blister is taking a brown paper sack or paper towels & soaking them in white vinegar. That will help take the sting out & preserve the sunburn. But you have to leave it on a long time & keep it wet. Smells bad & the fumes burns the eyes. I used it once on a bad sunburn but not like I should. It helped some, but I blistered badly that I couldn't raise my arms up. That was many many yrs ago though.

The sun screen I have is 50. Usually I have 30 in cream, but to have fast applications while here, I got the spray can & in 50. Then youngins were only out 2 hrs about & still got burnt. Was in the pool playing volleyball & such. It is supposed to be water proof too. Guess water use is limited to less time as non water use. Anyway, their sunburn is doing better with the use of that Aloe spray.
;)

While living in Florida, I wouldn't even wait over 30 minutes to reapply sunscreen...especially if you're sweating or in water. Remember, when in water, you get both the direct rays and the reflected ones from either the water or the concrete walkways around pools. You just can't be too careful there.
As for burns, there was one product I always got that was blue. It had aloe and I think it was called Ice-Gel or Ice-Aloe or something like that. You put it in the fridge and it felt so good when applied. As soon as I felt any discomfort, I'd reapply it. Maybe once an hour or a little more often to begin with.
The main thing is not to stop applying whatever you use just because the sting is gone. Keep the skin somewhat moist after a burn for 72 hours at least...even if you think you're fine.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:03 am

Smoke14Wins wrote:We didn't make it over to Tampa. Don't think we will either. Only have tomorrow left, have to leave out Sunday morning for the long haul home.

;)

Glad you're enjoying your vacation. Thanks for supporting our local economy :mrgreen: and I hope it didn't rain on you too much.

Hope you get to see the speedway... before they start the major renovations and the backstretch grandstands are removed. Maybe you can find the SHR souvenir trailers and buy you a little somthing. ;) :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

awsum14

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:14 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Daytona in July

Goooood Morning SHR

SAT 7/6
American Le Mans Northeast Grand Prix, Lime Rock Park 2:45 pm ESPN3/ 3:00 pm ESPN2
SPEED Center NASCAR Edition 4:00 pm SPEED
NASCAR RaceDay, Daytona 4:30 pm SPEED
Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals, Qualifying 6:00 pm ESPN2 (delayed
Count-Down to Green 6:30 pm MRN/TNT
Sprint Cup Series Coke Zero 400 7:30 p.m. MRN/TNT
Australian V8 Supercars, Hidden Valley 8:00 pm/12:00 am SPEED
NASCAR Victory Lane, Daytona 11:00 pm SPEED

Thoughts and Prayers to All
Have a Great and Safe Day

Seeeee Ya's
Try Harder
<<

beaverpond

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:08 pm

National Fried Chicken Day

Famous Birthdays:
1747 -John Paul Jones, Revolutionary War, Father of the U.S. Navy
1923- Nancy Reagan, First lady of the United States
1925- Merv Griffin, Talk show host
1927- Janet Leigh, actress
1931- Della Reese, singer, actress
1937- Ned Beatty, actor
1945- Burt Ward, actor
1946- George W. Bush, 43rd U.S. President (2001-2009)
1946- Sylvester Stallone, actor/director

This Day in History:
In the very first All Star Baseball game, the American League wins 5-2. (1933)
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:15 am

Sigh. Sooooo close that we heard the cars going around the track as we drove past this eve :cry:
We went to Daytona Beach after a late start this morn for doing laundry so we'd have something to wear tomorrow & the next day on the way home.

The hubby was tired, so he dropped us off at the left side of the track to look at the trailers & what's to do or get free stuff. Stopped over & me & the kids made our Sunoco race day sign up & stayed there for most of the show, but left cause we needed to get to the beach.

Only thing bought was 2 round red #14 window stickers. Kids caught 2 Geico hats, 2 flashlights, & 1 Geico plastic chip clip. Got a free Daytona poster each. Bought 2 of their keep sake cups with Coke for $4.

Didn't get to see inside the track as I was wanting to do. Almost got to stay & get tickets they still had left, but we're worn out & didn't feel like getting back to our place in Kissamee at 2 or 3 in the morn.

The waves at the beach were bigger than Myrtle Beach waves. So many back to back with their curly curls. It was during the high tide & they closed the beach down from cars. I thought that was back when, really didn't think cars still drove on the beach. I wasn't ready to leave, but we were hungry & wanted a meal, not no more fast food.

But the traffic on 4 :shock: :evil: Oh my lord. There wasn't a day we didn't see 3-4 accidents where ever we went. People drive like nuts around here. I think it tops Chicago.

Well, laundry is ready for the dryer. Couldn't let the wet stuff from the beach stay wet. I gotta get. Hate to leave, but gotta take care of one of 2 teeth that needs a crown on Tues morn at 8:30 AM. What a way to start off back to the old grind. Later that day the kids start their first marching band practice.

Night.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:54 am

Smoke14Wins wrote:But the traffic on 4 :shock: :evil: Oh my lord. There wasn't a day we didn't see 3-4 accidents where ever we went. People drive like nuts around here. I think it tops Chicago.

It's all them out-of-staters. ;) :lol: :mrgreen:

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

awsum14

Post Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:01 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Sunday

Goooood Morning SHR

Top 15 for all 3 of our drivers
Good race last night. Congrats to Tony for his 2nd place and Ryan for 10th. And can't forget Princass. She did do well keeping up at the front for most of the race.

Sun 7/07
Summit Racing Equipment, NHRA Nationals 11:00 am ESPN3 (live) 7:00 pm ESPN2 (delayed)
Pocono IndyCar 400 Pre-race 12:00 pm ABC
Pocono IndyCar 400 12:30 pm ABC
Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge, Mid-Ohio 2:00 pm SPEED
Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge, Watkins Glen 4:00 pm SPEED
NASCAR Victory Lane, Daytona 8:30 pm/12:30 am SPEED

Seeeee Ya's
Try Harder
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:54 am

Jellikit wrote:

PRICELESS.......MY HUSBAND LOVED IT!!! THANKS FOR POSTING IT...... :lol: :lol:
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:10 pm

Smoke14 wins.......if this is the spray you want, you can get it on Amazon. I use this and love it.
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

awsum14

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:34 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Monday

Goooood Morning SHR

Rise and Shine, it's a beautiful Monday..Somewhere...
Was running behind earlier. Overcast at home, ran into rain on my way to Raleigh. And now it's trying to clear off and the sun may pop thru.

Mon 7/08
Nascar Race Hub 6:00 pm SPEED
NASCAR NOW 1:00 am ESPN2
Dale Jarrett

Seeeee Y's
Try Harder
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:27 pm

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Monday

We made it home today in one piece, but our suburban sustained a boo-boo outside Atlanta last night. It was dark & rainy as all get out, going down a twisty highway & all 6 of us hydroplaned in the left lane. We hit the truck in front of us, but our air bags didn't go off, so it wasn't that hard of a hit. His air bag didn't go off either. The car behind us really got messed up, he hit the concrete barrier instead of us.

The state police was there in I'd say 5-10 mins. He didn't ticket either of us because it was weather related & he had been busy all night with these kinds of accidents. He helped us get back onto the mad house highway. Looked like the Christmas Eve mad dash for the last minute sales on the highway. Boy, Florida & GA. sure gets some AWFUL traffic. The officer said it's the holiday traffic. Sure don't wanna go back to FL. during the 4th of July again!

Hubby called our insurance agent to report the info we had. Our rates won't go up since it was caused by the weather. They have an accident forgiveness like All State does. We just take it to one of their approved dealers to get the front bumper replaced. It only scratched the paint off the top & slightly dinted the guy's truck back bumper. He was nice, he understood it was an accident due to weather........was also a Dale Sr. fan.....but he didn't go to the race at Daytona.

Anyway, we get not even 2 miles on down the road & 2 others were off to the right side of the road for hydroplaning. That poor cop, he was having a LONG night.
Smoke
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby