FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Jason Leffler died

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:52 am

Re: Jason Leffler died

Charlie Dean Leffler Trust Fund has been established. From what I've read also, Jason did NOT have any life insurance.

:arrow: http://www.turnerscottmotorsports.com/n ... tablished/
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:09 pm

I'm not surprised he didn't have life insurance. I'm sure it's very expensive for dirt racers. He hasn't had a regular NASCAR gig since 2011 so he may not have had the money for it. I'm sure he was doing the best he could. They were talking about the scholarship fund on NASCAR Live just a few minutes ago. It's great to see how much he's meant to everyone.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

TishR

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:20 pm

Tony's motor coach driver (Jeff Patterson aka Gooch) also set up a way to be able to contribute on line. The money goes to the Suntrust account. Here is the link if anybody else is interested:

http://www.gofundme.com/39ujy8

PS. I hope it works.
Tish
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:54 pm

I want to thank Denny, JGR, and Fedex for running the Fedex paint scheme that Jason drove. After practices yesterday, they re-wrapped his car to that retro paint scheme. I think that's so awesome and now I wish I'd picked Denny to win...

Here's a link for more images
http://www.jayski.com/news/schemes/2013/story/_/page/2013-NASCAR-Sprint-Cup-11-Team-Schemes

Here's a link to a JGR tribute on FB. Awesome pictures
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151654672284222.1073741837.74504559221
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:50 pm

it looks sharp..... didnt he have a bad run today? i might be getting him confused with someone else
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:38 pm

Denny stunk up the show pretty good. Nice throwback paint scheme to honor a friend and fellow competitor.

When KK made reference to Leffler after his Car-B-Que, it was most heartfelt.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:48 pm

Yeah, not a good day for the 11 team but I loved the paint scheme. Listening to Kasey brought tears to my eyes once again. I don't think I've seen that much heartfelt sentiment towards another driver as I've seen this past weekend except for Dale.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:06 pm

Rochelle wrote:Yeah, not a good day for the 11 team but I loved the paint scheme. Listening to Kasey brought tears to my eyes once again. I don't think I've seen that much heartfelt sentiment towards another driver as I've seen this past weekend except for Dale.

how dare you try to brag about denny hamlin, shame on you!
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:09 pm

TishR wrote:Tony's motor coach driver (Jeff Patterson aka Gooch) also set up a way to be able to contribute on line. The money goes to the Suntrust account. Here is the link if anybody else is interested:

http://www.gofundme.com/39ujy8

PS. I hope it works.

It works...... I just used it.
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
#Support Smoke
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:28 pm

Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:59 pm

From Jayski...

Headrest may have helped Leffler: Jason Leffler would have had a better chance of surviving his fatal crash in a winged sprint car in New Jersey if he'd had a full containment headrest similar to what is used in NASCAR, multiple safety experts told ESPN.com. Racing safety pioneer Bill Simpson and Randy LaJoie, a two-time Nationwide Series champion who now designs and builds race car seats, have studied the wreck. They agree that a 180-degree surround headrest might have saved Leffler's life at the 0.625-mile dirt track. Medical examiner Dr. Fredric Hellman, who performed the autopsy, said the death resulted from a blunt-force neck injury caused by a head-whip-type motion. New Jersey State Police have not released results of their investigation, although Simpson and others who have looked into the wreck have been told by those at the track that a failed part on the front end likely caused the car to angle into the wall at a high speed. LaJoie, who once served on the New Jersey safety board, has been in contact with investigators regarding the accident. Simpson has talked to mechanics and other eyewitnesses who were at the track. Both were told that Leffler, who was wearing a head and neck restraint designed to protect on frontal impacts, did not have a headrest sufficient enough to keep his head in line with the rest of his body on a lateral impact. "He wasn't contained," [LaJoie] said. "That's why we haven't killed anyone in NASCAR, because we learned not to let the body and head move. Your head, chest and pelvis need to stay in line as close as possible."(ESPN)(6-21-2013)

Still so sad...
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:30 pm

Sad is right.

I never paid enough attention to Jason and his car to know if he used a head and neck restraint, or what type of seat he had. Information about this wreck has taught me a lot. Randy LaJ. comes to most of the Chili Bowls with his sizing seat. But he and I have only talked about the seat on my cart, and his son's racing. Next January, I will be looking at the cars with fresh eyes.

No matter how many times I hear he died doing what he loved, it isn't good enough. Thirty-seven and with a five year-old son, it was too soon.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:45 pm

I agree Nana. I always liked him even though he wasn't the best. There was just something about him that I liked. Partly because he followed his own path and was an individual, and that included the hair. Leaving a son that young just really tears at my heart, but I know that everyone one of his friends will be sure his son knows who he was, and always will be in their hearts. That's the only bit of solace I can find, but that has to be enough cause that's what's most important.

Knowing there could have been a different outcome just because of a headrest just makes it a little bit worse.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:28 am

NascarNanaOK wrote:No matter how many times I hear he died doing what he loved, it isn't good enough. Thirty-seven and with a five year-old son, it was too soon.

Couldn't agree more, Nana. The sanctioning bodies and race track operators need to do as much as possible to ensure safety for everyone at the tracks.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing