FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

is the honeymoon over?

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun May 19, 2013 7:58 pm

is the honeymoon over?

noticed she was booed by a lot of fans when announced as the fan vote. I know she still has a huge following, but by seasons end I wonder if she will start getting pressure from owners/Sponsors/Media etc... When she is still at the same point then as she is now. A lot of her fans are fans of her because she is the only woman in nascar, but it seemed true race fans (that like racing) that go to the track kinda spoke up last night.

I figured she could do no wrong for atleast 3-5 years, but now I wonder if the Honeymoon will be over sooner?
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun May 19, 2013 8:18 pm

Re: is the honeymoon over?

last nite was a joke, now of course her fans will make excuses by saying its her rookie year, but all she did last nite as ride around the back, but im sure that was tony gibsons fault, they should make a rule and that a driver can be voted in only once, just think of the guys who were tryin to race their way in and had to sit down because the princess is giving everything......

btw readying the indy boards many of them are glad she isnt at the 500, i guess they got bored with her act.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun May 19, 2013 8:21 pm

Tony's been kind of blunt in his comments during the last couple of races. As far as that honeymoon goes, it's over... That was a waste of the fan vote. At least they could have voted in Truex or someone that actually had a chance.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun May 19, 2013 8:35 pm

How dare they think i'd believe she got the fan vote,i voted onemillion times for Bobby Labonte! ;)
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun May 19, 2013 8:37 pm

michaeljohn wrote:last nite was a joke, now of course her fans will make excuses by saying its her rookie year, but all she did last nite as ride around the back, but im sure that was tony gibsons fault, they should make a rule and that a driver can be voted in only once, just think of the guys who were tryin to race their way in and had to sit down because the princess is giving everything......

btw readying the indy boards many of them are glad she isnt at the 500, i guess they got bored with her act.

Didn't Dale Jr.and Ryan Newman win it their rookie year,i mean win the race? The he!! with the fan vote! BTW MJ,Go-Daddy wins in the IRL two,Cup Zero! :mrgreen:
<<

futura64

Post Sun May 19, 2013 8:58 pm

Well, I see the two resident clueless slugs are back on here, slime trails a-gleam. That's about enough, boys.
BudmaninTx
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun May 19, 2013 9:09 pm

futura64 wrote:Well, I see the two resident clueless slugs are back on here, slime trails a-gleam. That's about enough, boys.

Whatever do you mean futura? Wishing is one thing,reality is another. ;)
<<

Jellikit

Post Sun May 19, 2013 11:50 pm

The first loud chorus of boos were actually for Smoke last night. There were cheers mixed in, but that surprised me. Then the loudest boos came...not for Kyle, not even close for Danica, but that rich spoiled kid by far gets the "POMP" award for last night..."Pizzed Off More People" :mrgreen:
Not easy to beat Rowdy in that one, but Logano did it.

Is the honeymoon over? Nah...not even close. Most people don't think she gets by on her looks, and they don't worry so much about the fact that as a rookie she hasn't developed rapidly. They want to root for a woman who may be a success eventually. You can't deprive people of this type of optimistic hope. They're mostly not die-hard fans who pour through forums and online sites where you see so much dislike spewed...cough, cough.. :mrgreen: :lol: ;) They're average Joe's and Joan's who want the woman to do well.

Of course she has serious race-fans too, and their fire is only fueled by how much hatin' they read. That negativity makes them root for her all the more. I personally am not a huge fan of Danica, but when she does well, I'm happy for her. Her attitude has changed for the better over the last couple of years, and she's trying to learn. What more could you ask for?
Life's too short...... 8-)
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun May 19, 2013 11:56 pm

futura64 wrote:Well, I see the two resident clueless slugs are back on here, slime trails a-gleam. That's about enough, boys.

you look old enuff remember the phrase "cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen." i didnt make any personal attack but didnt take you long
so if consider yourself slime too buddy
<<

racer1

Post Mon May 20, 2013 1:56 pm

" i didnt make any personal attack"

First off seeing all this crap I had to return once again to educate you no nothing garbage mouths once again. Michaeljohn, your statement above is a joke as YOU ARE a clueless garbage mouth hater who does nothing BUT attack her with your childish rants and ignorance. You have proven to be a hater and nothing else, so cut the crap and crawl back under your rock and take your garbage mouth naysayer loser buddies here with you. All you and some others here EVER do is try and discredit Danica which is a joke in itself given who she is and how popular she is and growing moreso every day.

Someone else recently said it best--" the haters are so ignorant & so few they they cant understand that they don't matter yet they keep trying in vain to get someone to notice & pay attention to them, but for the few haters, Danica has 1000's of real fans worldwide who are doing the voting & supporting her"--period. As one proof social media-- watch her twitter & facebook followers grow by thousands almost every day--says it all-- except for you obviously ignorant posters here who couldn't see the truth "if it bit you" as the saying goes. She'll pass a million twitter followers before the season is over, as she already has the most for any driver in Nascar--so guess whos helping with the voting for her--duh?

Also far as nascar, several boos were heard throughout introductions for various drivers as mentioned here & for Danica the cheers FAR out-weighed the boos, except for those trying to make something out of nothing which the naysayers are always trying to do. The announcers even commented, those doing some booing were the old school nascar fans who don't like her being voted in as favorite driver since she hasn't been there long enough yet to prove herself--that's all. Course they probably didn't want to say or admit that some of the boos also were probably dumb a-s-s redneck, chauvinistic & sexists pigs like some here in my opinion and by your own comments, who cant stand seeing a female driver far more popular then the male drivers in their "good ole boys" series. Its a fact and always will be that for some, chauvinism and sexism as mentioned is alive & well in auto racing and they cant stand that a female like Danica knows how to beat them at their own game and some will never accept that. Struggles for female drivers making it to the top in auto racing is well known as only a few have made it but none had long lasting success. Danicas value to nascar as been said is her huge popularity and what she brings in ratings and new fans and new eyes on the series which is something new and is something that NO male driver can bring--not even Dale Jr anymore.

Also I will say SHR should be ashamed with their lousy teams and lousy peformances as it shows now for 11 races and nothing to bragg about except what Danica achieved for the team in the Daytona opener, the ONLY bright spot for the entire garbage team so far--says it all don't you think? Danica is the one drawing attention to SHR and to nascar where no other driver can and that's her value in nascar as her results don't matter at this point. Facts are, she has NO chance to get better until if or when SHR as a team gets better as when the leader and champion great driver like Tony S struggles with his car setup and even Newman, what chance does Danica have to get better as Gibson has said--he doesn't know what else to do----really?

BTW--nice to see future64 back adding some education as well to the losers here although it wont help as there is no cure for stupidity, ignorance and hatred? How many good posters have you losers ran off leaving this site to be nothing more then a garbage dump for only the nasty posters left here? Oh well--enjoy your discontent and see how far or what that gets some of you as Danica is thriving and that's probably--what bothers some of you the most--LMAO-- :roll:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon May 20, 2013 2:21 pm

sluggo!
<<

Annalee

Post Mon May 20, 2013 4:59 pm

Racer 1 welcome back.....missed your posts....you kept the Danica forum lively. ;)
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon May 20, 2013 7:45 pm

I don't think I have seen so many words put together at one time, that said absolutely nothing.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon May 20, 2013 8:39 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:I don't think I have seen so many words put together at one time, that said absolutely nothing.

Why Schmoopy,you noticed? :lol: To your original post,i think long as the sponsor stays,so does Danica. ;)
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon May 20, 2013 9:12 pm

wolfgang wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:I don't think I have seen so many words put together at one time, that said absolutely nothing.

Why Schmoopy,you noticed? :lol: To your original post,i think long as the sponsor stays,so does Danica. ;)

well that is what got me thinking. She will always have her fans more Danica fans than race fans that like Danica. As it was pointed out just check her twitter, as if that has anything to do with racing. But what I started thinking about is what if the boos start to continue as the season goes on. I know she wont get to a capable level of performance. I think if sponsors start hearing the boos to much, they might reconsider who they sponsor. I am sure she is safe this year & even next year, but I am starting to wonder if she will have what I thought was a 3+ yr. do no wrong in nascar. Starting to think maybe the race fans are smarter than I gave credit for. Honestly the only thing she has going for her right now is she is the only woman in cup. Once more women went into Indy cars she knew she was done there.
Just saying the boobirds do have an affect on any sponsors.
ImageImageImage
Next

Return to Danica