FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

TONY AND HIS RACE TEAM.........

<<

Smoke_14

Post Sun May 19, 2013 8:41 am

Re: TONY AND HIS RACE TEAM.........

First off, people need to let Darian go. He isn't the answer to the problem. It's getting old around here listening to that. It's such an easy target to say, all the problems are because Darian is gone. People forget very quickly how bad the team was in 2011. Granted this year is worse, but still, Grubb isn't the solution or the reason for the bad year.

Heard Smoke was LIVID with Addington on the radio last night. Was anyone listening to the scanner and confirm?
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

TishR

Post Sun May 19, 2013 9:05 am

Yea Smoke_14 he was biting on Steve pretty good last night. It was like everything he told Steve it would just not sink in. Tony was very frustrated he could not drive the car because he didn't know how it would react and something was said and Tony came back with he wouldn't know because he has not been able to run with them all year. I have never heard Tony with such disgust in his voice.

I also agree with you about the Darian thing. In 2011 they were struggling until the chase and don't know if this is true but heard during the chase it was Tony and Ryan setting up Tony's car not Darian.
Tish
<<

Smoke_14

Post Sun May 19, 2013 10:44 am

I did also hear in 2011 that Tony was taking some things from Ryan's setups when he went on his run. Grubb to me is a good CC and I'm not trying to diminish what he did at SHR and I also think he can win at JGR (not with Denny because Denny doesn't have his head on straight to win a title), but people on here think Grubb is the magical answer like the guy is Chad Knaus or something. I would like to see Gibson CC the 14 just to see what can happen but I feel Addington isn't going to make any improvements.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun May 19, 2013 11:04 am

i know people dont like when i talk about HMS or JJ, but what does it say that the team leading in points changes half of their pit crew around to try and make them better, while whoever is in charge at SHR takes their sweet ash time in making changes......... look how many years ryan suffered with tony gibson before a move was made, personally i want to know what gibson has on stewart that he can keep a job there
<<

Smoke_14

Post Sun May 19, 2013 11:13 am

To be fair the 48's pit crew has always been the weak link, if you can call it that. The 48 team has the luxury of making changes like this because they do have such a huge lead at this point. Really now Knaus has what he has always wanted. Time and points to really play around with the car without too major of consequences.

I always heard unless things improved changes would be made by the 600. I would be shocked if the hammer didnt drop after next week at SHR.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun May 19, 2013 11:17 am

im not puttin this on her, but maybe bringing danica in as number 3 was too much because from what some people told me here to see pre occupied with her on the radio, i dont see them leaving addington go unless they have a good replacement and by that i mean zippy................ fart stretch i know...
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun May 19, 2013 12:01 pm

I've seen other teams struggle after they've added a 3rd or 4th team. Add in the differences with the gen-6 car and that equals the problems we are seeing with all the SHR teams (IMHO). Frustrating. :(
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun May 19, 2013 1:36 pm

well now everyone knows how us ryans fans felt, it wasnt our imagination or wanting something to complain about, he doesnt have the right people in place and now its affecting all 3, its like they reverted back to the old HAAS teams, and i wasnt tryin to single her out, even tho a lot of attention is focused to her
<<

housesandhogans

Post Sun May 19, 2013 9:48 pm

I haven't been as down on Addington as a lot of people have. But, after listening on yesterday's radio, I don't know, maybe he is at least part of the problem. I had heard it on some previous races, but, last night when Tony mentioned doing something, Addington comes back with : "we'll talk about it after the race". What the H is that about??? Don't talk about it............do what your driver's asking! And don't wait until after the race!!! Jeeesh!! It was after that Tony went on his lecture about not being able to keep up with the others in any race. You could just feel his frustration and it made me feel bad for him because Addington really, really didn't respond to him. I know you probably have to have some self control as a CC, but I'm starting to think Addington is too laid back. And then in the end its Tony, sounding very down and out, who is apologizing to everyone (or sort of to his pit crew) that he is not able to do one tenth what they are doing. His pit crew does seem to be one bright spot most of the time.

Did y'all here him say that "the married couple" were trying to wreck on another?? LOL
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun May 19, 2013 9:57 pm

He said they were determined to wreck one another......hysterical.

I am baffled how this car can be raced and practiced and tested and there can not be a change made that makes it drive better or faster.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun May 19, 2013 9:58 pm

housesandhogans wrote:I haven't been as down on Addington as a lot of people have. But, after listening on yesterday's radio, I don't know, maybe he is at least part of the problem. I had heard it on some previous races, but, last night when Tony mentioned doing something, Addington comes back with : "we'll talk about it after the race". What the H is that about??? Don't talk about it............do what your driver's asking! And don't wait until after the race!!! Jeeesh!! It was after that Tony went on his lecture about not being able to keep up with the others in any race. You could just feel his frustration and it made me feel bad for him because Addington really, really didn't respond to him. I know you probably have to have some self control as a CC, but I'm starting to think Addington is too laid back. And then in the end its Tony, sounding very down and out, who is apologizing to everyone (or sort of to his pit crew) that he is not able to do one tenth what they are doing. His pit crew does seem to be one bright spot most of the time.

Did y'all here him say that "the married couple" were trying to wreck on another?? LOL

I don't listen to tonys radio but I did notice during the rain delay Tony & Ryan were talking to each other about the race while Danica was over doing googly eyes at Stenhouses pits.
ImageImageImage
<<

housesandhogans

Post Sun May 19, 2013 10:03 pm

onerockindoc wrote:He said they were determined to wreck one another......hysterical.

I am baffled how this car can be raced and practiced and tested and there can not be a change made that makes it drive better or faster.

During one of the programs before the race, Larry McReynolds mentioned that he had stopped in the SHR garage. He said they had told him they were going to try some different things this race. He said he just asked them what they had been doing for the previous races this season?? He was being pretty sarcastic. But, I agree..............why does absolutely nothing they've done so far, do anything for the car at all? Are their engineers really that bad??????
<<

eve

Post Sun May 19, 2013 10:51 pm

Once the audio starting working during the All-Star part of the All-Star race, Steve was back to 4 tires and o.k. 10-4 again. Tony was very frustrated with the car, he stated he has not been able to keep up with the field the entire year. Stated that he didn't know what to tell them to do because the car hasn't worked all year. He suggested once to take a packer out of the left rear, but I didn't hear Steve tell the crew to do it. It's about time that Zippy fires Addington and takes over the 14 team. The last few weeks, I've got pictures of Zippy in Tony's garage area, talking to Tony and Addington. Apparently babysitting isn't going to get the job done. SHR is supposed to test the next 2 weeks, I don't know where, Dover was last week and it rained one day.

It's telling that Tony was able to win the Nationwide race at Daytonna, but nothing yet in Cup. SHR is missing something and Zippy needs to step up and be the competition director and do something so that they are competitive. If that's a shake-up with personnel, firing and replacing, then do it. Something has to give now.
<<

housesandhogans

Post Sun May 19, 2013 11:02 pm

Can't honestly say I am too impressed with Zippy at this point either. As the competition director, isn't it his job to be directing the crew chiefs and working with them? Last week he was off turkey shooting (or whatever) rather than working with them on testing. And don't tell me he was in constant contact. It's not the same. I've also heard he has some tv show he works on that takes his time. Anyway, everyone keeps expecting a shake up. But, where are they going to find this magic crew chief who is going to fix everything in, almost, the middle of the year? Guess time will tell.
Previous

Return to Tony