FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So will Dega be like Daytona

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:28 am

So will Dega be like Daytona

will we see more boring single file racing for 95% of the race? Anyone knows if they are making any changes to the car or will it be the same ol' same.
Just jump down to the bottom & ride knowing the higher lane cant pass.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:08 am

Re: So will Dega be like Daytona

hopefully some teams have learned from daytona, im thinking the big teams jgr and hms will have a better handle on it.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Jellikit

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:53 pm

I'm having a hard time being optimistic about it. At least one thing was learned at the end of Daytona, there is limited passing available. Even that is boring though.

Truthfully, with all the advancements made in safety since the restrictor plate was introduced, I'm not even so sure it's needed any more. Safer barriers, roof flaps, and all the rest...it just seems like the race would be safer over all if the cars weren't in packs, waiting on the big one. Just my opinion.

We know that at least the racing would be better.
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:32 pm

As far as I know, nothing has changed with the car since Daytona and I think the "big one" happens regardless of the racing style. It'll probably be boring until the last few laps and then we'll hope our picks are still in the game... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:34 pm

Jellikit wrote:I'm having a hard time being optimistic about it. At least one thing was learned at the end of Daytona, there is limited passing available. Even that is boring though.

Truthfully, with all the advancements made in safety since the restrictor plate was introduced, I'm not even so sure it's needed any more. Safer barriers, roof flaps, and all the rest...it just seems like the race would be safer over all if the cars weren't in packs, waiting on the big one. Just my opinion.

We know that at least the racing would be better.

Nascar loves the big one & don't let them lie to you about it either. They got rid of tandem racing because it eliminated the big one. (& Dale Jr didn't like it LOL) We finally had tons of passing & that was a bad thing apparently.
ImageImageImage
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed May 01, 2013 1:15 am

The one thing I remember from drivers, before and after the race, was that even they were not sure how these cars were going to handle side by side, single line, or if it was going to be possible to pass. Some even said they were not willing or may not be willing to risk it until they get a few races under their belts and figure this car out.

All this said and having a lot more track time around the country in all sorts of conditions, the drivers may get a little more adventurous.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed May 01, 2013 1:18 am

beaverpond wrote:The one thing I remember from drivers, before and after the race, was that even they were not sure how these cars were going to handle side by side, single line, or if it was going to be possible to pass. Some even said they were not willing or may not be willing to risk it until they get a few races under their belts and figure this car out.

All this said and having a lot more track time around the country in all sorts of conditions, the drivers may get a little more adventurous.

lets hope so
ImageImageImage
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed May 01, 2013 11:32 am

Rochelle wrote:As far as I know, nothing has changed with the car since Daytona and I think the "big one" happens regardless of the racing style. It'll probably be boring until the last few laps and then we'll hope our picks are still in the game... :lol: :lol: :lol:

^^^^^^I agree 100%^^^^^^

I think it's going to be a mostly boring race until the end. Spots will be gained or lost on pit road.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Jellikit

Post Fri May 03, 2013 10:28 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Nascar loves the big one & don't let them lie to you about it either. They got rid of tandem racing because it eliminated the big one. (& Dale Jr didn't like it LOL) We finally had tons of passing & that was a bad thing apparently.

Here's an article posted on SHR's FB page this morning.
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/05/01/cup-stewart-needs-big-run-at-dega/

I saw this quote from it and immediately thought of your comment here Schmoopy. ;)
~~~~~A year ago in the spring Talladega races, frustrated with rules put in place to limit two-car tandem drafts, Stewart launched one of the all-time funniest NASCAR rants, done completely deadpan.

“We didn't quite crash half the field which is what we normally look to do here,” Stewart told reporters with a completely straight face. “I was excited about it. I thought it was a pretty good race. I made it further than I thought I would before I got crashed. I call it a successful day."

But he was just getting started.

“I feel bad that as drivers we couldn't do a better job of crashing enough cars for them today,” Stewart said. “... I feel like that is what we are here for. I feel bad if I don't spend at least $150,000 in torn-up race cars going back to the shop. We definitely have to do a better job with that.”~~~~~
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri May 03, 2013 4:20 pm

Jellikit wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:Nascar loves the big one & don't let them lie to you about it either. They got rid of tandem racing because it eliminated the big one. (& Dale Jr didn't like it LOL) We finally had tons of passing & that was a bad thing apparently.

Here's an article posted on SHR's FB page this morning.
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/05/01/cup-stewart-needs-big-run-at-dega/

I saw this quote from it and immediately thought of your comment here Schmoopy. ;)
~~~~~A year ago in the spring Talladega races, frustrated with rules put in place to limit two-car tandem drafts, Stewart launched one of the all-time funniest NASCAR rants, done completely deadpan.

“We didn't quite crash half the field which is what we normally look to do here,” Stewart told reporters with a completely straight face. “I was excited about it. I thought it was a pretty good race. I made it further than I thought I would before I got crashed. I call it a successful day."

But he was just getting started.

“I feel bad that as drivers we couldn't do a better job of crashing enough cars for them today,” Stewart said. “... I feel like that is what we are here for. I feel bad if I don't spend at least $150,000 in torn-up race cars going back to the shop. We definitely have to do a better job with that.”~~~~~
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

I remember that interview LOL.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri May 03, 2013 5:40 pm

well tony made sure the past couple plate races that some teams spent over 150 grand at plate tracks, so he is a man of his word. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
I miss you Frehley........
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri May 03, 2013 10:18 pm

Checkers or wreckers,Kurt Busch wins this weekend! :mrgreen:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat May 04, 2013 3:38 pm

wolfgang wrote:Checkers or wreckers,Kurt Busch wins this weekend! :mrgreen:

hahahahaha... And guess who's pitting right behind Tony??? His best friend from last week... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Banjo14

Post Sun May 05, 2013 10:03 am

Well, rain is probable after 3PM local time. IF weather is not an early influence, the race should be past halfway before the rain gets serious. This should be a shortened (possibly less boring?) race without a whole lot of time for single-file merry-go-rounding. Forecast is that once the rain moves in, it's not gonna end till TUESDAY!
Maybe they should consider an earlier start!?!
GO LIKE STINK, SHR!
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun May 05, 2013 10:15 am

Banjo14 wrote:Well, rain is probable after 3PM local time. IF weather is not an early influence, the race should be past halfway before the rain gets serious. This should be a shortened (possibly less boring?) race without a whole lot of time for single-file merry-go-rounding. Forecast is that once the rain moves in, it's not gonna end till TUESDAY!
Maybe they should consider an earlier start!?!

they did move it up 10 mins. Its hard to move up a lot like the old days, because of all the hoopla (contractually) they do pre race nowadays
ImageImageImage
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing