FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Richmond

<<

jenniferhershner

Post Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:50 pm

Richmond

Tony's car was lousy. He had no speed. He couldn't' t compete. If he would have fought Kurt Busch we would have jumped through our TV set. STOP THE DRAMA! ACT LIKE THE CHAMPION YOU ARE!
Three laps to go, position 5th. You had no speed. NOTHING WAS UNDER THE HOOD. This is your fault. STOP THE FIGHTING. DO IT FOR YOUR FANS. WE LOVE YOU.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:07 am

Re: Richmond

in some ways you are right, tony is becoming a character, he gets upset when people bump him and he goes after them, seems thats the only time i see him on tv, maybe im wrong, been have many of times in the past, just how i see it, people cant sit here and blame this on HMS, look how the 1 and 42 performed tonite, they have hendrick power, something needs to change at SHR, dunno what it is, but if tony keeps this up he is going to get in a funk and never shake it this year..... again i could be wrong,
I miss you Frehley........
<<

housesandhogans

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:26 am

Wow. I almost feel like I didn't watch the same race as you two. Lousy finish, true.............but felt like the race was good for him. He didn't sit in 20th all night. There was conversation going on the radio, not like last week when there was nothing. I was feeling like maybe there is hope that the year is going to improve. You two could really bring me down.............but don't think I'll let you.
<<

Smoke_14

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:14 am

He wasn't lousy all night. 2nd half the race the car was starting to come to him. I would say he deserved a 7th through 10th finish but on that GWC he was stuck in the middle on a 3 wide going into 1 which killed his momentum then he lost about 10 spots when he got shoved by Kurt taking that white. I'm going to say that. Only shot of him making the chase is a wild card and that I feel will require about 2 wins. He better hope for good luck at Dega and Daytona because I can't see it happening anywhere else right now.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

TishR

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:31 am

If I understood Tony on the radio correctly last night it wasn't "speed or power from the engine" it was the front end of the car. He said it would not plant the left front into the track. Later he said he found something and he started moving forward rather well. So I guess we will see if he did find something that might help in the future. I sure hope so.
Tish
<<

housesandhogans

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:13 am

TishR wrote:If I understood Tony on the radio correctly last night it wasn't "speed or power from the engine" it was the front end of the car. He said it would not plant the left front into the track. Later he said he found something and he started moving forward rather well. So I guess we will see if he did find something that might help in the future. I sure hope so.

I heard the same thing on his radio and that he would talk to the othes after the race.

As far as making the chase, I know we're all concerned. But, the talking heads all keep talking about Denny Hamlin still having a chance to make it in...........and he isn't even driving his own car yet! So, don't think I can condem Tony's chances just yet.
<<

Banjo14

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:05 am

On the bright side: at least the car eventually responded to adjustments -- something that couldn't be said in other races. AND as at California, he got taken out of a sure Top 10 by restart circumstances. He's in the Top 20 in points if he gets good finishes at these two races.
Maybe it's time to call Chevy to send in some advisors. Zippy & the guys are missing something; and Chevy NEEDS for Tony & SHR to be competitive. The Gen6 cars are so equal -- there's never been so much parity in NASCAR -- that a couple of tweaks in the right places could give you the edge that makes you a contender again.

Given SHR's successes at Daytona, Talladega expectations should be high. A bad showing (not due to bad luck) could cause some heads to roll...
GO LIKE STINK, SHR!
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:34 pm

housesandhogans wrote:
TishR wrote:If I understood Tony on the radio correctly last night it wasn't "speed or power from the engine" it was the front end of the car. He said it would not plant the left front into the track. Later he said he found something and he started moving forward rather well. So I guess we will see if he did find something that might help in the future. I sure hope so.

I heard the same thing on his radio and that he would talk to the othes after the race.

As far as making the chase, I know we're all concerned. But, the talking heads all keep talking about Denny Hamlin still having a chance to make it in...........and he isn't even driving his own car yet! So, don't think I can condem Tony's chances just yet.

I heard the same thing on the scanner, that he had found something and would discuss it after the race with Steve! It happened after the spring rubber they put in was taken out and that the way he got back to the gas felt right. I am not sure this is the miracle, but it is a step in the right
direction.......the tone in his voice was so upbeat after that, and the frustration in his voice was gone..........

...as for Kurt Busch, please, the guy is an idiot, always has been and always will be! Something is
missing in that gene pool! ...There were five other drivers who also would have liked to have had words with KB......I just so happened Tony was parked next to him! I don't know if you have noticed.........but you don't mess with Tony! He settles his scores!

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

lmalley

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:14 pm

I admit I have a hard time making it to the end of these nights races, but I did watch the replay a few times and it looked to me that Kurt simply took Tony out. Didn't look like Tony checked up or spun the tires. Did anything happen between the two of them prior to this? I know Tony's been on the edge lately, but it did look like more than "just hard racing" as they like to say. We know what a nice guy Kurt is.. cough!
<<

eve

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:00 pm

Kurt has been a thorn in Tony's side since he ran Tony into the wall during practice for the Bud Shoot-out several years ago. They both were put on probation, but Tony said on his radio show at the time that the only Christmas card Kurt would ever get would contain Kaylee's poop!

That said, there was a posting on FB last night that said Zippy was on Tony's pit box last night. Can anyone confirm that? I didn't see Zippy in pre-race pictures, but he may have already been on the box. Also on FB was a statement about a "Big Meeting" at SHR this week. Anyone know anything about this?

There was a change in the conversation between Steve and Tony this weekend. Instead of "o.k. 10-4" from Steve when Tony told him about the car, he actually was making suggestions about what would make the car better. Take out a spring rubber, put one in, air pressure adjustments. It wasn't the usual 4 tires and track bar and wedge adjustments. Maybe if there was a meeting, attendance in the HMS competition meetings will take place and some changes are on the horizon.

Tony was doing better, passing 4-5 cars on restarts, then after the last caution, he started 5th. He would have had at least a 5th to 10th place finish if Kurt hadn't been such an a$$hole. Tony got freight trained big time. At least no punches were thrown, just words and Kurt was in the wrong. Tony seemed to be asking "what the heck were you doing?" and Kurt just was Kurt.
<<

Smoke_14

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:52 pm

I wouldn't expect this little fued, if u can call it that, to continue. Tony knows it was his a short track deal. Yeah he didn't like it because once again it cost him a good finish. He's just fed up with that more then anything else. Hopefully SHR's luck turns around at Dega. Lord knows he needs it. Because Darlington, Charlotte & Dover are coming up. And those places have not been kind to the 14 as of late.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

muskrat

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:39 pm

I am so glad that there was only 2 negative comments on this thread. 1st off I watch races because I just love NASCAR! before Tony I had other drivers I liked and those I couldn't stand, (Waltrop boys) 2nd If some reason this season does turn out to be a bad season (which I doubt) I ain't about to jump ship. This is a brand new car for everybody, and while no the result wasn't great. I think something did happen last night. I was at work so I could only see parts of it (Thank God for Patients who like NASCAR, or at least pretend so their nurse is happy) but it looked like after half way the car was decent, Tony took himself out with the one spin but then with driving and pit strategey he was back up to the top 5 and then issue with Bush sent him up to the marbles and washed him back. So unless I am crazy (yea yea I know) he was having a decent night.
Things could be alot worse, No body in SHR has been caught cheating, and nobody is in jail.
I would rather be hated for who I am than Loved for what I ain't
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:51 pm

Richmond-i actually got to see a race this weekend and yet watch Tony throw another hissy fit-it's Richmond, get over it,KB ran better than you and didn't take three cars out either! :lol: Finally,a win for the Budwiser team,next week i hope it's Newman or Miller time!! :mrgreen:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

David Shemansky

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:43 pm

Smoke will heat up as the summer gets going.
He has a lot on his plate this year. Give Stewart
a chance before you jump off his wagon.
<<

Janro13

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:50 pm

Dear Tony, we have faith in you! You will come back and start moving up in points and rank. You can not be kept down for long! You will win races this season and you will make the chase. Just calm down, and get it done! We love you and believe in you! Your fans. :)
Next

Return to Tony