FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kenseth Engine fails.........INSPECTION!!

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:49 pm

Re: Kenseth Engine fails.........INSPECTION!!

Annalee wrote:You all are forgetting one thing.......this NASCAR... when is there ANYTHING logical in what they do!! This is getting very interesting!!

For those of you who know anything about engines ( Schmoopy or Smoke _14) ........how would this be an advantage?

it wouldn't help.
if anything it would mess with the engine. I could see maybe an advantage if all 8 weighed less, but one? you would think if anything that would mess with balance. maybe TRD is finding out why their engines hasn't been that reliable LOL
Now I understand having a penalty. I mean an illegal part is an illegal part. Also remember Nascar claiming they take every case on its own. Which is why they have different penalties for the same infractions at times. So I cant see why this penalty is so harsh. Like I said before. Twice as bad as Penskes penalty who was trying to be slick & gain in performance. I hope in the appeal it gets reduced. Accident or not there has to be a penalty, but this one......Wow!
ImageImageImage
<<

dirt93

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:06 am

Seems a bit extreme to me too.... considering JGR doesn't make the engines in house.
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:56 am

what a crock of bull$hit......Why punish JGR when the motors are built by "TuRD"? Its NO WONDER the NA$CAR fan base is and will continue to shrink. This is like standing a 3rd grader in the corner for something that happened in the classroom when he was in the nurse's office....RIDICULOUS :roll:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Jellikit

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:59 pm

Kenseth calls penalties unfair: #20-Matt Kenseth talked to the media Thursday morning at Richmond:
What was your reaction to the penalties NASCAR announced yesterday? Do you think they were severe?
"I think the penalties are grossly unfair. I think it's borderline shameful. There's no argument the part was wrong. They weighed it and it was wrong. However, there is an argument that there certainly was no performance advantage. If you can find any unbiased, reputable, knowledgeable engine-builder and if they saw the facts, what all the rods weighed. The average weight of all the rods was well above the minimum -- 2.5 (grams) above the minimum at least. There was one in there that was way heavy. There was no performance advantage, there was no intent, it was a mistake. JGR (Joe Gibbs Racing) had no control over it. Certainly to crush Joe Gibbs like that -- to say they can't win an owner's championship with the 20 this year is just, I can't wrap my arms around that, it just blows me away. And the same with Jason Ratcliff (crew chief). I don't feel bad for myself at all, but for Jason and Joe, I just couldn't feel any worse. There's no more reputable, honest hard-working guys with good reputations more so than those two -- I feel really bad for them."
Do you expect a positive response from the appeals process?
"I don't know. I've never been through it so I honestly don't know. That's the hope, that's why it's setup. You've seen some examples of both. I don't know. That's what the hope is, that's why it's setup. We'll just go through that and see what happens and see whatever the final verdict is -- we'll have to live with that and move on."(Toyota Racing PR)(4-25-2013)
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:08 am

The penalties handed down from CA$HCAR are SO FAR PAST ABSURD that I can't find the words to TRULY voice my opinion without having the FBI knocking on my door. If they shoot down the appeal of THIS, we KNOW that there's SOMETHING goin' on that NOBODY'S talkin' about. WHY fine the driver?? Did he tell the engine builders to skimp on a pushrod's weight by 3 GRAMS to make his car go faster?? I DON'T THINK SO. Kenseth is a CLASS ACT and so is Coach Gibbs. If ANYTHING, CA$HCAR should be investigated for extortion and/or strong armed robbery. :shock: :shock: :evil: ............
......ONE MORE TIME.......BULLLLLLL$$$$HHHHIIIITTTTTT!!!....NASCAR, SHOVE IT!! :P
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:34 am

midwesternsmoke wrote:The penalties handed down from CA$HCAR are SO FAR PAST ABSURD that I can't find the words to TRULY voice my opinion without having the FBI knocking on my door. If they shoot down the appeal of THIS, we KNOW that there's SOMETHING goin' on that NOBODY'S talkin' about. WHY fine the driver?? Did he tell the engine builders to skimp on a pushrod's weight by 3 GRAMS to make his car go faster?? I DON'T THINK SO. Kenseth is a CLASS ACT and so is Coach Gibbs. If ANYTHING, CA$HCAR should be investigated for extortion and/or strong armed robbery. :shock: :shock: :evil: ............
......ONE MORE TIME.......BULLLLLLL$$$$HHHHIIIITTTTTT!!!....NASCAR, SHOVE IT!! :P

well I understand why they fine the Driver. If he gets an advantage making him capable of earning more points & becomes champion due to the team cheating wouldn't be fair. So I don't think any driver ever knows when a team is cheating or over stepping grey areas, but you still have to take points from them or teams would just cheat to get a drivers championship.
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:34 pm

There was no advantage to that part being under-weight. Besides, in total, the parts were overweight. And pig Pemberton basically saying there's no way to penalize the parts distributors is beyond stupid and ignorant. If anyone can figure how to get money out of someone, it's NASCRAP.

I'm hoping the appeals process will reign in the NASCRAP zealots. I'm not saying there shouldn't be a penalty, but even our judicial system takes mitigating circumstances into consideration.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Jellikit

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:17 pm

Rochelle wrote:There was no advantage to that part being under-weight. Besides, in total, the parts were overweight.

Probably not, but you do have to keep everyone accountable. While I do feel the fines and penalties are way over the top...the rule states that each individual rod must be in the correct weight range, not collectively as a group.
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:19 pm

Jellikit wrote:
Rochelle wrote:There was no advantage to that part being under-weight. Besides, in total, the parts were overweight.

Probably not, but you do have to keep everyone accountable. While I do feel the fines and penalties are way over the top...the rule states that each individual rod must be in the correct weight range, not collectively as a group.

That wasn't my point. And it doesn't say each must be the correct weight or else the others that were overweight would have been cited in the penalty. I understand the rule, but how is the team supposed to know there's a problem when they don't put the engines together. Not everyone is being held accountable, like the parts supplier and TRD. That is where the break down is. Too many mitigating circumstances for the harshness of the penalty. I'm just hoping the appeals panel takes everything into consideration and is fair about this. Everyone knows that JGR had nothing to do with it yet they are the only ones penalized. If NASCRAP wants to send a message, fine TRD.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Jellikit

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:33 pm

Rochelle wrote: And it doesn't say each must be the correct weight or else the others that were overweight would have been cited in the penalty......
Not everyone is being held accountable, like the parts supplier and TRD........
If NASCRAP wants to send a message, fine TRD.

The rule DOES say that each individual rod must meet a minimum requirement.
TRD has taken responsibility for everything.
Knowing this, it's up to NASCAR to assess the penalties during appeal.
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing