FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Weekly Picks & Meal Club for 2013

<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:03 pm

Re: Weekly Picks & Meal Club for 2013

Seems as though today is National Potato Chip Day and I knew I would be in here this week. I had been grabbing up locally done potato chips to mix in with some of the national brands. NO POTATO CRISPS ALLOWED for example...Pringles...

So I grabbed some Cape Cods based out of MA, Humpty Dumpty out of ME, Herr's out of PA, Bellreich out of OH, and feel free to bring other local flavors. I currently have plain, sour cream and chive, tortila, kettle cooked, and sea salt & vinager. If you have a favorite national brand that you want to bring, drop it on the table. I have to say that I think the kettle cooked has got to be my favorite.

Tonight we will also be having soda, juice, water, or Kool-Aid, Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Garden Salad, and homemade Vanilla Bean Icecream. I thought we would need something cold and sweet after all that salt.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:50 pm

beaverpond wrote:Might explain a few other things that are wrong with you :shock: :mrgreen:

You're right - it just might. :( ;) :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Jellikit

Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:19 am

It's my anniversary tomorrow. So in preparation, I'll be picking up some flowers for the clubhouse as I get Linda some. As a huge Notre Dame fan, Marigolds are a must. :mrgreen: The'll be in a nice long line in the front. Then, the Dutchman in me well be putting a nice colorful variety of Tulips in behind those. On the ends, I'll be planting a rose bush. I don't like to overdo landscaping, but if someone has one other thing to add to these, that would be okay.

Our anniversary is 3/21...and I picked the date for a reason. First, my wife worked on the space shuttle program at Kennedy Space Center when we met. She analyzed the Solid Rocket Boosters after they were recovered from the ocean after takeoffs. One year, she won a "Launch Honoree Award" which allowed us to see a launch from the VIP area...so close that it's so different from watching the launches across the river where I'd seen every one before. It also entitled us to tour both Kennedy S.C. and Johnson S.C. in Houston on private guided tours, including stuff the public would never get to see. Then to top it off, at the awards dinner, astronaut Loren Shriver sat right beside us and we talked all night. Cool story...I had a picture from a friend which is a shot of Florida, with a blue filter, taken from a space shuttle flight. All the info of the flight was on the back. Turns out, Loren himself was on the flight and remembered them taking the picture. He visited the dept. where Linda worked a few times a year. One week when Linda knew he was coming in, she took the poster to work, and he autographed it to me personally. It's now framed and hanging in the house. ...okay rambling over.. ;)
So, 3/21 is a big number for us there...of course, the countdown thing..3.2.1..even prompted Brevard County to get the area code 321 secured. In fact, we still have it on our phones here in DC/VA. With all that and the beginning of Spring, I really would NEVER have a believable reason to forget our anniversary. ;)
Now, to get the gloves on and go play in the dirt. :mrgreen: Happy first day of Spring everyone!!
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:28 am

Watch out for the construction work going on. There are also a lot of different type of lilies planted around the trees and shrubs. There are also daffodils planted about 2 feet away from the edge of the pavement going half way up the driveway to the highway. There are many different varieties.
Image Image

<<

Jellikit

Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:43 am

Will do beaver.
Decided to do a little searching for the pic/poster I mentioned to put together a little post on FB for our anniversary tomorrow. I found it, but ours has a little bit more of a light blue filter on the pic. The ground, particularly Georgia and north, has a nice blue effect on ours. Still...this looks to be the shot.
Last edited by Jellikit on Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

thorman52

Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:37 pm

jellikit wrote:
As a huge Notre Dame fan, Marigolds are a must.

Me too. Can the Lady Irish go all the way and finish business this year? Hope the men go somewhere this year also. Then there's football...Another day another thread before I get into trouble.

GO IRISH!!!
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

Jellikit

Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:39 am

The ladies will obviously have a much better shot Thor.
I think the men can win the first round. If they can get by Ohio State in the 2nd, they could make a deep run.

Now, what room is the recliners and 84" big screen in? ;)

For the first round of games today, I'll be making some home made pizzas. No salad on my pizzas, I just likes the meats.
If you like making pizzas or just enjoy watching them being made like we used to do at Shakey's Pizza as a kid, come on in the kitchen. I used to be a manager at Domino's and my 3 year old loves it when I spin the dough at home. My record for making a small cheese pizza was 18 seconds...so it won't be long. :mrgreen:
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:05 pm

Jellikit, we had a Shakey's Pizza in Tulsa. Ours was divided in half, one side sold beer and the other side didn't (ie. kid friendly). Don't remember how the pizza tasted, though. LOL
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:20 pm

Couldn't have been too good if you can't remember. I always remember the good, the bad, and the ugly. The ugly are places I would send my enemies. Anybody seen my neighbors lately...come to think of it, neither have I. :mrgreen:
Image Image

<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:07 pm

Been busy in the kitchen this afternoon. Making mashed potato for dinner tonight, baked beans (cheated, they are Bush's Baked Beans), also a couple of whole chickens at more than 7 lbs each, and finally I felt like homemade icecream cookie sandwiches for dessert.
Image Image

<<

jsw14

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:12 pm

I hope U Plucked the chickens clean Beave. 7lb each :shock:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image #SmokeWillRise
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm

Yup, then I used your razor to finish the job. :twisted:
Image Image

<<

jsw14

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:55 pm

Hmmmm, glad I shaved before U did that Beave :lol: :lol: :twisted:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image #SmokeWillRise
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed May 22, 2013 3:59 pm

My birthday has come early...I was called and told to meet at my parents house for dinner tonight. We are having:

LOBSTER...CLAMS...SHRIMP...SCALLOPS...POTATO SALAD...CORN ON THE COB...CHOCOLATE CHUNK BROWNIES..........lots of butter and tarter sauce.....YYUUMM!!!!!!!!!
Image Image

<<

awsum14

Post Wed May 22, 2013 6:27 pm

beaverpond wrote:My birthday has come early...I was called and told to meet at my parents house for dinner tonight. We are having:

LOBSTER...CLAMS...SHRIMP...SCALLOPS...POTATO SALAD...CORN ON THE COB...CHOCOLATE CHUNK BROWNIES..........lots of butter and tarter sauce.....YYUUMM!!!!!!!!!

:roll: :roll: You forgot to leave the address.... :shock: :? :x :( :cry: :evil:
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby