FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Twitter

<<

duffygoofy

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:19 am

Twitter

Wow, Tony Stewart called a fan a "stupid ####" for wanting an autograph?? Just to let you know Tony you would be nowhere without fans.

Someone put this on twitter!!∞Leah∞‏@leah88_9813h
ImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Twitter

ya i had seen that, kinda messed up.
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:19 pm

I guess because I don't have a twitter account I can't find that person on search.

I can understand Tony not wanting to sign anything while at a dirt track.......he's there to have fun......not sign autographs. He gets enough of that every weekend & any other autograph sessions he goes to.

But on the other hand, there's plenty of people who just can't take time off work to go to them autograph sessions during the week that he'll do & maybe that local dirt track Tony happens to be racing at is their only hope of getting an autograph.

But I'm sure there's other NASCAR drivers who would give fans some attention while at a dirt track out of common curtisy & a thank you.

Tony figures if I start signing stuff at a dirt track or any other place I'm at, the requests will grow & be never ending.

He does rush out sometimes after practice at NASCAR to race on dirt & he has to fly back right after a dirt race so he can get some rest. During what time he has when he gets there, sometimes at the last minute before the race starts, he needs to unwind for dirt racing & get his mind ready for what he's about to do & people trying to ask for autographs would irritate anyone in that situation.

This past Friday was the WoO race at Paducah (TN). So Kansas to TN & back to Kansas again.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:24 pm

but doesnt he put that on himself, goin off to run dirt on a cup weekend? i personally never bothered a driver for his autograph, just not my thing, im sure when cameras arent on some drivers blow off the fans, so its not just a tony thing, but at the end of the day the fans make you who you are, buying merch and things ike that, putting money in your pocket,
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Besides, I thought that race was cancelled.

And he doesn't have to be an a$$ about it. Just decline or wave them off and let that be the end of it. Be the bigger person if you're in a hurry or whatever. I know some fans are inconsiderate, but you don't have mirror that trait. I've been to a lot of races and have never asked a driver for anything but there are all types of people in this world. Personally I think that's taking the "bad boy" image too far.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:01 pm

No, Tony doesn't have to be rude to a fan either. I seen some U-tube post of Tony at some dirt track & was rude to someone (I guess it's the same person asking for the autograph) & Tony boldly said "no!" From how he said that & listening on in the video, that guy has been bugging Tony for it & it just #### Tony off that the guy didn't take no for an answer in the first place. We don't know how Tony first responded to that person asking him. This person just recorded an irritated Tony from being asked from the same person again.

As for that race I mentioned, I wasn't following what Tony had been doing besides NASCAR for a while so I wasn't aware of that until I seen it posted someplace that there was a race that date I mentioned. I don't know if they raced or not. I haven't even looked to see results on it yet either.

Yes, Tony brings on a lot of pressure flying far to race on dirt during a NASCAR weekend. So he doesn't have that much time before the race or after for fans. Yes it's his fault for making himself short of time for stuff like that. No it's not his fault all racing is on the weekends either. Fans should have respect for his tight sched. trying to work a little fun dirt racing in too.

In that video I had seen, Tony was talking to another driver about the track & that person who had been after Tony's autograph butted in as Tony was talking to some driver.
Last edited by Smoke14Wins on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:03 pm

Must have some filteration on this site because it doesn't like the word p.i.s.s.e.d. It used #### in my statement instead.
Smoke
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:19 pm

PADUCAH, Ky. — April 19, 2013 — Heavy overnight rain is forcing World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series and Paducah International Raceway officials to postpone Friday night’s event.

The excessive accumulation of rain runoff has made the track and series look to reschedule the event for later in the season.

Fans with tickets to tonight’s race can apply their ticket to the rescheduled date, or the Federated Auto Parts Ironman in August at Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55.
Smoke

Return to The Lobby