FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Pledge to Tony: "I won't duck and run"

<<

Banjo14

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:33 am

Re: Pledge to Tony: "I won't duck and run"

I was hoping that the Texas race was gonna be the start of a turn-around for the #14, but it looks like they still haven't reached rock bottom. Newman got a Top 10 result; and even Danica did OK the week before. Tony has (what?) one Top 10 (and an 11th), but hasn't led laps (18 TOTAL). He shoulda had a better finish at California, and Daytona definitely woulda been a better finish if not for the wreck. Otherwise though, the season so far has been frustrating (duuuuh). The worst part is that when they've been bad, they have stunk-on-ice; and in the past when they were bad, they were making gains by now. Something about the Gen6 must be whuppin' Zippy and the techs; they've had a couple of engine issues, but Hendrick equipment is as good as it gets; so maybe it comes down to chemistry. If Tony and Addington can't get along/can't communicate, this will be a looooong season with bad finishes, bad feelings and frustration.

BUT, ya gotta believe that when SHR gets it figured out, everybody else better watch out. Fair-weather fans can move on to whoever is the flavor of-the-month. Those of us who stick it out till things get better will just be able to enjoy the good times even more. I'm with the rest of y'all who say "I'm with Smoke."
GO LIKE STINK, SHR!
<<

Cmarlow14

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Re: Pledge to Tony: "I won't duck and run"

Well said. I'm behind Tony till the end...whenever the heck that may be.
Hoosier Momma
Previous

Return to Tony