FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

tony, Addington, Gen 6 car seem to be...

<<

kevinmboots77

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:47 pm

Re: tony, Addington, Gen 6 car seem to be...

"DO YOU REALIZE THAT WE JUST GOT PASSED BY BLANEY AND REUTIMANN????"

That, says it all right there.

osoblu: "I was upset last year when after winning a couple of races in the beginning using Darians setups they just fell flat."

I'd say the Vegas race for sure was a Grubb set up and maybe the Cali race but that was rained shortened. Daytona is a different story, if they had not had that wreck this year they would have been up there. Tony can drive to the front at Daytona.

Maybe they could put the crew chief they are using for the "test team/Happy's team" in or like I said find a CC on the Hendricks pay roll. Addington and Stewart are just not working.

I know it's easy for use to keyboard quarterback, but come on they have to see it to.
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it."-Voltaire
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so as well." Voltaire
<<

Smoke_14

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:49 pm

There behind as soon as they unload. His practice times are always poor and they are chasing the handling all weekend it seems. Yesterday looked like Dover. No turn in, car climbs the hill in the middle and has no bite off. It's pretty pathetic. I give Addington till the 600 as others are saying. Might be too late at that point but he needs to really make some gains this weekend and at least get a top 10 at the very least at Kansas.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:12 pm

Ok, first of all and most important, I'm trying to picture an asshat... Unless you have a real big booty, I don't see how it would stay on. Or is it just a hat that looks like an a$$ that you wear on your head? Yeah, I know, I've been accused of taking things too literally. What does that say about me that when I read that word, I automatically tried to picture a hat sitting on a butt?

I think part of Tony's anger is caused by the embarrassment of how his teams are running. I hear it pretty much every day on Race Hub or on one of the numerous race weekend shows, practices, qualifying coverages, etc. I must say this though, when Tony would tell Darian what changes to make, he made them without protest. I don't have access anymore to in-car so I have no idea what's going on lately. I don't know what their problem it, but I highly doubt it's due to only Steve, although that seems to be the way the sports world goes. Funny though how a crew chief that's let go can work well with another team. Kind of funny that one such crew chief has done so well with 3 different drivers this year... :twisted:

BTW, nice to see Ryan with a top 10 :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:10 pm

rochelle, you nailed it, i have a at that makes look like a a$$, it has a 14 on it, hahaha, as far as my booty goes, only place that it can be found is www.nicebooteysinpa.com :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:20 pm

LMAO mj... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:17 pm

i wonder how many people clicked on the link rochelle???
<<

im4tony14

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:29 pm

Not to add fuel to the fire but Tony is racing sprint cars at Susquehanna Speedway tonight (south central Penna.)

Also, did anyone else hear Larry Mac make the comment that Jimmie Johnson does so well bcz he isn't racing anything else like dirt cars.

Tired of all this dirt bashing!!!!! I don't think Tony's dirt raacing has anything to do with his NASCAR woes. :roll:
<<

eve

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:01 am

Tony said in an interview he is racing 70 dirt races this year in order to get back to what he started racing for. To have fun. He obviously didn't have fun Saturday night. Steve is in over his head. Maybe Tony made the wrong decision releasing Darian, I don't know. Darian did listen to him when adjustments needed to be made. I have listened to Tony's in-car for several years now. First on Sirius and now on Nascar.com, Zippy didn't even argue with him on adjustments. He did have to clarify what Tony wanted, but he did what was asked, Darian did too. Steve argues with Tony or doesn't listen to him at all, just fires 4 new tires and maybe a track bar or wedge adjustment. To hear Tony in the car on Saturday was disturbing to say the least. He was angry with the way the car was handling and Steve's inability to respond to what was needed. Toward the end of the race, Tony was giving one or two word answers at best. That was VERY ANGRY TONY. That is not good. I would not have wanted to be on the plane going back to Charlotte on Saturday night. It was either total silence, or blue smoke yelling. Either way, Steve either has to man up and get with the program or Zippy needs to man up an take over.

Off Topic: What to you think Nascar with do to Brad K for the comments about their treatment of the 2 and 22 teams. He really blasted them - USA Today has the article. Do you think they will 1) fine him 2). take points 3). both or 4) suspend him for a race or 2. I would really like your opinions.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:03 am

im4tony14 wrote:Not to add fuel to the fire but Tony is racing sprint cars at Susquehanna Speedway tonight (south central Penna.)

Also, did anyone else hear Larry Mac make the comment that Jimmie Johnson does so well bcz he isn't racing anything else like dirt cars.

Tired of all this dirt bashing!!!!! I don't think Tony's dirt raacing has anything to do with his NASCAR woes. :roll:

I don't put any stock into anything the stooges say. They are truly clueless.
I remember when they were saying Kyle could do better if concentrated more on cup & didn't race in the NW series. Then he cut back on those races & wasn't doing as well & they said he would do better if he raced more in the lesser series. They are a bunch of idiots searching for ratings. Not searching for intelligence. They just always want to have an answer to share with the public, so they think they sound smart. I cant stand Kyle Petty, but can appreciate every now & then when he says "I don't know, I'll look into it" instead of trying to give us an answer as if it is fact. Jimmie Johnson is successful because he is a good drivers on maybe the best team ever. If Tony was winning & lights out this season Larry Mac would say it was because he is having fun & doing all this dirt racing. Larry mac is just one of the stooges. he is an idiot, that has to have an answer to everything. In racing sometimes $h!t happens, but he would give an answer like....... you know I think if he would have gotten an extra hour of sleep last night his tire wouldn't have blew out.

Never put any stock into the stooges at Fox......... ever! 8-)
ImageImageImage
<<

osoblu

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:34 am

Kyle Busch running double duty (around 30 races vs Tony's 70races) at the same tracks that the cup series is at ( for the most part) is not the same thing as a man who who is much older driving to the airport to catch a flight then driving to a racetrack only to run in it and then driving back to catch a flight and then to get in his car and head to his motor home in the early mornings. But that being said the problems they have at SHR in my opinion aren't just Tony's alone. Heck he's only run a few dirt races so far!!!

But they'll figure out what the prolems are and correct them.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:16 am

On the scanner Sat night when Tony told Steve he was just passed by Reutiman, Steve's response was "I know"......... Tony's response was "Then do something about it!"10-4 was Steve's response. There isn't any, okay lets try this.... Or this is what we will do and see if this helps the car.

JMO.......I don't think Steve can adjust this gen 6 car. He had a hard time adjusting the gen 5. Tony tells him what the car is doing...Steve adjusts it and it is worse or he makes some other part totally out of whack. Finally in desperation Tony tells him what to adjust.....sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't! They don't communicate well at all.. Steve speaks so softly it is hard for Tony to hear him and Bob (spotter) has to repeat what Steve says. They need to TEST to see when adjustments are made, what effect that has on the car! Plus I am not sure who sets the cars up for each race but they haven't unloaded a car that worked for Tony in a very long while.

I have a feeling the debrief on Sat nights race could get real interesting....and it needs to.

Tony loves to race on "Dirt"........take that away and you might as well lock him up......look what happened to Kyle last year when they took his "extra" racing away.
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

8Ballin

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:25 pm

hate to say but Addington just gives off a bit of an incompetent vibe...kind of like Tony Gibson always did with the 39. Not to give any credit to the Busch boys but there has to be some reason there why both lost patience with him in not long.

I know he's qualified and Tony liked him from Gibbs, I actually never bought into Grubb that much either until this past year - lots of inconsistency and strange strategy calls in his 3 years with Tony, but the car was never hurting this bad.
<<

azk8ster

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:39 am

SmokeFan14 wrote:You had to figure things were going from bad to worse when he called Addinton on the radio and asked. "Do you realize that we just got passed by Blaney and Reutimann? DO YOU REALIZE THAT WE JUST GOT PASSED BY BLANEY AND REUTIMANN????"

you forgot Stremme ;-)
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:33 pm

Last edited by ndunn on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

osoblu

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Kasey races off Sprint as much as Tony does and no one says a word about him.

Not even close. Kasey does a few and Mr. Hendricks made it even less after Kasey flipped his winged sprint a couple of years ago.
Previous

Return to Tony