FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

tony, Addington, Gen 6 car seem to be...

<<

SmokeFan14

Post Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:32 pm

tony, Addington, Gen 6 car seem to be...

a bad mix up through half-way of the NRA 500....

Time for Smoke to sit back with Zippy and re-evaluate. This is getting ugly.
"Where there's Smoke, There's Racin'!"
<<

eve

Post Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:35 pm

Re: tony, Addington, Gen 6 car seem to be...

I have to agree Smoke14. Steve has got to go. 3 wins early last year, then things didn't really go wrong, but he didn't win again. Now 7 races into 2013 and he's mired in the 20's in points. Tony had to get ugly with Steve to even take a big swing at the car tonight. It's not just the Gen - 6. He had difficulty with the Gen - 5 last year. This team should be unloading in race trim and ready to kick some serious a$$. Right now is embarrassing not only to Tony and his team, but also to his fans who support him no matter what.

Zippy needs to step in TOMMORROW and fix this before it gets worse. I said previously that a decision should wait until after the Coke 600. That's a month away. Tony can't wait that long or he might miss the Chase. Zippy needs to check on the Kansas car to make sure that it will at least get out of it's own way and run next Sunday.

As competition director, Zippy is responsible to make sure that the cars are competitive. That's not the case with Tony's car. Please Zippy, fix this NOW.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:39 pm

I'm trying to be patient and upbeat but I thought surely they'd be decent tonight. Maybe not top-five, but at least a top-15 car. Not even close.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

TishR

Post Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:49 pm

All I know is that I was listening to Tony's radio and it really started getting ugly. I know that the man was beyond mad. So we will see what happens this week but something has to be done. I heard Tony say that every time he wanted to let the car run it would start getting loose off and tight in the center of the corners so he had to back off the throttle.

I agree Zippy and Tony need to sit down and start making some serious decisions and it needs to happen soon!
Tish
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:03 am

maybe life wasnt so bad with D.G. huh tony?
I miss you Frehley........
<<

kevinmboots77

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:42 am

I still think that Grubb was fired because he said something about Tony racing all of those other races.
I think they need to raid Hendricks for a new CC. They need another insider to get these car set up right. Tony also needs to chill on all the extra races and refocus on his cup ride. I'd go out testing at every track I could instead.
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it."-Voltaire
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so as well." Voltaire
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:48 am

michaeljohn wrote:maybe life wasnt so bad with D.G. huh tony?

If you weren't an asshat just trying to get stuff stirred up as per usual, I would remind you of the times in 2010 especially but also through the early part of 2011 where Grubb put Tony in a lot of holes and in a lot of bad spots with strategy calls, setups, etc.

Alas, you are just an asshat who's just trying to get stuff stirred up. As per usual. I almost hope Newman leaves so hopefully you'll follow.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:59 am

now I know this isn't to all the Tony fans because a few of you knew or atleast acknowledged how bad the 39 cars were in recent years, but to the rest of you......

Man you guys sure jump on the CC awfully fast. Where were you when the Ryan fans were saying how bad their cars were, & you simply said tony runs fine in the same equipment. I just remember a lot of Tony fans telling us Ryan fans to quit whining. Welcome to Ryans world.

We dealt with it for 4 years. You guys have for only 7 races. new type of cars & new tire compounds. I don't think Addington will be going anywhere. I do think SHR as a whole is behind vs. other teams. Don't think it is all just the CC. Also think old notes don't work with this type of car. But don't worry Tony will be able to pick apart Ryans team next year since he wont be here.
Last edited by Schmoopy1000 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:16 am

Smoke14TS wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:maybe life wasnt so bad with D.G. huh tony?

If you weren't an asshat just trying to get stuff stirred up as per usual, I would remind you of the times in 2010 especially but also through the early part of 2011 where Grubb put Tony in a lot of holes and in a lot of bad spots with strategy calls, setups, etc.

Alas, you are just an asshat who's just trying to get stuff stirred up. As per usual. I almost hope Newman leaves so hopefully you'll follow.

i think you owe me an apology, i wasnt saying anything to start trouble, i was stating a fact because he had is best success at SHR with Darian and if newman leaves FATMAN, im not going anywhere, your just a know it all that pushes your opinions on people, i remember a nite you came on here cried like a lil baby cuz your internet gf dumped your butt, who sat there that nite and reached out to you and wrote you emails of encouragement???????? i did! it sure as heck wasnt your boy tony, Oh how quickly we forget, there is no reason to call me names, but since u wanted to open that door and act like a big man, i can accommodate you, i can be the sweetest person in the world or the meanest MF you ever met
I miss you Frehley........
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:28 am

kevinmboots77 wrote:I still think that Grubb was fired because he said something about Tony racing all of those other races.
I think they need to raid Hendricks for a new CC. They need another insider to get these car set up right. Tony also needs to chill on all the extra races and refocus on his cup ride. I'd go out testing at every track I could instead.

I don't think Grubb was "fired"......I think he was "traded" for Zippadelli. :lol:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

HTower

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:15 am

At least Tony was able to get himself some spotlight time during the race, even when he wasn't amongst the leaders. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

How many times did they show that awful pit stop? :|
<<

osoblu

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:24 am

14 team is in trouble. They have been running like a 3rd tier team. The Addington/Stewart mix just isn't working. Is ZIppy the answer? Don't know but heck he may even be the problem. Loads of long time friendships in this company. Maybe friends dont make the best coworkers. Zippy could in fact be some of the problem. If you follow him on twitter he seems to spend alot of time doing stuff for his Drop Zone hunting show. I was upset last year when after winning a couple of races in the beginning using Darians setups they just fell flat. Thought it was the new cc and all of the dirt racing Tony did. Now I really don't know because Tony only raced a couple of extra dirt races so far and their still terrible.

There seems to be alot of problems at SHR and hopefully it will get straightened out more sooner than later.

Kevin I also thought Darian was fired because he spoke out against Tony's dirt racing. No matter how good you are how many things can you do at once and still be the best.

Tony does have a knack for getting the spotlight on him!
<<

diggerrich

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:16 am

Steve Addington couldn't take Kyle Busch to the next level!!! Smoke time for changes!!
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:48 am

Looks like our dysfunctional family is living up to its reputation.

Ok so now we know what it feels like to be a Newman fan. Or worse yet a JR fan. I smell trouble brewing in the 14 camp. Last night Tony was remarking how he was only racing Blaney and Reutiman and was not one bit happy. Then the pit stop. I can't tell you how many times Zippy and the officials reviewed the tape.

Addington vs Darian. Like em both. But Addington will go the way Darian went... West young man. It's over. No bashing. He'll be gone.

Aaron and MJ. Both of you go to your rooms and think about what you have said. Be kind to each other. Life is too short. Aaron, MJ is not going anywhere. Just sayin
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

SmokeFan14

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:10 pm

You had to figure things were going from bad to worse when he called Addinton on the radio and asked. "Do you realize that we just got passed by Blaney and Reutimann? DO YOU REALIZE THAT WE JUST GOT PASSED BY BLANEY AND REUTIMANN????"
"Where there's Smoke, There's Racin'!"
Next

Return to Tony