FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Explain this to Tony's Fans?

<<

eve

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:33 am

Re: Explain this to Tony's Fans?

If you really look at it, Tony really doesn't get a whole lot of time to do what he wants. An occasional week off from Cup, December & January. But even though he may be technically OFF, he's still working. Responsibilities for his other businesses, SHR obligations, sponsor events, photo shoots, Media obligations ( which we know he just loves). So he really doesn't get a lot of time to do as he wants. If he wants to dirt races, which makes him a happy Tony, who are we to say he can't.

The man will be 42 in May. He's not married, even though he has stated that he wants a family. I've seen no evidence of a girl friend on pit road this year. He has to relieve the stress in his life somehow, and he's chosen dirt racing.

As far as personnel changes. I know that Tony & Zippy has issues before he left Gibbs. That was 5 years ago. Zippy had to deal with Joey - the non-starter that was billed differently. 5 years is a long time in racing. I'm not throwing Steve Addington under the bus, but after last year's early 3 wins, then nothing, you have to wonder. Tony hasn't forgotten how to drive, maybe he's just not getting the equipment that he needs. All I'm saying is that a discussion should be considered. If there isn't any improvement by the Coke 600 on Memorial Day weekend, then maybe the discussion should take place.

I trust Tony to make the correct decision. He hasn't gotten where he is by making bad decisions. He will do what is best for SHR, the team and himself.
<<

Banjo14

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:25 am

I try not to worry about race results until after the Indy 500 -- in the past, Tony hasn't gotten going until the summer ( :roll: been listening to DW too long). That's what made last year so unusual: Tony won twice before the end of May (carryover from the 2011 Chase, maybe?). [Off-subject: I still believe Tony willed himself to that third championship and DGrubb was lucky enough to be along for the ride.] Anyway, looking at the drivers ahead of Tony in the standings, a bunch of them are flukes and will fade; Tony is only 9 points out of the Top 20 right now with some horrible finishes. Ya gotta believe he'll win a couple of races and that he and Denny are major threats for Wild Cards at least. The next three races should be good measuring sticks; and let's see where he is points-wise when they go to Talledega. ;)
GO LIKE STINK, SHR!
<<

HTower

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:59 am

jamo14 wrote:more older = more budweiser...at least for me anyways 8-)

YES!!! :D :D :D :D :D
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:26 pm

So, did we ever decide just how many cautions it takes???? :? :( :o :shock: :roll: :!: :?: :arrow: :idea: .... :mrgreen:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

dirt93

Post Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:52 pm

I think there were 12 cautions so.... SO I'm going to say 13?
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

muskrat

Post Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:19 pm

first of 14 cautions,

I am so glad to see so many true long time fans of Tony's here, We who have been around for awhile, and I am talking all the way back to JGR/Pontiac (anyone else remember that) Tony's race season is much like his day, nothing happens in the morning, ie not much happens in the spring. BUT Texas is the first night race, and he should be wide awake by then.
I would rather be hated for who I am than Loved for what I ain't
<<

onerockindoc

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:29 am

Truer words were never spoken Muskrat. He should certainly be awake come Saturday night.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:14 pm

i got true words for you doc...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................shamalamadingdong
Previous

Return to Tony