FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Explain this to Tony's Fans?

<<

ndunn

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:41 pm

Re: Explain this to Tony's Fans?

I think Tony is picking up some of the dirt track racing he wasn't allowed to do racing for Gibbs. Now that he is his own boss he can do as HE pleases and not the boss or the fans for that matter. That is one reason I'm a fan of his. He does what he wants when he wants and doesn't think he has to report to anyone but his partner Gene Haas if at all. He treats his sponsors with respect and with his foundation and money in his pocket he is a very generous person.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:19 pm

If people are trusting Tony's decisions, then trust the crew that he's picked. You can't have it both ways. I'm so sick of the Zippy talk that always comes up. Does anyone not remember how stale they were their last year as driver and crew chief? I do and it also seems to me that if Tony thought that would be best for him he would have already made the change. Everyone is so eager to throw everyone under the bus but Tony. He has the crew he wants so either trust that or put some of the blame on him for not making changes. For now I trust his decisions, don't just count races lost, this is a learning curve with the new car and different tire compounds. Just because some teams have gotten a handle on it doesn't mean SHR won't.

Please stop blaming everyone else when Tony is the one constant here since going to SHR. If you're going to support him you need to support his choices in his crew.

Getting down from the soap box now, NEXT?
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

im4tony14

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:18 pm

Explain this to Tony's Fans?

I disagree with HTower. When he finished NASCAR qualifying for Vegas or Fontana he told an interviewer, "I'm going to go have fun [dirt racing]". With all that he has to do let the guy go have some fun. I'm sure if the dirt racing was preventing him from giving his all on Sunday he would do the necessary.

I'm for Tony!!!!
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:31 pm

Whoa...my cheek is still stinging from the whooping put on it by HTower......I've often thought the same thing but realized that it is Tony's way of blowing off steam and having a blast. The dirt racing is his HOBBY.

Those 3 little words I've spoken before apply here, again, today. I'm With Smoke
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:59 pm

Actually htower wasn't stating a fact he was asking a question. I read it as making a tough remark about Tony and so I gave my opinion. I read it out of context and that was my fault and not his. I still stick with Tony's dirt racing is a way of as we say "blowing off steam" and having fun while he is at it.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

HTower

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:25 pm

onerockindoc wrote:Whoa...my cheek is still stinging from the whooping put on it by HTower......I've often thought the same thing but realized that it is Tony's way of blowing off steam and having a blast. The dirt racing is his HOBBY.

What did I do? There was no slapping of any cheeks!

Yes, I believe that his dirt track racing detracts from his NASCAR driving, but in small, percentage points sort of way. In no way shape or form am I going to say that if he had not done the dirt track race that he would have won, or even finished in the top 10. Stewart's a grown man, he can do what he wants. He doesn't have to justify his actions to me.

I swear I'm going to start using ten smilies from now on to signify when I'm making a joke. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:40 pm

I meant I'm a smiley funny way that you popped me on the buttocks as old Forrest Gump would say....no harm my friend.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:50 pm

HTower wrote:Maybe if Tony wasn't so busy wracking up dirt track wins the day before his NASCAR race he'd do better? ;)

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: I've thought the same thing for QUITE SOME TIME. Tony "AIN'T NO SPRING CHICKEN NO MO'". I think Tony may need to start workin' out with JJ or KK.... :D
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Smoke_14

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:34 pm

Wow. Some of the stuff I read on here, I start to wonder not only how long some of you have been following Smoke, but if any of you really do support him. Let me see, how many years has Smoke typically gotten off to slow starts. I would say the vast majority of his career. There is seriously no need to panic at this point. He would have finished about 10th this past weekend, but he got hung on the outside on the final restart. It happens. It's not like he is running consistently in the 20's. That is one thing. But so far he has had some bad luck to the year. It happened during his 2011 season, and look how that turned out. Not saying he will or needs that kind of turnaround again, but lets just calm things down a bit. I can't believe some of the stuff I have read on here recently. Blaming what he does on his downtime? Blaming his weight? Seriously people. This is Tony Stewart. He has always been overweight. He has always been racing on his downtime. Just let it be. He will be fine. I'm not sure about some of you guys, but this isn't my first time to the Smoke Show. These things happen, but I know this team and this driver are too talented for this to keep happening. Mark my words, been following the sport since 1992, and been a follower of Smoke since his rookie year. HE WILL BE FINE.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

eve

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:18 pm

Tony has said that he has 70 dirt track races planned for this season. He also stated that he does it to get back to why he started racing - to have fun. I think you will find he does them to relieve the stress he may be under so that he can focus on the Cup races. He has always run dirt races during the Cup season. It didn't hurt him in 2011, it won't hurt him now.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:46 pm

eve wrote:Tony has said that he has 70 dirt track races planned for this season. He also stated that he does it to get back to why he started racing - to have fun. I think you will find he does them to relieve the stress he may be under so that he can focus on the Cup races. He has always run dirt races during the Cup season. It didn't hurt him in 2011, it won't hurt him now.

Believe as you will, I'm a realist........ ya get a little older every year. :D
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:51 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:
eve wrote:Tony has said that he has 70 dirt track races planned for this season. He also stated that he does it to get back to why he started racing - to have fun. I think you will find he does them to relieve the stress he may be under so that he can focus on the Cup races. He has always run dirt races during the Cup season. It didn't hurt him in 2011, it won't hurt him now.

Believe as you will, I'm a realist........ ya get a little older every year. :D

I may have to agree with that mw... I know how the years have affected me and I don't do anything near that strenuous... Mark Martin is a freak of nature, lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

jamo14

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:51 pm

more older = more budweiser...at least for me anyways 8-)
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:31 pm

Tony gets that he has a ton of people he is responsible for. If something were affecting that negatively, he would cut it out. As has been said already, dirt racing is his way of having fun. Seems like the best hobby on the planet. Would never suggest he back off on it if he enjoys it. The ones saying he should, why don't they give up what they enjoy?
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:52 pm

I thought this was all a joke LOL

If Tony gets out of his cup car way more dog tired than he would normally after racing 3+ hours, then someone might have a point of his other racing, but he isn't more tired than normal after a race. In some ways it might help Tony. I know Ryan says after he races a modified race everything in the cup car seems so much slower (meaning easier)
I don't see his dirt racing as a negative, & if anything could be a positive.

I understand you Tony fans aren't used to having to struggle with the car, it is nothing knew for us Ryan fans. For those losing the faith. Just watch both will be competing for the chase when it is all said & done.

Then tony can thank Ryan for getting him back on track
&
Tony fans can thank Ryan fans for getting you through this troubling time! (because that sounds good)
:mrgreen: Image :mrgreen: Image :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Tony