FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WEEKLY PICKS

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:50 am

Re: WEEKLY PICKS

I'll need them by this weekend, for sure. No practice tomorrow... no qualifying tomorrow... no practices Saturday... :( :( I'm hyperventilating and my heart is pounding... palpitations... :cry:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

LeslieO

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:08 am

Same here. I know they don't race on Easter, but every year I still end up being 'surprised'. "Oh...right...no race this weekend... :cry: " :lol:
<<

andy926

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:47 am

Yea, I know what you guys mean. I don't know what to do with myself. There isn't even Supercross racing either this week. I already feel the shakes comming on now too. Looking at the weathere this weekend it might be 55 on Sat here. Hmmmm Maybe I should pull out the old crooked sticks and go golfing. Now that's a way to kill off the first nice day around here in a long time.
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:07 am

Dang, I just found out there's no Cup racing until April 7th.
That's good, wouldn't been able to watch it if there was. 8-)
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:42 pm

Once again they giveth and they takeith away.......lost my points for Fontana............What is going on??? :evil: :evil: :evil: from now on I am posting my points every time I log in....yesterday I was at 415 today I am at 395 and I am also posting my picks!! I am really getting sick of this!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

justlisa

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:46 pm

Anyone missing their Martinsville points?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:32 pm

didnt get the proper points for Mville......
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:40 pm

I got Johnson correct & Gordon out of order but only got 31 points. 1 for playing & 30 for having Jimmy in order. I get nothing for having Jeff out of order.

1. Jimmy Johnson
2. Clint Boyer
3. Jeff Gordon
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

thorman52

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:14 pm

Here is from the page. You get the best of one not both.
You can only fall into one of 2 categories:
Category A: picks in correct order
Category B: picks in incorrect order

The system will first check to see if you fall into "Category A" by seeing how many you have in the correct order. It then checks to see if you fall into "Category B" (how many you have in the incorrect order). If you fall into both categories, it will award you the one with more points.

For example, if you picked:
1st Place: Jimmie Johnson
2nd Place: Tony Stewart
3rd Place: Ryan Newman

And the real winners are:
1st Place: Jimmie Johnson
2nd Place: Ryan Newman
3rd Place: Tony Stewart

...you would be awarded 50 points for getting 3 right in the incorrect order (Category B) since it is more then what you would get for Category A which is 30 points for getting 1 in the correct order.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:26 pm

I got my points for Martinsville... 2 in correct order for 51 points... :mrgreen:

It took me from 40 something to 25th... But there are a few with the same number I have, 506... :mrgreen:

Are yours still messed up Annalee?
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:51 pm

:twisted: THEY SURE ARE.......I HAVE BEEN POSTING MY POINTS IN MY REPLYS.....SO I WOULD HAVE PROOF......!! AND ON SUNDAY...... I HAD 455........ I HAVE NOW 461..I HAD TWO OUT OF ORDER AND ONLY GOT 11 points.......PLUS MY POINTS ARE NO LONGER IN ANY OF MY POSTS...TALK ABOUT CONSPIRACY THEORY:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: NOW ACCORDING TO MY KEEPING TRACK I SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST 486 GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I #Support Smoke
<<

LeslieO

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:16 pm

That's frustrating Annalee. I hope it gets corrected for you!
<<

LeslieO

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:26 pm

thorman52 wrote:Here is from the page. You get the best of one not both.
[color=#BFBF40]You can only fall into one of 2 categories:
Category A: picks in correct order
Category B: picks in incorrect order

The system will first check to see if you fall into "Category A" by seeing how many you have in the correct order. It then checks to see if you fall into "Category B" (how many you have in the incorrect order). If you fall into both categories, it will award you the one with more points.

I was wondering how it would work...couldn't remember... looking at my points, it did work this way for me. My picks were 88, 48, 24 and I was awarded 31.

My gut instinct continues to be...interesting. My picks are usually educated guesses based on past performance, blah blah, but I always listen to my gut if I have a strong feeling about someone (even if it seems nuts, which is often the case).

It never fails as a predictor of who will have a "significant" day, but half the time this turns out to be "significant" in a bad way. My gut picks either win or have awful days, nothing in between. Sure enough, Gut told me Dale Jr. would find victory lane... instead he had his first bad day of the year. :x :lol: The payoff when Gut is right is too good to stop listening to it.... I think. At least Gut's radar is partially in tune...can recognize that "something" is gonna happen. :lol:
<<

thorman52

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:47 pm

Please don't shoot the messenger. :( I just copied and pasted. I got my points right. I hope all others will soon figure it out and be happy. :D

Just got back from Ft. Wayne and still groggy from antiseptic for dental work. :cry: Be better in the morning. Have a great evening all. ;)
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:42 am

These are my picks for the last race: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Come on!!! I copied and pasted it here.....evidence! :lol: As if this will change anything!

Last Race Results
Texas Official Results:
Date: Sat. Apr 13. 2013

1st:
2nd:
3rd:

Your picks for Texas:
1st: Tony Stewart
2nd: Kyle Busch
3rd: Greg Biffle

You earned 0 point(s) for this race.

OFFICIAL RESULTS »

Now I should at least have 11 points and they say I earned 0.............what a mess, :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I #Support Smoke
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby