FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Explain this to Tony's Fans?

<<

jenniferhershner

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:35 pm

Explain this to Tony's Fans?

How many cautions does it take to get a top 10? What a disgrace. TONY! CLEAN HOUSE NOW!
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:54 pm

Re: Explain this to Tony's Fans?

...about as many licks as it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop, of course... ;) :mrgreen:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:35 pm

It's a little early to clean house... If the streak continues when they start going back to tracks, that may be something to look into but geez, not yet. Why is it so hard to remember this is a new car and at a couple of tracks they've had new tire compounds? Wow, the lack of faith is astounding...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:42 pm

Six races, six different-style tracks. Hard to have built much of a notebook so far. Got to give it through May, perhaps later, before you start saying "We're not gonna make it like this" and make changes.

Got to keep in mind that Fontana was a great race before, well, yeah. Hopefully that carries somewhat into Texas and Kansas these next couple races and Charlotte next month. Talladega, Richmond, and Darlington are kind of their own deals in that stretch, so we'll have to see on those.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

muskrat

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:13 pm

Why do people not see that at least 3 races he had wrecks? I fail to see how that is Addingtons fault. What I saw today was changes being made all day, and at the end It looked to me like Tony got hung on the outside. in practice, and in qualifing it was a slow car, but it did alot better today.
I would rather be hated for who I am than Loved for what I ain't
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:21 pm

Maybe Tony doesn't know how to drive the Gen.6,they did say the car puts more in the drivers control. :lol:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:03 pm

wolfgang wrote:Maybe Tony doesn't know how to drive the Gen.6,they did say the car puts more in the drivers control. :lol:

YEEEEAAAH.......FUNNY, And maybe the next POPE will be JEWISH..... ;) ;) 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:06 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:
wolfgang wrote:Maybe Tony doesn't know how to drive the Gen.6,they did say the car puts more in the drivers control. :lol:

Yah mean the new one's not? :lol:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:20 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:29 pm

They worked on the car all day, communicated well and made a good effort to move up. There was no second guessing Addington by Tony. That's good enough for me
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:55 pm

The big issue today was getting caught in the outside line at the end. Otherwise he might have gotten a top-10 and that's with a car that they struggled with a bit. I have faith they'll get it going. Yes it may take a wild card if he is going to be in the Chase this year, but we saw what starting with zero wins is worth in 2011. We've got a great crew and the best race driver on the planet in the seat. It'll turn around.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

eve

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:06 pm

I agree that a discussion about Steve Addington is needed. Yes, Tony has had 2 wrecks by my count-Daytona and Bristol. Remember that Tony only won 3 races last year with the Gen-5 car. If Tony was finishing in the top 5, 10, 15 I wouldn't be worried, but they seem to struggle every week in practice and sometimes in qualifying. There are only 26 races in the chase and we have burned through 6 so far. A serious discussion about maybe putting Zippy on the Pit Box and giving Steve something else to do. I trust Tony to make the correct decision. He can't be happy with the performance of the team. To say he can't drive the car is crazy, if it has wheels, he can drive it. Let's support Tony and trust him to make the right decision.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:48 am

I am hoping that this is just Tony's typical slow start to the season and that come summer, he will pick up the pace.

The power of positive thinking. ;) :D :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

Shander

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:59 am

I also hope this is just the typical slow start that he usually has, but If other teams are consistently in the top 5 and/or winning, they must have it figured out... the Gen 6 car. So why hasn't Addington done the same. Tony should consider a change in personnel if things don't change. JMO :)
"No Woman will ever be truly satisfied... because no man will ever have a chocolate penis that ejaculates money."
Be who you are and say what you feel... Because those that matter.. don't mind and those that mind... don't matter!!
<<

HTower

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:00 am

Maybe if Tony wasn't so busy wracking up dirt track wins the day before his NASCAR race he'd do better? ;)
Next

Return to Tony