FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tony and Blocking........

<<

Annalee

Post Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:12 am

Tony and Blocking........

DO YOU STILL FEEL THE SAME WAY YOU DO ABOUT BLOCKING?
"Yeah, my stance has never changed about blocking. Everybody has got a different opinion. I know the last two weeks everybody has tried to make a comparison to the Talladega deal. Talladega is a little different deal than the rest of it. I don't like it at Daytona and Talladega either, but it's the position we are put in there. What happened at California is a different deal. The people that are trying to compare the two are people that honestly I've read who has written it. It's disappointing that they don't understand the sport any better than that, but there is a huge difference between the two. It's our jobs as drivers to go out there and try to pass people. That is what racing is about. We didn't have blocking 10 years ago. I don't know where all of a sudden it became a common deal or some people think it's alright to do now and think it's common practice. I don't believe in it. I don't believe it should be common practice."
AT RESTRICTOR PLATE TRACKS IT'S A NECESSARY EVIL?
"We don't have a choice. We can't even get away from each other there. It's not so much that you are trying to block as much as you are trying to make that guy that you are trying to get in front of push you. We don't have the luxury of running on our own there. You have to have somebody pushing you. So if there is a line coming you want that faster line to pick you up and push you. The last half of a lap at Talladega is different than a restart with 15 to go at California."
WHY DO YOU THINK BLOCKING HAS INCREASED?
"I don't know. I hope you guys can tell me. I don't understand it either. I have never agreed with it. I don't like it. For some reason it's getting increasingly worse. I don't know why that is, but it is."(Chevy PR)(4-6-2013)
Last edited by Annalee on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

eve

Post Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:08 pm

Re: Tony and Blocking........

I posted on "Tony's Last Interview" my opinion on this.

Return to Tony