FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Goooood Morning SHR -Saturday

<<

tlooney14

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:09 pm

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Thursday

:geek: hi ppl
its thursday and the sun is out o my gosh it got to 50 today time to go swimming lol 8-)
TLooney14
...settling for second, you might as well kiss your aunt with a hairy mustache. - Tony Stewart
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:24 pm

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Thursday

swimming ??????????? not around here...not unless it is an indoor pool, besides most of the ponds and lakes still are mostly frozen.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

awsum14

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:56 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR -"Good Friday"

Goooood Morning SHR

"Polar Bear Club" I wonder how many of those idiots are sick after taking that dip.. :roll: :roll:

It's 36* and they say we are having light snow, but I haven't seen any yet. Going to the mid 50's and partly cloudy for today.

03/29 Fri
NASCAR Race Hub 7:00 am SPEED
The 10, Talladega Moments 6:00 pm SPEED
Counting down the ten greatest moments at the wildest track on the NASCAR circuit.
The 10, NASCAR's Greatest Finishes 6:30 pm SPEED
Counting down the ten NASCAR finishes that were too close to call.

Thoughts and Prayers to All
Have a Great and Safe Day

Seeeee Ya's
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:01 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - "Good Friday"

Actually you be surprised how many have become accustomed to doing this and it does not bother them. They usually start off in the ocean before going into the lakes and ponds because ocean water is usually warmer...go figure.
Image Image

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:37 am

March 29 is . . . . Festival Of Smoke and Mirrors Day
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:38 pm

My company and few others in town donated close to $300 into a school supply fund which I have been maintaining. I took the money down to Staples this morning and bought almost $300 worth of school supplies.

The principal of the elementary school created what she calls "The Wishing Tree" bulletin board. Teachers post on these little animal shapes (each animal represents a different grade level) what their different classroom needs for supplies. So instead of making parents feel guilty by sending the requests home in a newsletter, we post it on a bulletin board and anybody in the school can take down the request and fill it and bring back the item for that classroom teacher.

We have a low income community so it is hard to get a lot of families to help out, but when the board went up...it was a God send because those that can help, have for multiple classrooms. Then when some of the local businesses found out, then they wanted to get involved and because many of them work through me on the school board, the PTA, and my business, they thought I would be the perfect go between...this way they don't have to deal with all the security procedures, there is already somebody on the inside with a security pass.

Anyway, the reason everybody has been pulling together on this project is because our wonderful governor chopped $114,500+ from our district budget mid year. This may not sound like much, but it actually came out to $26,000 in school supplies for the teachers. So this is where the parents and businesses have stepped in to fill that void. So everybody being ticked off with the governor at this point, does not hurt either. Makes everybody a little more giving.
Image Image

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:10 am

March 30 is . . . . I Am In Control Day
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

awsum14

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:02 am

Goooood Morning SHR

Smoke14Wins wrote:March 30 is . . . :roll: . I Am In Control Day :roll:

And if you believe that, then I have some Ocean Front property in Arizona for sale

I've been on for a little while. But I had to go to 7-11 and get a Slurpee this morning for Nikki. He had his tonsils and addiniods (?) removed yesterday. For a 4 year old, he is handling it pretty good.

03/30 Sat
Use the DVR, 'cuz there ain't anything on TV

Seeeee Ya's
Try Harder
<<

thorman52

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:06 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Saturday

beav - that's great that you and your community can step up and keep the schools' needs in supply. Seems to be a nationwide trend to cut school budgets. It's happened here in Indiana also. Got a new governor now but the damage is already done. Supplies were cut, programs were cut, jobs were cut, you name it.

Kudos to you, your company and community.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:26 am

My in control day is I'm boiling 6 eggs (well, they're cooling down now) & will color them for easter. I get to do these because the kids already colored eggs at my folks last night. :mrgreen:

Other than that, .................... :|
Smoke
<<

beaverpond

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:51 am

My community has control of my day...being coordinator of the Labels for Education program. I sorted through, cut the labels down to size, now to sort them by point value, and then to attach them to start attaching them to collection sheets.
Image Image

<<

ndunn

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:45 pm

beaverpond wrote:My company and few others in town donated close to $300 into a school supply fund which I have been maintaining. I took the money down to Staples this morning and bought almost $300 worth of school supplies.

The principal of the elementary school created what she calls "The Wishing Tree" bulletin board. Teachers post on these little animal shapes (each animal represents a different grade level) what their different classroom needs for supplies. So instead of making parents feel guilty by sending the requests home in a newsletter, we post it on a bulletin board and anybody in the school can take down the request and fill it and bring back the item for that classroom teacher.

We have a low income community so it is hard to get a lot of families to help out, but when the board went up...it was a God send because those that can help, have for multiple classrooms. Then when some of the local businesses found out, then they wanted to get involved and because many of them work through me on the school board, the PTA, and my business, they thought I would be the perfect go between...this way they don't have to deal with all the security procedures, there is already somebody on the inside with a security pass.

Anyway, the reason everybody has been pulling together on this project is because our wonderful governor chopped $114,500+ from our district budget mid year. This may not sound like much, but it actually came out to $26,000 in school supplies for the teachers. So this is where the parents and businesses have stepped in to fill that void. So everybody being ticked off with the governor at this point, does not hurt either. Makes everybody a little more giving.

No thanks to the "Govna" the citizens came through for the schools. Such an awesome community you have. They are to be praised!
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:29 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Easter Sunday

Happy Easter To All

March 31 is also . . . . Bunsen Burner Day and National Clams On The Half Shell Day
Smoke
<<

awsum14

Post Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:43 am

Goooood Morning SHR

50* and raining this morning. Typical for Easter around here. Most of the Easter Egg Hunts where yesterday and they had a sunny day for them.

03/31 Sunday
Australian V8 Supercars, Adelaide 5:00 pm SPEED
Richard Petty: A Racer's Life 9:00 pm/1:00 am SPEED

Seeeee Ya's
Try Harder
<<

jsw14

Post Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:57 am

Mornin gang, Happy Easter :D We could'nt ask for a better day today. 73* now & sunny, with a high of a perfect 85* :D :D
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby