FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So What Happened To Tony?

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:45 pm

So What Happened To Tony?

Maybe some of you were listening to Tony's radio & can shed some light.

After the last restart where Joey blocked Tony, what happened to Tony's car? I didn't think it was damaged that bad from what looked like "light" contact. Why did he end up 22nd? :? He looked like he should have ended up with at least a top-ten.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

*****Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500*****
<<

TishR

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:47 pm

Re: So What Happened To Tony?

The contact with Joey poked a small hole in the right front and is was going down. That is why he dropped like a rock.
Tish
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:28 pm

What Tish said is exactly right......the scanners on Tony's car and radio connections were being hacked into so with all the static and over talk it was hard to hear what happened, but I did hear about the slow leak. I think Tony should have dumped him, but he was going to race him clean.....bet that never happens again! There isn't anyone in the garage who likes or respects Joey...even Sam Hornish on sports center wouldn't defend him....... I'm really liking Sammy :)

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:13 pm

Annalee wrote:What Tish said is exactly right......the scanners on Tony's car and radio connections were being hacked into so with all the static and over talk it was hard to hear what happened, but I did hear about the slow leak. I think Tony should have dumped him, but he was going to race him clean.....bet that never happens again! There isn't anyone in the garage who likes or respects Joey...even Sam Hornish on sports center wouldn't defend him....... I'm really liking Sammy :)

actually Sammy said he wasnt defending logano while his explanation was sugar coating it.
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:45 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Annalee wrote:What Tish said is exactly right......the scanners on Tony's car and radio connections were being hacked into so with all the static and over talk it was hard to hear what happened, but I did hear about the slow leak. I think Tony should have dumped him, but he was going to race him clean.....bet that never happens again! There isn't anyone in the garage who likes or respects Joey...even Sam Hornish on sports center wouldn't defend him....... I'm really liking Sammy :)

actually Sammy said he wasnt defending logano while his explanation was sugar coating it.

I heard Sam say he was asked why he wasn't defending his teammate and I don't remember exactly what he said but basically he didn't think Joey was right...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:49 pm

Hornish knows Joey wasnt right, but when he was trying to explain what happened he made sound like a racing deal. Still was cool that Hornish didnt agree with Joey, but the explanation was still damage control (they both race for Penske)
ImageImageImage
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:56 am

I also liked Sams reply. I thought for sure he was going to fawn all over JoeE but he didn't. Lagono might want to be careful as Tony is a friend of Penske and he just might be taken to school. As for the little girl remark I didn't take that as criticizing it's really to shake up someone. Most of the time it does.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:11 am

I think there are more than a few drivers that would like to give Logano some instruction. I think there are a bunch that would like to educate him on how to handle the inside and outside wall by broadsiding the wall and hitting it dead on.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:19 am

From what has been said around here TV, newspapers, etc. Joeys front splitter had worn off so that a sharp piece of metal was hanging from the front and cut Tony's tire and leaving him coping with a slow leak and a boiling erupting volcano of emotion! Joey..... you can run but you can't hide!

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:42 am

Come on out Joey, take your beating like a man...

...oops forgot who I was talking to... Crybaby Logano :mrgreen:
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:53 pm

Somehow "don't poke the bear" comes to mind...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Cmarlow14

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:15 pm

Anybody have any updates today? I wonder if JD Gibbs tried to contact him and calm him down like he used to.
Hoosier Momma
<<

eve

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:30 am

Joey really did "poke the bear" and a lot of cubs in the garage. Joey does need to go to school, with some help from drivers in the garage area. I'd like to be a fly on the wall for that "discussion".

I heard Tony say he thought he had a tire going down and that he was "enjoying the track position" when he was 22nd. I hope that time off, for everyone, will allow tempers to cool, but Tony will be Tony - that's why we love him. At least Nascar stayed out of it and there were no fines or penalties. Boys have at it is alive and well. I wonder if that covers the Motorhome lot?!!!!! We will see at Martinsville in 2 weeks.
<<

awsum14

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:41 am

Martinsvilleis not the track to get payback.
It's a short track and if retaliation is done there, there is a good chance of taking out more then your rival...JMO
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:50 am

awsum14 wrote:Martinsvilleis not the track to get payback.
It's a short track and if retaliation is done there, there is a good chance of taking out more then your rival...JMO

Where do you propose payback, then? Texas in three weeks when they're 195+ into the turn? No, Stewart isn't Logano.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
Next

Return to Tony