<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:55 am

Re: update from Joe Gibbs racing

Here's link to the spine
My hubby has a problem with his L5

http://www.chionline.com/anatomy/anat1.html
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:32 am

Video with DH when he left the hospital :arrow: http://msn.foxsports.com/video/NASCAR?v ... 491f3ac150
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:27 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:I've had an L-1 Compression fracture, & it ain't fun.

It is you lower back, but the very top of your lower back. Right where your spine curves one way & the upper back curves the other way. Where they meet is your L-1 vertabrae.
They wouldnt let me work for 3 months (of course I was roofing back then) I cant see Denny driving anytime soon. I guess thats what he gets so......

to whoever said that is just racing...... Bull$h!t!!!!

It was done on purpose & at 180+ mph. That is A$S kicking offense!

Schmoopy..........Thank you, a man of few words! ....couldn't have said it better! Even Larry the Cable Guy has his money on Tony!! And if the drivers were able to voice their opinion 43 other guys would be standing in line. Eddie Gosage just posted this

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:24 pm

Woo hoo....this girl will be in Texas to see this. Eddie Gossage always does it up big time.

Glad to hear that Denny has been released from the hospital. I hope his pain level is tolerable
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:15 pm

I like it! Tony will snap him like a twig!

Kind of funny though how there's always some type of cage match atmosphere brewing in time for Texas... Is that your doing doc? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:03 pm

From Jayski...

Logano says he wasn't trying to wreck Hamlin: #22-Joey Logano said he did not realize #11-Denny Hamlin was involved in a hard crash when he made televised comments suggesting the driver had it coming  nor did he mean to wreck his former teammate on the last lap of Sunday's Auto Club 400. Logano told USA TODAY Sports by phone Monday that he had "no idea" Hamlin was hurt or even that he hit the wall hard when he told Fox: "He probably shouldn't have done what he did last week (at Bristol), so that's what he gets."
"I just thought we were racing hard, you know?" Logano said Monday. "It happens. You don't ever want anyone to get hurt; you don't ever want anything to happen, especially to Denny. We were racing really hard there at the end of the race. I wish there was a SAFER barrier down there, and I wish I knew before I made any comments on TV also." Logano insisted he was not trying to wreck Hamlin "in any way, shape or form."(USA Today)(3-26-2013)

It took him two days to come up with this?

Liar liar pants on fire... No mas pantalones...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:07 pm

Rochelle wrote:From Jayski...

Logano says he wasn't trying to wreck Hamlin: #22-Joey Logano said he did not realize #11-Denny Hamlin was involved in a hard crash when he made televised comments suggesting the driver had it coming  nor did he mean to wreck his former teammate on the last lap of Sunday's Auto Club 400. Logano told USA TODAY Sports by phone Monday that he had "no idea" Hamlin was hurt or even that he hit the wall hard when he told Fox: "He probably shouldn't have done what he did last week (at Bristol), so that's what he gets."
"I just thought we were racing hard, you know?" Logano said Monday. "It happens. You don't ever want anyone to get hurt; you don't ever want anything to happen, especially to Denny. We were racing really hard there at the end of the race. I wish there was a SAFER barrier down there, and I wish I knew before I made any comments on TV also." Logano insisted he was not trying to wreck Hamlin "in any way, shape or form."(USA Today)(3-26-2013)

Non-believer! ;) :lol: :lol: Doubting-Thomas ;) :lol: :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

thorman52

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:29 pm

With the chance of being chastised immensely, and in an attempt to explain my previous post, I must say this. On the one hand some say it's so wrong to bump at 180 mph with the chance of wrecking and injury. But on the other hand it's valiant for someone to promote confrontation on the track, again at 180 mph. My previous post was not understood I would think. We all agree that no one wants injuries when racing but when wrecks occur, as they will, and they're no injuries, it's cool so we watch replay after replay. It's part of the racing experience.

I'm no psychologist, nor am I a Logano or Hamlin fan. I wish 11 a speedy and successful recovery. And I also accept Logano's explanation/apology at face value. Finally, if 14 happens to bump someone at 180 mph, I'll accept that also and hope for the best.

I too had two back surgeries (L4/L5) in 1995 and am in pain to this day. I know what it's like.

Thank you.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:37 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:Non-believer! ;) :lol: :lol: Doubting-Thomas ;) :lol: :lol:

hahahaha... I resemble that remark :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:32 pm

Rochelle wrote:From Jayski...

Like I said........ let the coaching begin!!!
ImageImageImage
<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:29 pm

The fact that something BIG always happens in Texas is just a coincidence. The fact that I'm always there is just a coincidence.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

TishR

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:58 pm

Sorry don't buy it. Joey seen the replay before he made his comments. The person interviewing him stated that Joey had just seen the replay.
Tish
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:44 pm

Hopeful Denny doesn't miss any time, one of my favorite things in racing is watch him run Martinsville and similar tracks (Loudon, Richmond). He's a master of the flat tracks but sadly I'd assume it's almost a certainty he at least misses Martinsville because of all the heavy braking.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

rckblykitn

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:22 pm

From JGR's Facebook:

Joe Gibbs Racing driver Denny Hamlin was evaluated today by Dr. Jerry Petty of Carolina Neurosurgery & Spine Associates after suffering an L1 Compression Fracture during an accident on the final lap of Sunday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway.

Dr. Petty determined that Hamlin will not require surgery, but will need time to properly heal, which is estimated around six weeks time. Dr. Petty will make the determination when Hamlin will be able to return to racing this season.

No decision has been made on a replacement driver for Hamlin during his absence from the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.

Kinda figured as much...that REALLY sucks!!!! :( :cry:
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means being cocky once in a while, have at it." ~Tony Stewart
<<

azk8ster

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:56 pm

That's a bitter pill for Denny and JGR to swallow. I wish Denny a speedy and eventless recovery, as pain-free as possible.

And now, from the "when life hands you lemons" department...Denny will have some unexpected time to watch his beautiful Taylor grow these next six weeks! He'll look back on this someday as a blessing!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing