FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Think Tonys latest interview

<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:59 pm

Re: Think Tonys latest interview

There is a small part of me that thinks Brad is staying out of it because he knows Joey is wrong and he also knows that there are a lot of angry drivers in the garage and he would rather distance himself from that situation more than anything because he does not want to become one of those marked targets just because they have the same owner.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:44 pm

Yikes... I think I better loan Joey my quote at the bottom. ;-)

Kid is rivaling me, for 'who has the worst bad luck'. LOL

here's what I think -

1) I don't think Joey purposely tried to wreck Denny at the end. "I didn't go to engineering school, so I'm not gonna do the math" ... ( LOL ) but it looked to me like Joey's car having to move a certain way... and unfortunately, wide as it was... ran out of track and into Denny. I just can't see Joey wrecking 2 cars for 'revenge or respect' - esp being so young & not so much a "tuff guy'.

2) Tony and his actions and words ... has let me down. :-(

I understand I'll prob be attacked for my opinion... but hey... it's the way I feel. I'm not happy about it... how it turned out and how I feel about it.... all I know, is how I feel about it.

It was so wrong to go over to Joey w/an angry agenda. Say what you want about how Tony was "unfairly blocked & "righteously" angry" - it was still wrong. Anytime one starts justifying angry behavior, they're wrong. I'm sorry but that's the PC world we live in, as a society. If this action happened at a warehouse or a board room, the police would prob be called. If YOU were Joey - being physically attacked in anger ... or if it was one of your loved ones, you would say the same dam thing.

There has been a lot of talk about Tony's actions - I'm focusing on his actions cuz this is a TONY blog - in the sports world... and a lot of it, is bad. Once you can separate the snideness of the sports writers getting to attack a driver they obviously don't like - they do make valid points... which I'm not going to state here.

All I can say is, in my humble opinion, Tony has let me down. :( I don't think his actions are funny and I didn't think his comments were cute. He's getting a little too old for this and he doesn't carry the Dale Sr clout, to pull it off at his age. :-( I'm still a fan ... except I think he made a few mistakes, like everybody else does... only he did his, on TV. :-(

I just hope the 'damage control' folks can put some lipstick on this pig ....

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My opinions are fair game for all, but pls, don't attack me... just agree to dis-agree, as I shall do, as well. :-) I could be 'technically' wrong in what I think in #1 ... but #2 is just what I think. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

tlmerk

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:18 pm

I think most of us don't like JL very much and we love Smoke, so we tend to look at this situation with rose colored glasses, as most fans would. It's like if someone took a shot at one of my kids, it would be difficult for me to stay objective. However, I also think Tony went way beyond what he should have and that's the heat of the moment I suppose. I kept thinking, since I couldn't watch the race itself... please be mad at something other than him blocking you. I was kind of hoping something else was going on because Tony blocks on occasion too and it WAS the end of the RACE and they were racing for the win. So Tony's car was faster, that doesn't mean you pull over at the end of a race to let Tony Stewart go by. I think there's a lot more to it than meets the eye. I think Tony can't stand the little guy. And Tony does expect other drivers to show him some respect as he's a champion. He has said it before.

And so you don't take all the heat Smokie... it sure looked like Tony was grabbing at Joey's hair on the film I saw. HAHAHA... Smoke is a whiney baby sometimes, but he's our whiney baby and still the best driver on the track IMO.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:30 pm

HA....... I gotta call BS, Today's society has turned people into crybabies. Back in the day, this crap happened ALL THE TIME. They knocked each other around if they didn't like what happened. I guess the "Boys have at it" was all a crock o' $hit?? :roll: (what a surprise)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:32 pm

I know this may be stretching it, but is it possible that he was irritated for what Logano did not only to him, but also what he did to Hamlin and was defending him as Hamlin was in no condition to defend himself.
Image Image

<<

tlmerk

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:42 pm

beaverpond wrote:I know this may be stretching it, but is it possible that he was irritated for what Logano did not only to him, but also what he did to Hamlin and was defending him as Hamlin was in no condition to defend himself.

Yeah, I'd like to think that too Beav. Not sure it's accurate but it would be nice to think that he is ticked because the kid has done this before to his friends (like Ryan) and yet he whines when people do it to him.

I think Joey needs to take a lesson from his teamate. They used to say similar things about Brad but Brad, at least publically, usually talked with respect about the other drivers, esp. those like Martin and Tony who deserve it. (And when Brad says something, I tend to believe he means it and it's not written for him by his daddy or some PR person.) Maybe Joey will grow into the position he's in but he's surely not making any friends on the track. They say the drivers are mad one week and then next all is forgotten but I don't buy that. I think Joey has an uphill climb to earn any kind of reputation in this sport and that's separate from winning races. Anyone can win a race because of rain or being in the right position at the right time. To have a long-term career, it helps to have friends or at least a reputation, and not the kind he has.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:18 pm

beaverpond wrote:I know this may be stretching it, but is it possible that he was irritated for what Logano did not only to him, but also what he did to Hamlin and was defending him as Hamlin was in no condition to defend himself.

I think he was just fed up with Joey and this was his opportunity. At least that's how I choose to look at it. The things he said led me to think this since he used some general terms.

And no, this was not just racing or he would have straightened his car out instead of pushing up into Denny. He saw his opportunity and took it like the punk he is. The only consolation would be if he thinks twice about it the next time. Denny could have dumped him yesterday and he didn't. Right or wrong, Joey never really fit in at JGR and looks to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder. Brad went about proving himself the right way, maybe Joey should watch some of his races.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:45 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:HA....... I gotta call BS, Today's society has turned people into crybabies. Back in the day, this crap happened ALL THE TIME. They knocked each other around if they didn't like what happened. I guess the "Boys have at it" was all a crock o' $hit?? :roll: (what a surprise)

OH YES,MOST ALL OF THEM ARE DRAMA QUEENS TODAY! :lol:
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:01 pm

Don't care for either Denny or Joey,but how is it Joeys fault Denny got hurt? :?
Watching the replay several times and blocking loud mouth DW out,it appears to me at that point Denny didn't give him enough room.The only thing i seen was good hard racing and something had to give because neither driver would give.
The last time Tony messed with Vickers,Vickers put him in the tires at a certian road course if you recall,hasn't happened since.Just because you are a past or present champion doesn't mean it gives you any rights over someone who is not,respect is earned.Jeff Gordon is another one who thinks he's all that,Jeff and Matt K.is a prime example as Bowyer.Jeff can race you hard,but don't you dare do the same to him it often appears.
Tony had an issue on the restart,he should have used the bumper and moved Joey out of the way.Dega,Daytona,Bristol-what's the differance,they don't race a whole #### of alot anymore,they'd rather be drama queens.
<<

Taskforce14

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:13 pm

I know many of the drivers seem to support Stewart but like I said earlier the fans are not supporting him at all. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/tony-stewart-blocking-aficionado-ticked-joey-logano-blocking-005903978--nascar.html
Check out the comments after this article. This is what I've seen all over twitter and the web. I still think blocking at anything other than a plate track is ridiculous. I'm hoping to see Tony soften his stance on this and perhaps even apologize for the personal and physical attack. I don't want to go back to the old Tony crap that the media used to write every week. It's amazing how many people are commenting about Tonys weight in some of these articles and stuff. To bad a simple NASCAR race turns into personal attacks from all fronts. Same thing happened to Gordon after the Bowyer revenge last year.
At the same time I don't see anything wrong with what Logano did to Hamlin. These guys retaliate all the time and cause crashes. This was a rare occasion where a driver was injured as a result.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:31 pm

I bet Zippy has some stories to tell....... ;) :lol: Plus if you ask those in the garage,... who in the last couple of years has been the driver in the middle of most of the highlight reels, it is Joey..you need to ask Biffle, Ryan, Kevin,Denny, JP....... The funny thing is Joey and Denny were team mates just last year...... Somehow I always thought team mates, who even though they have moved on, you still respect each other ....I just don't know what must go on at JGR..........JD and the Coach are such guys but the drama that comes from there is incredible. Wonder what Kenseth is thinking??

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:16 pm

anybody even remember a couple of seasons ago when even team-mates were wrecking each other. JJ and Jeff...Kyle and Joey...Denny and Joey...Earnhardt and Jeff...Carl and Matt just to name a few.
Image Image

<<

Shander

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:30 am

In my opinion, I think all of the drivers need to just ignore "burnt toast" and race like he's not there. Then when KARMA strikes joey all of the drivers will be clean.

Joey has a lot of growing up to do. He never acknowledged the fact that Denny was hurt... even after he knew what had happened. And I think most of the drivers know that with 11 laps remaining on a restart you just don't block. If it had been a GWC restart... totally different.

Regardless of what Tony said or did I will be routing for him 100%.

Shander
"No Woman will ever be truly satisfied... because no man will ever have a chocolate penis that ejaculates money."
Be who you are and say what you feel... Because those that matter.. don't mind and those that mind... don't matter!!
<<

NASCARNan

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:34 pm

Love or hate Tony, you had to laugh watching all this unfold on Sunday. As my maiden name is Stewart, my Mom called laughing hysterically after the race Sunday. My Dad passed away 10 yrs ago and she said listening to Tony she could just picture my Dad (or me) responding the very same way. She was crying she was laughing so hard. She said it must be something with the last name of Stewart... :lol:

I told my husband I think Joey will be crossed off many Christmas card lists this year. It seems quite a few drivers have their issues with him. :roll:
NASCAR Nan
<<

kim92164

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:09 pm

I've been thinking the same thing beaver. I also keep saying that Joey needs a good Hickory switch taken to his backside. If he's gonna act like a little kid then he needs to be treated like one.
PreviousNext

Return to Tony