update from Joe Gibbs racing

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:26 pm

update from Joe Gibbs racing

I got it from Krissie's twitter

STATEMENT FROM JOE GIBBS RACING

REGARDING DRIVER DENNY HAMLIN

HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. (March 24, 2013) – Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) driver Denny Hamlin was involved in an accident on the final lap of today’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway.

Hamlin complained of lower back pain at the track’s infield medical center and was transported to a local hospital for further evaluation. Hamlin will remain at the hospital overnight for observation.

No further updates are expected tonight.

guess all involved are doing a lot of erasing on their twitter accounts, because I find it hard to believe no one is commenting on them.
ImageImageImage
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:35 pm

Re: update from Joe Gibbs racing

@MissJFish: Thank u everyone for your messages concerning Denny. Darian is keeping us posted. He's alert n awake, main concern is his back #PrayersforDH

I saw this and am keeping good thoughts for Denny
I strive to live by the Golden Rule, do you?
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:46 pm

onerockindoc wrote:@MissJFish: Thank u everyone for your messages concerning Denny. Darian is keeping us posted. He's alert n awake, main concern is his back #PrayersforDH

I saw this and am keeping good thoughts for Denny

guess there was one from his mom, saying something to the affect, nothing worse than a mom & dad being at home having to wait for information.

Man that has got to suck!
ImageImageImage
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:05 am

I've been looking at twitter though I should be in bed....
A fan tweeted Brad asking his feelings on the Denny/Joey/Tony mess. His reply was "thanks for watching"

Guess Roger sent out some sort of memo already.
I strive to live by the Golden Rule, do you?
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:48 am

Roger is a good man and I'm hoping he's reining in the emotionally immature on his teams...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:04 pm

Rochelle wrote:Roger is a good man and I'm hoping he's reining in the emotionally immature on his teams...

nope Roger said in a phone interview that he supports his driver 150%
Basically calling Tony a hypocrit (in a nicer way though) & that Tony not only uses the same tactic but is one of the best in the sport at blocking.

Also is claiming Joey/Hamlin was an accident going for the win. Which I am sure by the time we go to the next track Joey will be coached on what to say.

But for now lets refresh what Joey has said

"thats what he gets"
&
"I drove it in hard into three & couldnt get by, so I did what I had to do"

Yep, the snot nosed sniveling P.O.S. "everybody is always picking on me racing me too hard" kid was all innocent. Which is so full of $h!t
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:03 pm

Roger has to support Joey, he hired him and he supported AJ after his blunder so I wouldn't expect him to do any less.

Joey didn't do what he had to do, he did what he wanted to do... Turned that wheel just enough to the right to shove Denny up. He could have been the bigger man and just raced him, but he's obviously not the bigger man. He's going to get what he has coming to him from more than Tony and Denny. He's obviously learning impaired. He sees what happens to other drivers for doing what he did but obviously doesn't feel he should be included in that group. Any wonder other drivers don't respect him?
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HTower

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:28 pm

Any update on Hamlin today? The longer they wait to say anything, the worse feeling that I get. :|
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:42 pm

Tweet - @dennyhamlin - I just want to go home

sent 2:14 pm ET
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

rckblykitn

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:58 pm

From Denny's FB just now:

Update on Denny: He an L1 compression fracture in his back. He hopes to be released today, fly back to North Carolina and be re-evaluated by Dr. Jerry Petty of Carolina Neurosurgery & Spine Associates later this week.

No word at this time if he'll need surgery or miss any time on the track.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means being cocky once in a while, have at it." ~Tony Stewart
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:01 pm

From JGR: Denny Hamlin has confirmed L1 compression fracture. Hopes to return to NC today. May miss races, may need surgery. Will be evaluated by Dr Petty in Charlotte.

More here :arrow: http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-d ... car-sprint
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:30 pm

WOW!!! OK Joey, What an idiot! He needs to be parked and think about what he has done...... I would imagine this would sideline Denny for quite awhile.
At the very least he is probably in quite a bit of pain. They can fuse the vertebrae and if it is not to bad use a type of glue and cementing the crack in the vertebrae. My mom had the cement,glue after a car crash......now she was 75 and not a race car driver!
Last edited by Annalee on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

thorman52

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:05 pm

IMHO: Let's all remember Dale Sr's. hit. It didn't seem that bad at first until the result was known. I'm not going to defend Joey at all as I think it was a cheap shot. Have you ever seen any questionable bumps or pushes from 14 or 18? The way Denny hit the wall was the deciding factor in his injury. No one, not Joey, not Denny or anyone else could have controlled or prevented the hit or its result. To paraphrase someone else's post...That's racing, and I add as unfortunate as it may be. I wish Denny a speedy and full recovery.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:16 pm

Annalee wrote:WOW!!! OK Joey, What an idiot! He needs to be parked and think about what he has done...... I would imagine this would sideline Denny for quite awhile.
The L 1 is at the base of your neck and skull........that could have paralyzed him for the rest of his life or killed him. At the very least he is probably in quite a bit of pain. They can fuse the vertebrae and if it is not to bad use a type of glue and cementing the crack in the vertebrae. My mom had the cement,glue after a car crash......now she was 75 and not a race car driver!

L1 is in the Lumbar region (lower back) NOT the base of the neck.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:05 pm

thorman52 wrote:IMHO: Let's all remember Dale Sr's. hit. It didn't seem that bad at first until the result was known. I'm not going to defend Joey at all as I think it was a cheap shot. Have you ever seen any questionable bumps or pushes from 14 or 18? The way Denny hit the wall was the deciding factor in his injury. No one, not Joey, not Denny or anyone else could have controlled or prevented the hit or its result. To paraphrase someone else's post...That's racing, and I add as unfortunate as it may be. I wish Denny a speedy and full recovery.

I totally disagree "that's racing"... You do not intentionally cause a wreck at those speeds. No one, even all the stooges announcing the race thought he would do that at that track with the speeds they were running. I can only hope the idiot child is getting a ton of grief over this. The cars are much safer but are not bullet proof. It's not unfortunate, it was completely selfish without regard to consequences. Look at what happened to Michael Annett who is still out from his injury. I also hope the idiot stooges that were patting him on the back all weekend learn something from this also although they're just ratings whores.
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing