FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tony/Joey/Denny

<<

rckblykitn

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:47 pm

Tony/Joey/Denny

First off I really hope Denny is ok. that was a *nasty* hit he took.

that said...I knew they were going to wreck! That was inevitable. I didn't hear it, but a friend told me Joey said "that's what he gets" in his post race interview, referring to Denny.

And I really thought Tony was going to have a great points day.... so much for that! At least Fox was smart enough to not run his interview live and censored it when they did show it.

I do understand why Tony is pi$$ed but honestly - that's racing! Can't wait to see how this plays out...

They have a week off to either calm down or get even more fired up for Martinsville, another bumpin' and rubbin' track...we know Tony and Denny will be around Joey at some point(s) during the race...can't wait to see what happens!!

Definitely the most intense, exciting race I've personally ever watched at California. Usually it's so boring that I barely pay any attention. Glad it was so awesome today even though Tony had another bad finish.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means being cocky once in a while, have at it." ~Tony Stewart
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:57 pm

Re: Tony/Joey/Denny

yeah while they are putting Denny on a stretcher the P.O.S. is telling the media thats what he gets!!!
After the Edwars/BK incident, I would have never thought someone would have wrecked someone on purpose at a track that runs these speeds, but I guess it true........ you cant fix stupid!!! but then to say thats what he gets afterwards, was just...... Wow!
ImageImageImage
<<

rckblykitn

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:16 pm

right!! he had to have known at that point how bad Denny had wrecked, if not that he was possibly hurt...the kid needs to learn a little compassion for his fellow competitors, especially an ex-teammate! geez!!
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means being cocky once in a while, have at it." ~Tony Stewart
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:52 pm

I hope somebody teaches "little rich boy" a lesson. He is playing with the big boys now and needs to act like it. This is not a place to pick a fight with all these type "A" personalities, somebody is bound to kick his butt eventually. He has tangled with Harvick (both of them), Stewart, Hamlin, Kyle Busch, and some others. Please fill in those names if you remember who they are.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:55 pm

beaverpond wrote:I hope somebody teaches "little rich boy" a lesson. He is playing with the big boys now and needs to act like it. This is not a place to pick a fight with all these type "A" personalities, somebody is bound to kick his butt eventually. He has tangled with Harvick (both of them), Stewart, Hamlin, Kyle Busch, and some others. Please fill in those names if you remember who they are.

dont forget about Ryan. Remember when they were trying to seperate the two ryan was telling them, I am just trying to teach the kid how to drive LOL
He also got into it with the Biff as well. Remember the Biff dumping him.
ImageImageImage
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:41 pm

"After what happened last week, that's what (Hamlin) gets," Logano said following the race. "We have nothing to hang our heads about, that's for sure."

Wow Joey. I wonder what your boss thinks about this. You're making Kurt look like teachers pet
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm

onerockindoc wrote:"After what happened last week, that's what (Hamlin) gets," Logano said following the race. "We have nothing to hang our heads about, that's for sure."

Wow Joey. I wonder what your boss thinks about this. You're making Kurt look like teachers pet

& the stooges were trying to say Joey didnt know about Denny but in the interview they said after Joey watched the replay. man I think someone should stop by his house & let class be in session :twisted:
ImageImageImage
<<

muskrat

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:17 am

I wonder if Joey will get fined for that comment. If Tony gets a fine, I am sure he will shrugg it off Joey Needs to be very careful,
But it was good comic relief to watch him try and back pedal his comments, I think in his own he thinking "Crap I rattled the big dogs cage now" I don't think Daddy Logano is dumb enough to try and take on Smoke
BTW is it my imagination or does Tony always have his helmet off when he is going to fight?
I would rather be hated for who I am than Loved for what I ain't
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:21 am

muskrat wrote:I wonder if Joey will get fined for that comment. If Tony gets a fine, I am sure he will shrugg it off Joey Needs to be very careful,
But it was good comic relief to watch him try and back pedal his comments, I think in his own he thinking "Crap I rattled the big dogs cage now" I don't think Daddy Logano is dumb enough to try and take on Smoke
BTW is it my imagination or does Tony always have his helmet off when he is going to fight?

Loganos mistake was letting Tony get out of the car LOL
ImageImageImage
<<

muskrat

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:24 am

Well it did look like Joey was trying to walk the other way,
I would rather be hated for who I am than Loved for what I ain't
<<

eve

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:45 am

I haven't seen Tony that angry since he turned Jeff Gordon on pit road in April 2001 at Bristol. Joey has #### off the wrong person. Tony can make anything on the track look innocent. Joey better have a bodyguard at Martinsville. Now he has Tony, Denny and whoever else he has managed to #### off in the last couple of years just waiting to pounce. I know Joey is trying to establish himself as a contender, but to do what he did yesterday was just stupid. He could have wrecked the entire field with that stunt he pulled on Tony, Denny could have been seriously injured. Someone needs to sit that young man down and teach him the facts of life before he really hurts someone.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:12 pm

Penske bristles at "petty" criticism toward Logano

By JENNA FRYER (AP Auto Racing Writer) | The Associated Press

Roger Penske bristled Monday at ''petty'' barbs against Joey Logano for his wealthy upbringing and defended his driver in the fallout from Sunday's race at California that left Denny Hamlin in a hospital.

Logano was involved in a last-lap accident with Hamlin and then had a post-race altercation with Tony Stewart.

''Listen, Joey is a great driver and what happened at the end there wasn't anything more than hard racing,'' Penske told The Associated Press. ''I stand behind him and I think he's going to go down as one of the greatest drivers to ever race.''

Predictions like Penske's are one reason why it suddenly seems the garage has turned against the 22-year-old Logano, who came into NASCAR with Joe Gibbs Racing in 2008 with the nickname ''Sliced Bread.'' He'd risen rapidly through the racing ranks with the financial backing from his father, Tom, who used funds from the family's Connecticut waste management company to help his two children pursue their dreams.

Logano had the means to pursue a racing career, and was in Georgia racing quarter midgets at the age of 6 while his older sister chased a life of competitive ice skating.

Stewart took aim at that upbringing after Sunday's race, calling Logano ''nothing but a little rich kid that's never had to work in his life.'' The sentiment was amped up Monday when Patricia Driscoll, girlfriend of Kurt Busch, referred to Logano as (hash)TrustFundRacer in a series of tweets that accused him of reckless racing with ''no less than 5 drivers.''

''We were lucky that none of the others were hurt by his actions,'' Driscoll tweeted.

An agitated Penske thought the criticism was out of line.

''He's a solid young man and his family has supported him in racing as many families of professional athletes do in every sport,'' Penske said. ''Anyone who looks at that as a criticism, to focus on that is just petty.''

Penske also defended Logano for his television interview immediately after the race when Logano said of Hamlin; ''He probably shouldn't have done what he did last week, so that's what he gets.'' Fans have criticized Logano for the remark, accusing him of wishing harm to Hamlin, who spent Sunday night in a California hospital under observation with a potential back injury.

''That's a tough thing, Joey had no idea what the situation was with Denny when he was doing the interview,'' Penske said. ''It's one of those things that came out and taken out of context isn't what he meant. He can't take it back, but people are certainly blowing that up to mean something different than what he knew at the time.''

As for Stewart, who nearly came to blows with Logano on pit road before the two were separated by crew members because Stewart felt Logano had blocked him?

''The comments by Tony - he's one of the best blockers in the business,'' Penske said. ''I've watched the video, I've seen what happened, and there's nothing there that should be an issue.''
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:48 pm

http://www.lohud.com/usatoday/article/2018153

FONTANA, Calif. -- Denny Hamlin has been diagnosed with a broken back -- an L1 compression fracture -- following a crash on the last lap of Sunday's Auto Club 400.

Hamlin remained hospitalized near Auto Club Speedway on Monday, as he met with doctors to determine the extent of his injury. He wrecked while racing for the lead with rival Joey Logano, a former teammate who initiated the contact.

According to Austin Peyton, Hamlin's day-to-day business manager, Hamlin is hoping to be released from the hospital today and fly home this afternoon to North Carolina for further evaluation by Dr. Jerry Petty of Carolina Neurosurgery & Spine Associates later this week.

Hamlin is stable enough to return home, but Peyton said it is undetermined whether surgery will be needed or whether Hamlin might miss any races.

IndyCar Series driver Will Power suffered a compression fracture in his back in the October 2011 crash that killed Dan Wheldon at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Power was cleared to return to the car for a test less than four weeks later.

NASCAR's top-tier series is off this week for Easter and returns April 7 at Martinsville Speedway.

Hamlin was joined at the hospital overnight by right-hand man Peyton and Peyton's girlfriend, Rachel Rupert (Miss Coors Light). Hamlin's parents and girlfriend, Jordan Fish, did not make the trip to Fontana for the race and remained in North Carolina. Hamlin has a two-month-old daughter with Fish.

The feud between Hamlin and Logano started after the Daytona 500, when Hamlin sarcastically tweeted that Logano was a "genius" for "messing up the inside line" during the race.

Three weeks later, at Bristol, Hamlin nudged Logano into the wall after he felt Logano was cutting him off while racing for second place. Though Hamlin said he did not mean to cause damage to Logano's car, Logano was incensed and vowed to return the favor if he could.

After the race, Logano went to Hamlin's car to confront him, but was pulled away as crew members exchanged shoves.

Later, the two exchanged unpleasant tweets â?? which ended with Hamlin telling Logano to "hush little child."

The newfound rivalry carried over to Fontana, where Logano made it clear he was still angry despite Hamlin's expressed desire to move on.

Hamlin told reporters he regretted making a comment about Logano's ability to hang with him on the track, but Logano said he would race Hamlin "the way he raced me" and said there would be no resolution "until anyone says anything to me personally."

No one may expected the rivalry to manifest itself on the track Sunday, but that's exactly what happened. Hamlin, who started on the pole, and Logano battled side-by-side over the final few laps and were still clashing when Kyle Busch snuck by both on the high side for his first win of the season.

As Busch drove by, Logano drifted up into Hamlin and sent him toward the wall; Hamlin then had a violent collision with the inside retaining wall, where there was no SAFER barrier (or "soft wall") installed.

Logano, unaware of Hamlin's injury, suggested after the race that the driver got what he deserved for his actions at Bristol. Hamlin was airlifted to a local hospital, where he stayed overnight.

Hamlin has previously struggled with back problems; his father also has had a bad back, and Hamlin believes it's genetic. His back occasionally locks up, and he's undergone rehab and injections to try and make it better.

It's unclear whether the Fontana injury is connected to or exacerbated by Hamlin's existing back problems.

Follow Jeff Gluck on Twitter @jeff_gluck
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.

Return to Tony