FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Think Tonys latest interview

<<

TishR

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:57 pm

Re: Think Tonys latest interview

Joey will get his at the least expected time. Martinsville will be too obvious. It will happen further down the road.
Tish
<<

Taskforce14

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:58 pm

Well I typed this once and managed to delete it or something....I haven't been this pi$$ed during a race in a long time. Tony is taking a beating on Twitter for being a hypocrite because of the blocking nightmare he caused at Dega last year. The problem is, plate racing is different. You are talking split second decisions involving the draft. Tony took responsibility for that. Blocking at California though? And pushing someone down to the grass, that just seems ridiculous. I can't figure out how Logano put Denny in hospital and yet Stewart seems to be getting the most attention with much of it being negative. Worst is that it took a fantastic day by the 14 team that I'm thinking probably surprised some of you like it did me and completely flushed it down the toilet. I have to say I was furious that Fox didn't even mention Tony dropping back as far as he did. At the same time though, the race itself was fantastic....and it was California no less. If only Fox had shown more racing and less in car nonsense.
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:19 pm

Tony should have dumped Joey....instead Joey put a slow leak in Tony's tire......that is why he dropped back...trying to hang on to the car, so they could finish the race. As for Vickers.....tell me what a successful Sprint Cup driver he is.....he retaliated so much no one would hire him, maybe part time.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Cmarlow14

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:01 pm

Did anyone else notice the commentators face and his since of dread knowing he had to approach Tony before he calmed down?
Hoosier Momma
<<

#14smokefan

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:21 pm

Joey is a whiny, spolied brat. Sick of hearing him cry about everyone else. Tony should have just pushed his sorry a#s into the infield. Sure hope Denny is doing well! Prayers for Denny that he recovers quickly! I'm too furious to comment any further!
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:27 pm

I think it is high time that every driver that has had issues with Joey start taking turns putting him into the wall hard enough that he ends up with a DNF for each of those races.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:41 pm

Wasn't a shred of what Stewart said about the twerp that wasn't the truth. He summed him up perfectly.

After he sent Hamlin to the hospital I doubt life is gong to be easy for Logano going forward.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:18 pm

Penske would be better off putting gorilla tape over Logano's mouth and even then I am not sure what good it would do.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:38 pm

What is funny to me is that Joey seems scared of Tony, saying he was going to call him and all. Did like the fact that Tony said he wouldn't answer. I also liked the part where it seemed like Tony called him a B!tch...

Hush little child... :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

muskrat

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:11 am

Taskforce14 wrote:Well I typed this once and managed to delete it or something....I haven't been this pi$$ed during a race in a long time. Tony is taking a beating on Twitter for being a hypocrite because of the blocking nightmare he caused at Dega last year. The problem is, plate racing is different. You are talking split second decisions involving the draft. Tony took responsibility for that. Blocking at California though? And pushing someone down to the grass, that just seems ridiculous. I can't figure out how Logano put Denny in hospital and yet Stewart seems to be getting the most attention with much of it being negative. Worst is that it took a fantastic day by the 14 team that I'm thinking probably surprised some of you like it did me and completely flushed it down the toilet. I have to say I was furious that Fox didn't even mention Tony dropping back as far as he did. At the same time though, the race itself was fantastic....and it was California no less. If only Fox had shown more racing and less in car nonsense.

I Don't know what twitter feeds you follow, but most of the drivers understand Tony's anger, My only complaint was the little girl comment. Some us have good strong arms thank you very much ;)
I would rather be hated for who I am than Loved for what I ain't
<<

LeslieO

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:16 am

Cmarlow14 wrote:Did anyone else notice the commentators face and his since of dread knowing he had to approach Tony before he calmed down?

Yep. ;)
<<

LeslieO

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:22 am

muskrat wrote:
Taskforce14 wrote:Well I typed this once and managed to delete it or something....I haven't been this pi$$ed during a race in a long time. Tony is taking a beating on Twitter for being a hypocrite because of the blocking nightmare he caused at Dega last year. The problem is, plate racing is different. You are talking split second decisions involving the draft. Tony took responsibility for that. Blocking at California though? And pushing someone down to the grass, that just seems ridiculous. I can't figure out how Logano put Denny in hospital and yet Stewart seems to be getting the most attention with much of it being negative. Worst is that it took a fantastic day by the 14 team that I'm thinking probably surprised some of you like it did me and completely flushed it down the toilet. I have to say I was furious that Fox didn't even mention Tony dropping back as far as he did. At the same time though, the race itself was fantastic....and it was California no less. If only Fox had shown more racing and less in car nonsense.

I Don't know what twitter feeds you follow, but most of the drivers understand Tony's anger, My only complaint was the little girl comment. Some us have good strong arms thank you very much ;)

Yeah, Tony wouldn't want me throwing something at him. ;)

I don't follow Twitter much but it does seem like most drivers understand Tony's anger and/or outright have supported his comments. I am seeing (and getting from friends ;) ) a lot of comments about Tony being a hypocrite from fans, though. I tried to explain to one friend how the two situations were different and that just made it worse. Ah well....

IMO the two blocking situations were different and I can understand Tony being angry with Joey, also am not suprised that other drivers are being supportive of Tony as I agree that Joey needs to be taught a few lessons... I do wish Tony had not made it as personal as he did with his comments, though. It makes it seem like a situation where Tony just doesn't like him and is taking a chance to bad mouth him. I know that's not the case, but it just gives a bad impression. That's ok, though...I'm used to people having a bad impression...and setting them straight. ;)
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:29 am

I am pretty sure Tony doesnt like him right now ;)
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:03 pm

I don't think Tony ever liked him, to be honest. Those Home Depot commercials with Tony handing over the 20 car were just marketing. I don't think Tony has much, if any, respect for drivers that he doesn't believe has "paid their dues"... Tony's worked hard to get where he is so I can understand his attitude. Some might not like it, but too bad. He has worked very hard and I'd probably be the same way.

I did think Joey deserved the 22 ride and I still do, but he's not handling this very well and I can only hope Roger sets him straight. With only a 2 car team, he doesn't need half the drivers in the series to be gunning for Joey every week.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:07 pm

I think brad is smart for not getting involved. That guy has came a long way from a couple years ago.
ImageImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Tony