FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

TV BLOG - Regular Television Shows

<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:56 pm

Re: TV BLOG - Regular Television Shows

http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... 22,00.html

Here is the link to this weeks preview of the episode of Last Man Standing with Jonathan Taylor Thomas. I have not laughed this hard in along time.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

LeslieO

Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:23 pm

smokieonefour wrote:Just goes to show ya - the world can go to sh!t ....where everyone needs to get along... but there's ALWAYS a horse's behind in the group somewhere.... LOL

:lol: So true.

I have caught The Talking Dead a couple times and really enjoyed it. I will have to watch that pit scene again; that's really interesting. Funny thing is, I'm a night owl, so you'd think I'd watch Walking Dead 'live' and then catch Talking Dead right after, but for some reason I always let WD record. I guess I just like to watch it later, so I can zoom through the commercials. :lol:

I have not read the comics but I have a friend who has. He doesn't tell me much because he says it's better if I don't compare as I watch, but we have gone through after the first two seasons and then discussed how the show has differed from certain parts of the comics. It does seem like they are very different, only the most broad story arcs are the same.

I find the show fascinating overall but I am getting tired of this standoff with the Governor/town, too. I was also frustrated with all in fighting and 'drama' at the farm last season. At first I liked it because it showed how there was still a lot of 'humanity' left, still love triangles and jealousies and bickering, etc. But it was too much after a while and I was also one of the few people who seemed to like Shane and I was sorry they took him to the level they did. I know he was there to help Rick's development as a character but I kind of wished they had done that without having to make Shane totally go off the deep end. Still even as written he was one of the most interesting characters to me. He was the most "real" in many ways; yes he did some bad things, yes he turned on his best friend, but it was fascinating because it was all because he couldn't handle what the world had become. People hated him but I always saw him as tragic (obnoxious, dangerous but tragic); in many ways he was one of the weakest people in the group even though he thought he was strong.

Anyway, making a note to see Bates Motel in the next few days.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:10 pm

you dont wanna poke this bear smokie.... :lol: :lol:
<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:16 pm

Yes I do … < poke – poke >

You can say bear .. and you can say smokie... in one sentence... but smokie the bear, I aint. ;-)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
OK … stop looking at me, MJ! You're making me laugh! Stop it! Stop making silly faces! I'm trying to get serious here... ahem.... because I guess nobody appreciates comedy … LOL and tell a few more interesting facts from the Walking Dead, that I learned. :-)

Accents -

The actors who play “The Gov'na” and Rick both have real British accents.
For them to talk “Southern American” - they are doing an “accent” to them.
Gal who plays Maggie is from Australia and she has a natural Australian accent that she too, has to cover up.

The guy who plays 'The Gov'na' – when he first got the role... studied Bill Clinton films, because he wanted the character to walk, talk, drawl, drool ( :shock: ) & have mannerisms that matched Bill Clinton. He apparently really draws upon this when the The Gov'na talks to the crowds or is trying to convince someone of something. Watch & listen to him – now knowing this – and see if you see or hear it. ;-)

The show has had numerous cuts for when any one of them, 'flubs' a line or word and or their natural accent is heard. Now it's supposed to be like a game between them – who gets caught next? - and no one wants to get caught.

Zombies & Background “Extra's

Each person that has ever played a zombie is given a number … and is only referred to & called by that number. No names are ever uttered, to zombies directly in scenes or the background.
IE: “Cut! #47 – stop the exaggerated limp and walk as you were shown.” ( LOL )

For scenes with large numbers of zombies, the director has a zombie cheat sheet or master list of the zombies numbers so he can refer to them.
IE: #47 is the second on the outside left, moving forward...

Just interesting that these people never get called by their given name at “work.” ;-)

In the beginning of the series... some of the people who had other jobs on the show were given roles as zombies and background zombies, to fill in. Now the show is soooo popular, everyone wants to be a zombie! Currently the show has all they need and entry is “won” by a lottery or contest, which has proven to be super popular. Nobody wants to get “fired” as a zombie extra, so those folks are always on their toes, to be good.

Every zombie has to first go to a zombie school, where they are taught some basics and how-to. From there, they can help pick out clothes & “personalize” their zombie, but are never allowed to “ad-lib” anything, ever. They also have to sit and watch the make up process, before it happens to them and go thru allergy tests of the substances used, ahead of time.

Guy who plays Daryl, goes off on his motorcycle and rides for long hours, by himself, between scenes.

People often forget that Herschel is actually a veterinarian and not a medical doctor, on the show.
All his scenes are "green-screened back grounds" so they can remove his missing leg, on the show.

There is a major fare-well party when a big cast member goes … and a minor one for smaller characters, but everybody who gets killed – except zombies - gets a good-bye party, one way or another.

Hmmm.... that's about all I can think of at this time.... If anyone else knows any inside info on the show, please... join in. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:27 am

BATES MOTEL -

Doh! Darn you guys! :x That's an hour I'll never get back again! LOL

OK... Ewwww...

Ewww to the creepy mother - son relationship

Ewww to the TOO graphic... um... "2nd kitchen scene." That really pushed the limits of TV and was, quite frankly, difficult to watch. The "found book" images are disturbing, as is the end of the show.

Ewww to the cop who didn't wash his hands! But he DID jiggle it. :-O

What's to dissect about the first scene? She killed him, and based on her later statement of "When you were born, I was given a second chance" - has probably did it before that. LOL

I seriously doubt I'll be watching this show again. Thanks for recommending it but - Sorry - I didn't care for it, one bit. :-(
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:19 am

dont judge, im sure Tony went to the bathroom and didnt wash his hands, pfwwwww, u wil watch the 2nd show and like it
<<

smokieonefour

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:11 pm

Doh! No I won't!

I will not watch it on a box... I will not watch it with a fox!

I will not watch it here or there... I will not watch it anywhere!

I do not like it, can't you understand?
I do not like it, MJ-I-am....

hee hee hee
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

tlmerk

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:33 am

Haha!
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:16 pm

Wow... i got a lil dizzy & confused about where to post this... but no worries, I remembered. ;-)

This will def be a SPOILER post, so don't read if you haven't seen....

WALKING DEAD

Wow! That was another stellar show!

OMG - I can't believe they killed off Merle! I really came to like him. After he lets Michone go... does his thing for the group ( take out as many of the bad guys who will come after the group, as he can ) ... he gets killed by the Gov'na? Who lets him turn and then Daryl has to kill him again? Killed twice in one show! Wow! LOL

Glen... that engagement was so weak... LOL Good thing Maggie understands... :-)

Good-bye to the Rick-tatorship... as he said it himself - He's no Gov'na of any one.
Lori is back, in his visions, only more real - regular clothes & PG ....
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

LeslieO

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:25 am

Smokie- I loved this week's episode, too. I'm intrigued by the trailer for the finale next week, exactly what they'll choose to do. I sometimes seek out spoilers but I think I will stay away this time and be surprised.

I wasn't so sure about Rick's speech/ end of the Ricktatorship. They need a leader and I'm a big Rick "fan"; I think he's been a good leader. But, a leader who sees things and who isn't thinking clearly...I guess they don't need that. ;) (I was disappointed that Rick was originally considering turning over Michonne, not so much because of the moral question it poses-- though that's big-- but because I was disappointed that he thought there was a chance the Governor would stick to the agreement and back off. Rick is smarter than that. But, this was an illustration of how he's not thinking clearly and feeling desperate, which I understand. I will try not to be too disappointed. ;) It's actually realistic.) Declaring the group back to a democracy is probably a good move at this point; people have certainly noticed his issues and this will help put a stop to any doubts/worries/ mutiny ;)

Merle- Wow is right. He was an interesting character who I will miss. I did manage to see Talking Dead this time and Michael Rooker says his plan was not a suicide mission in his opinon, but it sure came across that way on screen. Regardless Merle at least had to realize it was likely he'd be killed or at least captured, but maybe being Merle he had confidence he'd make it. 8-) ;)
<<

LeslieO

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:26 am

Anyone watch Justified? Looking forward to that tonight!
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:25 pm

Wow Leslie... I'm glad you saw that too - why would Rick think, if gave Michone over, that the Gov'na would keep his word? I think that kind of shows, he should be out of the running as Leader. But yes... they DO need a new leader. Who tho? Hmm... I think maybe Herschel... ? ?

I love Timothy Olyphant and try to watch most of what he does ... but just haven't been able to "like" Justified so far. :-(
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

LeslieO

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:39 am

Herschel would be a good leader (I'm worried he may not be around much longer, though). Hopefully he will continue to be a confidante for Rick and he can serve as a de factor leader of sorts if nothing else...give counsel to Rick, keep him in check, lead the voting/decision making if it really does go back to a democracy. I love Rick and I am interested to see where they take his character. Will he continue to crack and step away from leading, or will he bounce back?

I also really wonder what they will do with the baby. It's awful to think but I don't think it's realistic that she would survive. But it's television...

I wasn't too sure about Justified at first but now I love it. Make that LOVE. They do go a little over the top with the 'witty' stuff, though, sometimes. I love Olyphant, too, and it's a perfect role for him. Sometimes they give him too much "clever dialogue" though and he just comes across as obnoxious to me. There was one episode this season that I hated because I kept thinking the whole time "Who does he think he is? Man, I'd hate him if I had to work with him". :lol: Overall I love the show, though. It's kind of ridiculous in ways, but it's a lot of fun and there's a lot of great acting. Boyd is fascinating.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:00 pm

Wow... the season end of The Walking Dead was great! :-) Mostly because it's the end of sappy, happy, everybody-should-hug-always Andrea. LOL Sorry, but I didn't really care for her character in the end - the choices she made, the decisions and such. Yeah she was great and noble... for the real world... but that stuff don't go in the zombie apocalypse. LOL What was the ( true ) line?

"Kill or die .... or die and kill." LOL You can't play nice with that logic. LOL

I thought the Carl story was extremely interesting, in a few different ways. The killing ... and then the talk with Dad. A lot of people saw it as Carl thru the badge at Rick, like he didn't want it anymore... but I saw it as Carl telling Rick - Here, go do the voo doo you used to do. Carl is growing up too fast. :-(

The Gov'na.... OK WOW... didn't see that coming! A friend of mine said "Well you know he's infected, right?" I said "They're ALL infected... even the actors who come on the show Talking Dead say so"....but... friend went on to make the point... that when Michone jabbed his eye out - she jabbed IN the infection... like no one else has had happen to them. No one else has had the zombie blood put inside them. If a walker bites you, you're toast ... but no one else on the show has had the zombie stuff put inside their blood stream and live. Interesting point... but I don't remember what she jabbed him with... wasn't it just a piece of glass?

Somebody on the Talking Dead show messaged: Because Rick saw Lori PG ... does that mean that she & Shane have hooked up in the after-life?" Ha ha ha that's soooo bad! LOL
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

tlmerk

Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:50 pm

Whoa... the Bates Motel is getting creepier and weirder with each episode. The older brother seems to be the most normal one for now. Dang the cop (won't say which one) turning out to be what he turned out to be.....
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby