FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Lo-no-go

<<

ndunn

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:05 pm

Re: Lo-no-go

Last edited by ndunn on Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:38 pm

Wow... lot's of interesting opinions here. :-)

Here's my 2 cents -

1) Every pit crew member is there to protect his driver - regardless. Period, end of discussion. What ever a pit crew member does to a "charging angry driver" is within bounds. Ask anyone on a pit crew if protecting your driver at all costs is part of their job description.

2) Everyone, including drivers should know by now... take a breath, take a walk, take a moment ... but CHILL, in front of the camera's. Everything can be discussed, hashed out, fought out later, away from the public eyes. All owners should punish "angry drivers" who go to another's camp, with an agenda. Just should not be allowed. For everyone who says "This is part of NASCAR & it's history" ... I would reply so was racism. Just because it "was" ... doesn't make it right, today.

3) I always thought Joey was hyped by the media and just did not or was not able to, deliver the goods. He has some issues going on - 1) "Soccer Dad" - probably the funniest and 2) his trying so hard to earn / get respect, from being a "gentle" person, in his nature.

4) I like Denny's stance and then turn, on the free speech issue... but don't much care for him as a driver or the public persona, shown to me by the media. I like how he stood up and spoke out on speaking out... you GO Denny! and then liked the way he said the argument was getting in the way of a lot of things that affected other people and he felt he had to move on. I can totally respect that, the honesty and the courage. I suspect maybe coach Gibbs had *something* to do with his change. ;-) But I always felt he acts like a small man with a chip on his shoulder and a smug and sometimes surely attitude.

Does anyone have change for a nickle, for my 2 cents? I might need that 3 cents in the near future... :o
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:08 pm

smokieonefour wrote:Wow... lot's of interesting opinions here. :-)

Here's my 2 cents -

1) Every pit crew member is there to protect his driver - regardless. Period, end of discussion. What ever a pit crew member does to a "charging angry driver" is within bounds. Ask anyone on a pit crew if protecting your driver at all costs is part of their job description.

2) Everyone, including drivers should know by now... take a breath, take a walk, take a moment ... but CHILL, in front of the camera's. Everything can be discussed, hashed out, fought out later, away from the public eyes. All owners should punish "angry drivers" who go to another's camp, with an agenda. Just should not be allowed. For everyone who says "This is part of NASCAR & it's history" ... I would reply so was racism. Just because it "was" ... doesn't make it right, today.

3) I always thought Joey was hyped by the media and just did not or was not able to, deliver the goods. He has some issues going on - 1) "Soccer Dad" - probably the funniest and 2) his trying so hard to earn / get respect, from being a "gentle" person, in his nature.

4) I like Denny's stance and then turn, on the free speech issue... but don't much care for him as a driver or the public persona, shown to me by the media. I like how he stood up and spoke out on speaking out... you GO Denny! and then liked the way he said the argument was getting in the way of a lot of things that affected other people and he felt he had to move on. I can totally respect that, the honesty and the courage. I suspect maybe coach Gibbs had *something* to do with his change. ;-) But I always felt he acts like a small man with a chip on his shoulder and a smug and sometimes surely attitude.

Does anyone have change for a nickle, for my 2 cents? I might need that 3 cents in the near future... :o

100% agree with your #1. I would never allow another person to get in my drivers window in anger ever. Nor should any crew member.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:51 pm

Betcha didn't see this coming did yah Kennseth? :lol: :lol: :lol: Poor Matt!
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing