FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How much did that suck?

<<

lmalley

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:54 pm

How much did that suck?

Sorry, guys, but I'm so tired of watching Tony's day go to c*** every stinking week! How many laps did it take this week? 6? Geez! Send me the crying towel, Jimmy. I know Bristol is not a good track for him, but he barely got started and boom. I know I'm a whiner, but when Tony doesn't have chance in heck, its hard to root for someone else. Sigh....but there's a long way to go yet. Thanks, I feel better now.
<<

rckblykitn

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:42 pm

Re: How much did that suck?

that sucked BAD. I was so mad that I almost didn't watch the rest of the race but I couldn't find anything else on worth watching. I actually ended up falling asleep through most of the rest, woke up right when they went to Kahne's victory lane celebration.

The thing that bothered me so much was how did he cut down a tire 9 laps into the race?? DW thought he may have gotten into someone (Truex? I forget) but when they showed the replay it didn't really look like it. I was listening to Tony's radio and no one said boo about the tire which I thought was weird, especially with Tony's past gripes with Goodyear.

California is always boring but hopefully it will be better to Smoke than Bristol has been!! On to the next one...
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means being cocky once in a while, have at it." ~Tony Stewart
<<

HTower

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:30 pm

Could have been debris on the track from someone else getting together. Seems like we change in fortune. Time to start making voodoo dolls? ;)
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:33 am

That was frickin' miserable. Had such high hopes for the day and after 12 of 500 laps it's dashed. Absolutely sickening. Of course it was about as sickening in 2008 when Harvick wrecked him with like four to go in regulation and caused a GWC.

It's been a long time since I flipped off a race before it was over (unless it was the last lap like the '04 and '08 Daytona 500s) but I came awfully close today.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:43 am

seemed many had tires issues, wonder if GY will change it up for the summer race.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

LeslieO

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:05 am

A friend and I have been joking that we're waiting for Tony's next Goodyear rant. :twisted: ;) All three SHR cars have had tires blow so far and yes, there have been others with tire problems. That's just how it goes sometimes, a cut tire, debris, whatever, but it sure is frustrating.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:24 pm

Sometimes you're the windshield ... and sometimes you're the bug....
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:28 pm

smokieonefour wrote:Sometimes you're the windshield ... and sometimes you're the bug....

Sometimes you're the fire hydrant....sometimes you're the dog :lol:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:19 pm

It was bad. It was really bad. The only thing that made it somewhat tolerable was the scuffle between former teammates post race!

Far be it for me to start any trouble but.....is it me or does every time a new lady friend appear on TV during the anthem does the racing suck? Big time?

And I was listening to his radio....Bob and Steve both asked if he thought he had a tire going down....an unfortunate set of circumstances YES.
Last edited by onerockindoc on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

awsum14

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:17 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:
smokieonefour wrote:Sometimes you're the windshield ... and sometimes you're the bug....

Sometimes you're the fire hydrant....sometimes you're the dog :lol:

:lol: :lol: Your to much, MW :lol: :lol:
I'm going to have to remember that one
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:19 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sometimes you're the pigeon and sometimes your the statue!!.... :lol:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

..for those of you who had scanner's he was quite funny and wasn't up set at all. Actually he finished better than I thought he would went from 43 to 31....a couple more wrecks who knows maybe a top ten.. :lol: :lol:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

rjsaunders

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:26 pm

Yeah, it really sucked!!!

California is this week, hope it's hot on Sunday!!!!!

He likes those slick hot tracks!!!
<<

tlooney14

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:55 pm

well it sucked :| but he did get 31st :?
TLooney14
...settling for second, you might as well kiss your aunt with a hairy mustache. - Tony Stewart
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:17 pm

some speculations was maybe he started with the pressures to low. I guess a couple cars had that speculations. Ryans spotter warned Ryan the 14 was slow, when Ryan went past, he reported that Tony had a left rear flat. Of course a lap later Tony spun. So it didnt help any.

Wonder where his tire pressures were over what the GY recommended pressures were.
ImageImageImage
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:50 pm

onerockindoc wrote:Far be it for me to start any trouble but.....is it me or does every time a new lady friend appear on TV during the anthem does the racing suck? Big time?

Doc...don't make me smack you... ;) :lol: :lol: ... :|
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
Next

Return to Tony