FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

TV BLOG - Regular Television Shows

<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:23 pm

TV BLOG - Regular Television Shows

This thread here will be for any of those "scripted" shows.

I have a bunch of regulars that I like to watch.

Hawaii 5 O
NCIS
Person of Interest
CSI NY
Blue Bloods
Chicago Fire
Last Man Standing

when looking at re-runs it would have to be Knight Rider.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

rckblykitn

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:34 pm

Re: TV BLOG - Regular Television Shows

Love Hawaii 5-0!!

I also watch regularly:
The Mentalist (it's on now so it was the first one I thought of)
Family Guy
The Office
2 Broke Girls
Mike & Molly
Parks & Recreation
Big Bang Theory
Law & Order SVU

I was really liking Do No Harm, but looks like it only lasted 2 episodes before NBC gave it the ax! :(

I'm also a sucker for almost any design show on HGTV or DIY channel!
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means being cocky once in a while, have at it." ~Tony Stewart
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:42 am

dont watch much tv... but when i do

its local news
Erin Burnett
hockey
American Dad
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:18 pm

BIG BANG THEORY -

I think it was CS L/Wolf who said he liked the Big Bang Theory and I too, just LOVE this show! :-)

All the actors are funny in their own right,... but Sheldon is my fave. Who ever writes for the character either has an "autistic" ( umbrella term ) child, or is very close to one. There is no way they can capture the aspects of it, without first hand knowledge. To most, I'm sure Sheldon seems very odd - but to those of us in the trenches, we get so much hidden humor that a lot probably don't see or get. That's what makes this show such a favorite too, the fact that this kind of person gets out and is seen world wide... and in a funny & positive light. :-)

I think it's a real good cast of characters, played by a great cast of actors. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:51 pm

Mrs HH & I have been watching The Following from the beginning. But, sometimes we have trouble following, "The Following." You can't go to the bathroom or the fridge and miss parts. :? :?

We'll be watching tonight, along with Bones & Castle.
Last edited by HiddenHollow on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:52 pm

Anger Management
Not all season,but anything i'll watch outside the NHL and Racing
Justified
Sons of Anarchy
Walking Dead
Dallas
<<

tlmerk

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:04 pm

I like the reality shows: Survivor
Top Shot
Big Brother (okay, I admit that with some embarrassment)
Celebrity Apprentice and
Top Chef

Dramas I record are: Hawaii 5-0,
Merlin (on BBC),
Haven (scyfy),
Grimm
Once Upon a Time

LOVED Longmire but I don't think it's coming back. I tend to go days without watching TV and then watch all the recorded stuff on my days off. Used to watch the Walking Dead and I LOVE zombie movies but just lost interest I guess. Ditto with The Vampire Diaries which has just gotten too weird and dark.

COMEDIES: New Girl
Awkward on MTV
Last Man Standing!

Favorite show of all time?

Toss up between Fire Fly and October Road or maybe Northern Exposure? None of which lasted too long.

Can't stand: Grey's Anatomy. Hubby watches it and I leave the room. Don't know why. UGH.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:19 am

smokieonefour wrote:BIG BANG THEORY -

I think it was CS L/Wolf who said he liked the Big Bang Theory and I too, just LOVE this show! :-)

All the actors are funny in their own right,... but Sheldon is my fave. Who ever writes for the character either has an "autistic" ( umbrella term ) child, or is very close to one. There is no way they can capture the aspects of it, without first hand knowledge. To most, I'm sure Sheldon seems very odd - but to those of us in the trenches, we get so much hidden humor that a lot probably don't see or get. That's what makes this show such a favorite too, the fact that this kind of person gets out and is seen world wide... and in a funny & positive light. :-)

I think it's a real good cast of characters, played by a great cast of actors. :-)

Love it.......I thought Sheldon had OCD with a very high IQ.... I think it is very well written...and
it makes me laugh! Love the kitty song....

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:06 am

Favorite show of all time?

Toss up between Fire Fly and October Road or maybe Northern Exposure? None of which lasted too long.

now that is a tough one... toss up between the honeymooners and seinfeld..
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:08 am

wolfgang wrote:Anger Management
Not all season,but anything i'll watch outside the NHL and Racing
Justified
Sons of Anarchy
Walking Dead
Dallas

i havent watched the walkin dead, but everyone i know raves about it, ill have to check it out.
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:37 am

I don't usually watch TV unless it's a movie. I'm dull, so I'll have to go with
The Weather Channel
Too Cute - Kittens
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

BlackFlag

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:24 am

I don't really watch much TV. But each week I like to watch:

Saturday Night Live
Go On
Body of Proof
Parks and Rec

That's it.
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

Jellikit

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:57 am

Currently, I've been enjoying The Vikings series on the History Channel.
I like a lot of history stuff. When we moved here to DC area a couple years ago, I got into all the war stuff on the Military channel because we didn't have the channel in FL. I would have it on while we were going to sleep. One day, the wife says, "can we watch something else? I'm having dreams that we're being attacked by Nazi's." I had to laugh as I myself had a dream of the exact same thing the night before. :D

I'm also trying to give the new Bates Motel a try. The first episode last night was okay, but it needs to get better soon or I won't be long for it.

The Simpsons and The Office are series we have even on DVD. But the Office has gone down hill since Steve Carrel's departure.
The Big Bang Theory is great. Didn't realize that Sheldon is 40. He did an interview just the other night on Kimmel or Letterman...they talked about the writing on the show. They have science consultants and a regular guy who directs all the science stuff. Pretty good interview.

Right now my favorite show is Duck Dynasty, but I guess that is a reality show, so I'll go to that thread. ;)
<<

smokieonefour

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Annalee wrote:
smokieonefour wrote:BIG BANG THEORY -

Love it.......I thought Sheldon had OCD with a very high IQ.... I think it is very well written...and
it makes me laugh! Love the kitty song....

I found this off of Wiki -

"Sheldon is a Caltech theoretical physicist who shares an apartment with his colleague and best friend, Leonard Hofstadter (Johnny Galecki). Sheldon exhibits a strict adherence to routine, a total lack of social skills, a tenuous understanding of irony, sarcasm, and humor, and a general lack of humility or empathy. He is vocal about his own superior intellect compared to all around him. These characteristics provide the majority of the humor involving him, which has caused him to be described as the show's breakout character.[2][3][4][5] Despite speculation that Sheldon's personality traits may be consistent with Asperger syndrome, obsessive–compulsive personality disorder and asexuality;[4][6] co-creator Bill Prady has repeatedly stated that Sheldon's character was not conceived nor developed with regard to any of these conditions.[7]"

I find it hard to believe this character does not have Asperger's... LOL but you may be right Annalee. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

smokieonefour

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:14 pm

I tried the Bates Motel... and it was boring as heck.

I've been watching the Walking Dead since it started and the show after it - The Talking Dead, for lots of show insider info. Love both shows and can comment weekly on each new episode. :-)

I guess the majority of my TV watching would go to The Science, History, Military, Discovery, Nat Geo & PBS channels. That's the majority of what I watch. I love to learn. :-)

I tried to get into the Vikings, as I love Norse history... but like "The Bible" ... it just didn't grab me or hold my attention. :-(
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Next

Return to The Lobby