FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica not interested in F1

<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:56 am

Danica not interested in F1

Friday at Bristol Motor Speedway, #10-Danica Patrick addresses recent comments by Formula One chief Bernie Ecclestone that he would like her to run F1:
DID YOU SEE BERNIE ECCLESTONE'S COMMENTS YESTERDAY? "Yes I did see something about Bernie's comments and they sounded complimentary. It looked like he was kind of acknowledging my ability to drive a car. So that was kind."
ANY THOUGHTS? WOULD YOU EVER WANT TO TRY IT (FORMULA ONE RACING)? "I've always said that unless that it would be something I would want to do for real, as in race a Formula One car, I don't see any point in testing it. It is a lot or work to get fitted in the car comfortable enough to go drive it. Then as a driver, for me at least, I run the risk of what if it doesn't go well, and then people judge me for that. So, unless it was something that I was really serious, I wouldn't do it. I will say that Bernie over the years has actually sent a lot of messages. Any kind of big high point that happens in my career, whether it be at Indy, or Daytona now, or winning in Japan  things like that, he has sent messages. He even sent me like a big picture one time that was signed by him. He's actually been really nice. I don't necessarily think that his comments a long while back are representative of his opinion of me."(Chevy PR)(3-16-2013)

seems like this thread is dead...
I miss you Frehley........
<<

HTower

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: Danica not interested in F1

ANY THOUGHTS? WOULD YOU EVER WANT TO TRY IT (FORMULA ONE RACING)? "I've always said that unless that it would be something I would want to do for real, as in race a Formula One car, I don't see any point in testing it. It is a lot or work to get fitted in the car comfortable enough to go drive it. Then as a driver, for me at least, I run the risk of what if it doesn't go well, and then people judge me for that. So, unless it was something that I was really serious, I wouldn't do it.

The part in bold strikes me as a perfectly reasonable statement. Only spend the time and effort if you're serious about it.

The part before it is her paying way too much attention to fans who doubt her(such as me) and the media. I hope she doesn't let fans and the media make her career choices for her.

Did anyone else think that the guy from F1 is being stalker-ish? He's been pursuing her for years, and it is sounding a little creepy.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:59 pm

She's gettin' a little "old" to try it at this point, most are done by their mid 30's over there.
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:23 am

i dont think anyone would have taken her serious when she was first over there when she was 16.
<<

jamo14

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:50 pm

I'm just glad F1 is back on.
The Aussie Grand Prix was a good'n
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

smoke14rulez

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:52 pm

jamo14 wrote:I'm just glad F1 is back on.

Well, look who it is... :D BTW, I agree...once I figured out it wasn't on Speed... :roll:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

jamo14

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:55 pm

I poke my head out of the ground every once in awhile.
In fact, I had to go to last week's browser history to find this place :D
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

HTower

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:18 am

jamo14 wrote:I poke my head out of the ground every once in awhile.
In fact, I had to go to last week's browser history to find this place :D

They have these things caled "bookmarks" I think they were added with the most recent releases of FireFox, InternetExplorer and Chrome. You should make one for the website :mrgreen:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:37 am

smoke14rulez wrote:
jamo14 wrote:I'm just glad F1 is back on.

Well, look who it is... :D BTW, I agree...once I figured out it wasn't on Speed... :roll:

ya that nite i couldnt sleep, i happen to find it by luck, really surprised speed lost on that....

Return to Danica