FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Favorite Smoke Moment..

<<

dirt93

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:47 pm

Re: Favorite Smoke Moment..

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at the NASCAR hauler between Smoke and kurt busch.
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:13 pm

wolfgang wrote:
smokieonefour wrote:I kinda like this moment too - - at the 23 sec mark ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dgNf6eTfuM

I shouldn't have gone there,i spent an hour in it! :lol:

Hee hee hee at least it's not just me.... LOL

So many clips to watch! :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:22 am

My gosh, hard to pick just one. Hopefully it hasn't happened yet (hint hint).

Seeing him at the Chevy Stage doing a Q&A at Atlanta in 2011 was awesome. Even though the race got rained out and I didn't get to go, it was a terrific experience because I got to see the guy in person. Probably as close as I'll ever get, since I'd have a heart attack if I got near enough to say anything.

As for on-track, I still get chills when I watch the last 11 laps of the 2005 Brickyard 400.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

TuffyDog20

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:15 am

I really liked the first time he made the climb up on the fence. Everyone in the stands, announcer booths, watching on TV were all saying to themselves, "what the heck is Tony doing now?" I was laughing my behind off watching the fans reactions. I have been a fan for many years and I love his attitude and his spunk. Although I did enjoy watching him throw his helmet at Gordon last year. :D
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:05 am

He threw his helmet at Kenseth, not Gordon.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:55 am

TuffyDog20 wrote:I really liked the first time he made the climb up on the fence. Everyone in the stands, announcer booths, watching on TV were all saying to themselves, "what the heck is Tony doing now?"

As far as racing moment goes that is right up there with the '05 Brickyard and the '11 Ford 400. I was so thrilled I was shaking because it was his first points-paying restrictor plate win and it was an absolute beatdown in favor of the 20 (pole, 151 of the 160 laps led, never passed on track) and then he climbs the fence. Then he hops out of the car and this exchange ensues.

Allen Bestwick: I, uh, I take it by your actions, sir, that you're a little bit happy to win at Daytona.
Tony Stewart: Yeah but I'm too #### fat to be climbing fences.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

<<

#14smokefan

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:44 am

Mine was the championship in 2011. Watching him beat out Edwards in Miami to win it was awesome! Always enjoy when Subway boy loses! :lol: That whole season I think was one of several where Tony showed how much of a fierce competitor he is!
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:03 am

The more I think about it, and think about all the crap people said in 2008 when he announced the move and all this junk about how he was done, he'd be lucky to win two races the rest of his career, he'd never make another Chase, the way he thumbed his nose in the face of the doubters and all the idiots who said he couldn't do it over the course of 2009 and then with the 2011 title, I think those might be my favorites. It's hilarious to look back on all the crap that was flung in Tony and his fans' direction from when the Haas rumors first broke the week of the spring 2008 Talladega race up through the '08-09 off-season.

I remember saying more than once in 2009, might have said it here some too, that "eventually people will learn to quit doubting Tony Stewart." Granted they may get their first chance to see him proven wrong with his new protege in the 10 but he always makes the right decision (in terms of his career and businesses, obviously some of his own-track decisions can be questioned).

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:40 am

Smoke14TS wrote:The more I think about it, and think about all the crap people said in 2008 when he announced the move and all this junk about how he was done, he'd be lucky to win two races the rest of his career, he'd never make another Chase, the way he thumbed his nose in the face of the doubters and all the idiots who said he couldn't do it over the course of 2009 and then with the 2011 title, I think those might be my favorites. It's hilarious to look back on all the crap that was flung in Tony and his fans' direction from when the Haas rumors first broke the week of the spring 2008 Talladega race up through the '08-09 off-season.

I remember saying more than once in 2009, might have said it here some too, that "eventually people will learn to quit doubting Tony Stewart." Granted they may get their first chance to see him proven wrong with his new protege in the 10 but he always makes the right decision (in terms of his career and businesses, obviously some of his own-track decisions can be questioned).

I was one of those guys thinking it was a huge mistake for his "racing" career to move to SHR, but with what he has done, I think that move cements him as one of the best in the sport. You often here about top drivers, yeah but if so & so were on another team would he be that good. Well Tony answered that question. He did indeed make me eat some crow. :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

Jellikit

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:09 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:my favorite moment I dont think Tony fans would like.

When he dove down to the inside late in the 2008 Daytona 500 to try & pick up Kyle as a drafting partner, opening the lead up for Ryan!

Looking through some old threads again.

I'll never forget this race. I told my buddy w/ about 2.5 laps to go, "If Ryan gets a push, he can win this thing!"
Then I blew his eardrums out, and pretty much lost my voice for a day or two. It was funny when my neighbor across the street knocked and asked if everything was alright. ;)
Still wear the 2008 Daytona Champ shirt from time to time.

I'd say my favorite smoke moment was Indy also. It's not usually the best race, but as someone who first got into racing watching AJ Foyt (still my fav. driver ever) at the Indy 500 when my dad lived there, this was special.
<<

eve

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:00 pm

My favorite Smoke moment goes back to April 2001. I was trying to figure out who to follow after Dale Sr.'s death. Jr. wasn't cutting it, so I just kind of watched a lot of drivers. Then the spring race at Bristol came. Jeff Gordon decided that Tony was going to be his whipping boy for the race. After the race, as everyone was going down pit road, Tony turned Jeff Gordon around just as slick as could be. The crowd went wild, you could hear it on T.V. As a Dale Sr. fan hating Jeff Gordon was part of the deal. When Tony did that, I became his fan and had remained his fan ever since. I watched him win all three of his championships, but that moment in the Spring at Bristol in April 2001 sealed it for me.
<<

Fear the Redhead

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:03 pm

Watching him climb the fence for the first time in Daytona, july 2005 at around 2 am after tons of thunderstorms and the night from ####, it was the perfect ending to a long LONG night. (People tend to get really drunk and crtazed during rain delays and there is not enough room under the stands at Daytona to hold everyone. for those who braved the long wet night, it was MAGIC!!!

Women who behave, rerely make history!!
Previous

Return to Tony