FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WEEKLY PICKS

<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: WEEKLY PICKS

It ain't no laughing matter when the police get involved with neighbors and teenagers. :evil: :oops:
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Jellikit

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:37 pm

It's all good on my end Beaver. It's a shame that the people who know all the answers and should reply to such questions, don't. So I appreciate any effort from those who try. ;)
<<

andy926

Post Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:38 am

Well if anything, I apperciate Beaver. He's been quite helpfull here to me and many others on the message board. I think we need more people like him here. I read the replies, and I don't think he really slammed anyone. To me it seems like he was just trying to be humorus. I understand that sometimes it's hard to get when all we can do is read rather than actually talk to each other. But, I don't think we need to fight. We are all here because we're fans of SHR. I come here to post and have fun, not to argue or fight. If I do post something, and it sounds mean, or whatever, feel free to drop me a p.m. and I'd be happy to explaine myself. Personally, I've never had an issue with anyone here, and I hope it stays that way. Thank god there are a good handfull of people here willing to help others out that are new or just have questions that not just anyone can answer. On another note... Is it just me?, or is it just a little painfull trying to watch the 39 crew the past couple of races? If Newman could just start off the season better, he wouldn't have to fight so hard to make the chase at the end. It seems that every year he starts off terrible, and then is hot as heck at the end of the reg. season, but is duking it out with a handfull of other drivers for that last wild card position. If he makes the chase, he does poorly in the chase, and if he's not in the chase, he scores more points in the final 10 races than anyone.
<<

tlmerk

Post Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:06 pm

Well, I've had my spats with Beaver too and they are benign. I told him he gets his panties bunched because he gets passionate about things and it comes off as condescending or whiney sometimes. I would say if this happens to you, like it did with a couple other people on this site this year already, just ignore the way it makes you feel and realize email, posts, etc. you can't always get someone's real intentions from it and often we misread what we think they're saying. I know he does come off badly sometimes and I just roll my eyes. I don't like it when things he says or what others have said on here scare off some newby Garage Gangers. Everyone is welcome here and if some people think they're special because they've been on this site for a long time--- (and I'm not saying this applies to this person but it seems a few on this site bring up that fact a lot), no one is better than someone else here. There is no elitism or ranking crap.

All SHR fans are welcome and should be treated with respect. If you feel you're not, don't leave the site. I would just say let it roll off your back and rack it up to the fact that this site means more than it should to some people who apparently have nothing better to do with their time.

Beaver is well liked on this site but he doesn't run it. The fact that he's well liked should state that he's a pretty good guy. He just doesn't always come off that way. I'd say give him a chance. ??
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

Jellikit

Post Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:32 pm

Guys..everything is fine. I'm pretty sure the fight that Beaver is referring to is with his neighbors. (From another thread)
I said, I appreciate his effort in trying to answer my question. It just came across a little bit that I shouldn't have been complaining about 1 point. But I wasn't trying to do that, I honestly thought there had to be a reason for the people having extra points, and it turns out there was.

All good.
<<

andy926

Post Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:03 pm

Ahhhh, it's nice to know all is good in the world of SHR.
<<

beaverpond

Post Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:59 pm

I will be the first to admit I can get a little cranky and need be slapped from time to time. I appreciate the fact that I am liked on this site by most and that most find my information helpful.

Yes, my issues are with a neighbor. I have been getting a lot a messages from all over town showing me support because I guess they have more enemies than I thought. Amazing what you learn after the fact.

I have a feeling I am going to have put my "charm hat" on. The elderly gentleman who has been so sick that I been shoveling for, for the last few winters is doing very poorly and his step son just told me that he has lost more than an inch of body mass on his arms and legs in the past week, which is more than the past two months combined. I thought he was skin and bones before. This does not sound good.
Image Image

<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:18 pm

Sorry to hear about your neighbor beave, best wishes to him and his family

No worries on your attitude, we know Mrs B will break out the rolling pin if/when it's necessary :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

andy926

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:08 pm

I'm sorry to hear the Beaver. It's never easy watching someone wither away to nothing. I've walked a mile in those shoes too, only it was my Dad, so I understand. Either way, I do appreciate having you around to help with questions and just as someone knowelgeable to talk to. It's people like you that make this site fun, and something to look forward to logging into. I quit posting a while back, and decided to give it anther chance. It's also cool that people understand that things can be taken the wrong way here and usually it's just a misunderstanding. And for those that take it too personal...get over it. There is usually a good explaination for it, so quit jumping to conclusions. So far this year has been great here except for the big points issue. So as long as everyone can check the drama at the door, this season should be great.
<<

LeslieO

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:27 am

I'm not around much and definitely don't need to be bringing any drama ;)

Beaver, I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor. It is definitely not easy watching someone go downhill like this. My grandma is in the same situation right now. I am 5 hours away from her and even from here it is very hard.

I think this particular thread was started to discuss problems with points awarding, but hopefully it's ok if I chat about picks as well. I've enjoyed discussing picks in the past. I am often in the 1 point club so may be found chatting there about them as well though. ;)

I should come out decently this week....26 points I believe. My picks were

I suspect many had similar picks. Bristol is often volatile but choosing Ky. Busch is never a bad plan there.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:42 am

i got two of them right, i should get a good boost from these picks, just have to wait til they give em out. this year i decided not to put any thought into it, hopefully i do better. :lol: :lol:
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:42 pm

WOW! Animink got the points awarded for Bristol really quick this week. :shock: ;) :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

tlooney14

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:44 pm

hey everyone i got my points for bristol 1 in the right place , but i had one in the wrong order and didn't get points for the right car but wrong spot .
my question is do i get points for both cars or just 1 car ?
thanks
TLooney14
...settling for second, you might as well kiss your aunt with a hairy mustache. - Tony Stewart
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:49 pm

How it works is if you get one in the right place and one in the wrong place...then it is like saying they are both out of order. You get all or nothing it seems like at times. So you go by list "B" for points. You would get what ever two drivers being out of order are for points if that is what you had in the top 3.

Now if both your drivers came in, in the order you picked them...lets say first and third...then you would get list "A". I hope this clears things up for you.
Image Image

<<

andy926

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:01 pm

You are rite Beaver, The way I've noticed they do things is that they will always give you the points that total the most. Basically if your pics. could be totalled in both catagories ( A and B ) whatever comes out with the higher total, then those are the points you will recieve.
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby