FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Happy St. Patty's Day

<<

duffygoofy

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:04 am

Happy St. Patty's Day

Hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend and enjoy the Races and Happy St.Patricks Day to All.
Attachments
stpatricksday2.gif
stpatricksday2.gif (78.21 KiB) Viewed 772 times
ImageImage
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:22 am

Re: Happy St. Patty's Day

Right back at ya, Duffy! :D :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

smokieonefour

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:09 pm

An early Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all Irish ( first ) and everyone else that celebrates the day. :-)

I'm 1/4 Irish & proud of it. :-) O'Sheehan is the proper name that links me, to my Irish heritage.
Out of all my brothers & sisters....I was the only kid to not receive an Irish first or middle name... :-(

As a small child, when g-ma O'Sheehan was still living, she made sure us kids knew about our Irish heritage and taught us songs, stories, legends, myths & history. To this day...if my life depended on it - I cannot sing one of those songs with out the accent! LOL

Instead of posting songs - here's a link to The Irish Rovers - where you can find just about every song they did. :-)

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=irish+rovers
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

duffygoofy

Post Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:40 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:Right back at ya, Duffy! :D :D

TY
Attachments
stpatricksday14.gif
stpatricksday14.gif (20.76 KiB) Viewed 768 times
hat_text.gif
hat_text.gif (18.79 KiB) Viewed 768 times
DrinkBeerSmiliesSings.gif
DrinkBeerSmiliesSings.gif (32.47 KiB) Viewed 768 times
ImageImage
<<

thorman52

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:14 am

An a Happy St. Patty Day to you and yours. A little (very little) car humor for the Irish.

Patty McGuire and Sean McDougal are involved in a horrific collision, but amazingly both escape completely unhurt - though their cars are written off.

As they crawl out of the wreckage, Sean sees Patty is blonde and strikingly beautiful.

Patty turns to Sean and gushes breathily: 'That's incredible - both our cars are demolished but we're fine. Tis’ a sign from God that we are meant to be together!'

‘Aye, I agree with you completely!' Sean says.

Patty adds, ‘Look ere, though me car was destroyed, this bottle of wine survived! It must be another sign. We’ll drink to our love!'

'Well, OK!' Sean says as Patty offers him the bottle, so he downs half of it and hands it back. 'Your turn,' he says.

Patty says, 'No, thanks,', 'I think I'll just wait for the police.'

And some Irish ingenuity.

A construction site boss was interviewing men for a job, when along came Murphy. The boss thought, "I'm not hiring that lazy Mick..." so he decided to set a test for Murphy hoping he wouldn't be able to answer the questions, and he'd be able to refuse him the job without getting into an argument.
The first question was, Without using numbers, represent the number 9. Murphy says, "Dats easy" and proceeds to draw three trees. The boss says, "What the #### is that?" Murphy says "Tree 'n tree n' tree makes nine". Fair enough, says the boss.
Second question, same rules, but represent 99. Murphy stares into space for a while, then makes a smudge on each tree. "Der ya go sir" he says. The boss scratches his head and says, "How on earth do you get that to represent 99?" Murphy says, "each tree's dirty now! So it's dirty tree, n' dirty tree n' dirty tree, dats 99."
The boss is getting worried he's going to have to hire him, so he says, "All right, question three. Same rules again, but represent the number 100". Murphy stares into space again, then he shouts, "I got it!" he makes a little mark at the base of each tree, and says, "There ya go sir. 100." The boss looks at Murphy's attempt and thinks, Ha! Got him this time. "Go on Murphy, you must be crazy if you think that represents a hundred."
Murphy leans forward and points to the marks at the tree bases, and says, "A little dog comes along and craps by each tree, so now ya got, dirty tree an' a turd, dirty tree an' a turd, and dirty tree an' a turd, which makes a hundred, when do I start my job?"

Now on to Bristol!
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

ndunn

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:43 am

I've only known for a few years that I am 1/2 Irish. Due to an adoption of a newborn my mother never knew who her birth family was. After she passed away a family member of hers had been looking for her. I was able to talk to the person who was looking for her and found out things that upset me in certain ways. I won't go into it here but things were very different at the turn of the century. I'm very ashamed of how my grandfather treated my grandmother. I know what happened as I received medical papers regarding her. Any way it seems as if I inherited her personality and I'll take that any day as this lady was born way ahead of herself and now she wouldn't take what happened to her.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Jellikit

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:09 pm

So...this Irishman walks out of a bar.....

No...really...it can happen! :mrgreen:

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY FROM MY IRISH FAMILY TO YOU!
May the luck o' the Irish be with team SHR and it's fans today!

Return to The Lobby