FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DENNY HAMLIN's WINNING's ASSESSED

<<

Annalee

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:10 pm

DENNY HAMLIN's WINNING's ASSESSED

Hamlin drops appeal of fine: #11-Denny Hamlin tweeted Thursday afternoon, "After a lot of thought I have decided not to appeal the fine NASCAR has issued. Dragging myself, my team and NASCAR through the mud for the next 2 weeks would not be good for anyone. I firmly believe I am in the right on this issue and will stand behind my decision not to pay. I understand NASCAR will do what they feel is necessary based on my decision. Thanks to all of my fans and peers who have supported me in this decision. I look forward to putting it to rest."
AND NASCAR announced today that the $25,000 fine assessed to driver Denny Hamlin on March 7 will be settled per Section 12-3 of the 2013 NASCAR rule book after being informed by Hamlin that he will not appeal the penalty. Hamlin was fined after the sanctioning body determined he had violated Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing). NASCAR considers this matter closed.(NASCAR)
AND Section 12-3 of the NASCAR rule book allows NASCAR to collect fines from the driver points fund and/or race purse winnings.(3-14-20

They can take the money or his points.....what ever they want, :shock:

This is just wrong!!! NASCAR SHOULD HAVE LET THIS SUBJECT JUST DIE!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:53 pm

Re: DENNY HAMLIN's WINNING's ASSESSED

Just lost some respect towards NASTYCAR for the fact no one dares not to agree with the rule of no talking. I suppose it's one of those days when someone is in a bad mood. Must be Denny didn't have a judge in his corner like Hendricks did.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:18 pm

They can't take his points, they're talking about the points fund that's paid out at the end of the year. Each driver is paid out money according to the points position he finishes in each season. They can take it out of there or out of race winnings.

This was a fine, not a penalty so drivers and owners points aren't an issue, just money...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:56 am

Last night on RACEHUB they said points, even if it is just assessing his earnings...that is just wrong!
By the time Denny lawyered up, that fine would have tripled, plus time and involvement...... And NASCAR wonders why they are loosing fans...Sad!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:12 am

I don't get NASCAR's stand on this either. I listened to Denny's interview and I didn't think he said anything that bad. NASCAR has very thin-skin when it comes to the Gen-6 car. The way they see it, Denny called their baby ugly.

The problem is, they have to stand by their original decision to fine him or they will look weak by reversing themselves. They over-reacted and now they are stuck with it... or, they actually still believe they are right. :? ;) :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:25 pm

Just had to delete everything I posted. Not worth the effort. NASCAR dose not care what anyone thinks or does. They know it all except they can't figure out why they re losing fans.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.

Return to NASCAR & Racing