FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Weekly Picks & Meal Club for 2013

<<

Jellikit

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:30 pm

Re: Weekly Picks & Meal Club for 2013

Sweet ride!

Consider the food a donation from a first timer. Maybe it will cover me for a day or two in having to prepare another meal. After all, I think a few more may have some cooking time in store. :lol:
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:54 pm

It is nice, no doubt, but the other one was clearly larger. It could sleep 12 and this one only sleeps 8. However, this one has a higher towing capacity so I bought a larger trailer to haul the trailers for the new JD Tractors.

john_deere_backhoe_bucket.jpg
john_deere_backhoe_bucket.jpg (72.97 KiB) Viewed 778 times

This will take care of any clean up projects after any bad storms.

JD X758.png
JD X758.png (198.41 KiB) Viewed 778 times

This bad boy has 24 hp and is 4wd, and has a 54 inch mower deck. No more getting hung up on the hill on the back 5.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:02 pm

I can't do any cooking tonight as I am flying out to attend three school board committee meetings and will be leaving my friends private jet.

private jet-.jpg
private jet-.jpg (86.9 KiB) Viewed 778 times
Image Image

<<

thorman52

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:58 pm

Since everyone is still full from brunch I thought a light late afternoon snack would be nice. I went to downtown South Bend and picked up some of the finest chocolates in the world. :) These are from the South Bend Chocolate Factory. Tried for an hour trying to figure out how to put pictures in this post to show you the goodies but as usual, I failed. :x Sooo, all I can do is give you the web site and you can pick and choose. The table was set up with the following:
Butter Toffee, Caramels, Mint Meltaways, Peanut Butter - all milk chocolate and dark flavors
Pecan Pattie's - aka Turtles
Malted Milk Balls - Peanut Butter, Dark, and Cherry flavors
White Chocolate - Dutch Pretzels, Oreos, and Rice Krispies Crunches
All that with the Factories' fresh roasted specialty coffees and good conversation
Then I had Specialty Gift boxes for everyone to take home.
Anyway all is welcome and enjoy. I'll work on that pic insertion thingie.
Go to http://www.sbchocolate.com to see the real thing. Yummy!
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:05 pm

Keep YOUR coffee out OUR brewers. We use only the best coffees. Green Mountain Coffee :D
Attachments
12-acc-gmc-flavored-sampler-alt.jpg
12-acc-gmc-flavored-sampler-alt.jpg (43.2 KiB) Viewed 778 times
Image Image

<<

thorman52

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:00 pm

Sorry. Will do. Didn't know about the special brew. I'm learning.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

Jellikit

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:15 pm

Green Mountain is indeed a great, if not one of the best, coffees. But I'm partial to Jamaica's Blue Mountain coffee. I brought home a couple bags of beans after my visit there. It's just too hard to find it here though. Most of it goes to Japan.

Thor, on pics, there's a few different ways you can post them. Depending on where you are getting them from, one easy way is to host the image on a site like imageshack. It's free and easy. You just upload the photo there, then follow the directions to put them in a forum by copying and pasting. I'm sure some :ugeek: :ugeek: here may have an even easier way, but that always works pretty easy for me. You can also try copying the image's location by right clicking on it, then use the Img icon just above here and pasting the image's url location in between the brackets. Sometimes that doesn't work for me though. :? But I'm just barely a computer literate user. ;)
<<

thorman52

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:53 pm

Thanks Jell. I'll give it a try.
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:33 pm

Planning Breakfast...bought more bacon and have cooked it so that it can be re-heated. Also bought more eggs. Have been busy in the kitchen baking tonight. There are going to be chocolate chip muffins, english muffins, apple cinnamon muffins, blueberry muffins, orange cranberry muffins, and apple raspberry muffins. I also bought some real butter.

I have taken out of the motorcoach some homemade strawberry preserves and blueberry preserves for the english muffins if you are interested. You can find these in the fridge.
Image Image

<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:45 am

ALL HANDS ON DECK !!!!

Got the building permit, hired a contractor who brought his crew and is also looking for volunteers to assist. I am using my bucket loader and backhoe to dig the foundation.

I am looking to double the size of the Club House adding a sleeping quarters in one area, a play area for kids in another area, a 42 inch screen television in this room, there will be a second floor and this is where all the beds will be. I am also looking to renovate the old Club House by lowering the ceiling and adding a second floor for more beds in their as well. Their will also be three more bathrooms with two showers in the new section of the building. One bathroom on the first floor and two bathrooms with showers on the second floor. I will also be working on adding to the existing septic system by tripling the size of the existing tank and tripling the size of the leach field. This bit of pumping out things once a year gets costly.

I will also be adding a 20 foot by 20 foot storage facility with one huge bay door to store the lawn mower and tractor when I bring them down as well as any other gardening tools or BBQ cooking tools we may need.

I found a local paving company to expand the parking lot. I will be using my tractor and its attachments to start the expansion process and let them finish the job.
Image Image

<<

Jellikit

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:09 pm

Well, with St. Patrick's Day being this weekend, and today being 3.14...I thought a little Irish Pi(e) was in order. ;)
I'm always one for trying new things, and I found this recipe today. Once I saw it had Guinness included, I stopped looking for anything better. :mrgreen: I'll be back in a little bit after I grab the Guinness and start on the Shepherd's Pie and cornbread.
Here's a look at the recipe.
http://kathskustomrecipes.blogspot.com/2013/03/irish-guinness-shepherds-pie-w-guinness.html

Also, Beaver, after the renovations are complete, I think most would enjoy this in their commute from the 2nd floor to the 1st in the clubhouse.
We'll need a lot of shellack. 8-)

Have a great St. Patrick's Day everyone!
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:37 pm

Make sure all wood splinters have been sanded down. ;) :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:25 pm

I like the way you think Jellikit. I showed this to my brother-in-law, the contractor, and he said he has actually build one similar to it before. He also suggested a firemens pole for those that did not want to wait in line at the slide. He suggested one thing. A pad of some sort for the adult kids who have forgotten on how to land on their rearends and end up on their heads instead. He said there is one available that blends in well with the floor. He recommended one for the area around the pole as well...you know, not everybody lands on their feet.
Image Image

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:39 pm

FEET?!? :shock: You're supposed to land on your FEET? No wonder I've been getting a lot of headaches. ;) :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:48 pm

Might explain a few other things that are wrong with you :shock: :mrgreen:
Image Image

PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby